Happy Juneteenth!!!

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Educate yourself, Joe W, and everyone else who still has no idea.  All it takes is a google search.  But here it is all the same: 

The Emancipation Proclamation (signed Sep 22, 1862; issued Jan 1, 1863) and 13th Amendment (April 8, 1864) weren't enough to free all the slaves.  The Union forces had to enforce the law in the south.  The last stop was in Texas, the westernmost slave state at the time, on June 19, 1865. 

I.E. 2 months after the Civil War ended, more than a year after the 13th Amendment was signed into law, and 2 and a half years after the Emancipation Proclamation was issued, the slaves were finally freed for good in ALL parts of the country.  Months/years more that families and loved ones were torn apart and sold into forced servitude after 400+ years of slavery in the US.  Only then were all the slaves finally freed in the US. 

Keep this stuff in mind and teach it to your children, because there are plenty of places in this country trying their hardest to stop teaching it in schools.

Oh man where??

Let me at em!!

• More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

3,300+ Juneteenth Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

Hope everyone is having a great Juneteenth!

This post should be removed it is far too political.

While acknowledging that Juneteenth has now become a national holiday, it was done in response to another highly political situation the  George Floyd Riots, but the idea/day has been around a long time.

It is important to remember the historical context surrounding this significant day and that is very much controversial and political in itself. Juneteenth was literally when the military arrived to inform slaves of their freedom because their democrat slave owners never told them they had been freed by two years earlier by Republicans. 

Again all of this is to politically charged and I don't think this is the place for it. Best left for in depth discussion elsewhere.

Please remove @Maxman or mods. 

• Thumb Down 19
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Tell me you're white, without telling me you're white. 

nice comment the slight racism for not blindly kissing the boot enough. 

Again really should close this politically charged post. 

Just to point out the reason some don't know the holiday is pretty in-depth discussion but basically its because this forced holiday has issues because of today political narrative on race relations being so bad today when obviously it is nothing compared to yesteryears in our nations history. 

As someone mentioned already you can look it up, but for Jets nation sake I'm pretty sure we don't need the  nonchalant racism towards American citizen. No human should be attacked based on the color of their skin, include "white" @Ghost420

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just to point out the reason some don't know the holiday is pretty in-depth discussion but basically its because this forced holiday has issues because of today political narrative on race relations being so bad today when obviously it is nothing compared to yesteryears in our nations history. 

As someone mentioned already you can look it up, but for Jets nation sake I'm pretty sure we don't need the  nonchalant racism towards American citizen. No human should be attacked based on the color of their skin, include "white" @Ghost420

Ironically this is not the site for posts like this.

My suggestion is to just avoid this thread. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What the heck is not a manufactured holiday? They all exist because of human decisions.

• Upvote 4