How good are our CBs?

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

We're going to need another great and healthy season from this group. Plus the upgraded from Joyner to Clark should help the CBs.

Edge rusher won’t hurt, either. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I know everyone hates PFF but they are pretty useful in getting a relative gauge of a player and their seasonal grades are quite good.

So I was just looking at their final CB grades.

Sauce - #1 ranked in the NFL, as he should be. By the middle of the season he was essentially Revis. He was 4th in entire NFL for non-QBs in WAR, #1 in all of defense and first in EPA

DJ Reed - #10 ranked.  Still in Top 20 for WAR and EPA. But remember by the end of the season he was facing the #1 receiver a lot as people challenged Sauce less and less

MC2 - #22 ranked Also Top 20 in WAR.

Obviously people recognized how good Sauce was early, but don't sell the others short. I think we have the best CB duo AND trio in the entire NFL

They were really good last season but that was last season. Who knows if they’ll perform equally well this season. At times sauce seemed to be a little handsy. The refs could easily start calling a different game.  As long as the rules are applied equally across the nfl then I’d say the jets have about the best pair of corners in the league.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I know everyone hates PFF but they are pretty useful in getting a relative gauge of a player and their seasonal grades are quite good.

Sauce - #1 ranked in the NFL, as he should be. By the middle of the season he was essentially Revis. He was 4th in entire NFL for non-QBs in WAR, #1 in all of defense and first in EPA

DJ Reed - #10 ranked.  Still in Top 20 for WAR and EPA. But remember by the end of the season he was facing the #1 receiver a lot as people challenged Sauce less and less

Obviously people recognized how good Sauce was early, but don't sell the others short. I think we have the best CB duo AND trio in the entire NFL

Nice getting some love from pff

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I like them. 

Me too. Most jets fans hate them because they lowly rate terrible players on terrible teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Honestly, I would have probably taken Gonzalez.

Yeah before draft someone asked what I’d do if all the OL, edge and WRs were gone and Gonzales was also my answer 

• Upvote 1

Even Echols is a solid spot starter and Bryce Hall has starting experience. The top 3 Jets CBs are amongst the best in the league. 

Hall is the biggest question mark of the whole group. Does the coaching staff believe in him at all or is he here because he's cheap depth?

Last year, best group in the league IMO. It’s a tough spot to have a high level of play continue year over year. Hopefully the same this coming year.

Think Reed has been Douglas’ best free agent signing. Not sure it’s close.