Sean Payton taking shots at Hackett and Jets

36 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Jets play Broncos week 5. Buckle up. 

i mean he is right. when a player literally cant complete a pass, its always on the play calling.

Russell Wilson and Zach Wilson set football back 10 years between them last year. At least one of them still has a chance due to age.

• Haha 1

I respect the sh*t out of Sean Payton and his words shouldn't be taken lightly. That said, he's installing a new culture and trying to get his guys to buy in. He's communicating his no nonsense "do the work" approach to his team while also heaping blame from last season on the previous coach. Guys will eat that up.

He's not wrong about what a disaster Hackett was as HC. I was very weary about that hire if it didn't come with Aaron Rodgers. There's also the peter principle to consider.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

He actually is. I can give 2 examples recently in the Rams and Tampa Bay.

The Rams opened their stadium with the SB in it and won the SB.  Tampa Bay went in on Brady and won a SB.  Denver went all in on Wilson and Hackett and shat themselves.  

Who, oh, **** that guy...

Sean Payton - Drew Brees = Not much

"Payton has never actually won a game without Brees as his quarterback in 13 seasons as a head coach. He is 0-3 -- losing once when Brees was injured and twice when the Saints rested their starters in Week 17."

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/32238/sean-payton-has-the-brains-bravado-to-win-without-drew-brees

33 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hackett was a disaster in Denver. I wanted no part of him being the coordinator here. But he’s just the coordinator, not the HC, and ARod has worked with him so I’m not too concerned about it.

I was not a fan of the signing at all and think that Hackett literally didn't have the ability to take control of his own team as HC. In addition I have heard that the owners made concessions to RW allowing him his own office and apparently he basically just refused to play within the offense and do his own thing.

Much of the collapse of Denver was on not-too-Dangeruss. Can Payton control him?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Who, oh, **** that guy...

Sean Payton - Drew Brees = Not much

"Payton has never actually won a game without Brees as his quarterback in 13 seasons as a head coach. He is 0-3 -- losing once when Brees was injured and twice when the Saints rested their starters in Week 17."

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/32238/sean-payton-has-the-brains-bravado-to-win-without-drew-brees

Didnt Bridgewater win like 5 starts with Sean payton?

• Upvote 3