Sean Payton taking shots at Hackett and Jets

WEEK 5 is going to get REAL interesting !

The Late Sunday Afternoon TV Schedule is MIGHTY LIGHT !

TWO West Coast teams are on Byes that week (Seattle & Chargers)

The Rams are playing at the Eagles in a 4:05PM start (not Nationally Televised, - that could actually be a pretty good game)

The 49ers are playing the Sunday Night Game.

The Raiders are playing Monday Night

The Bengals are at Arizona slaughtering the Turdinals in a 4:05 start (this one will have great TV Ratings in Cincinatti)

The only game with a decent contest going head-to-head with Jets/Denver at 4:25 is KC at Minnesota. And even that could turn into a snoozer if Minnesota doesn't show up.

Jets v Denver Week 5 at 4:25 could get some BIG TV RATINGS

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

He's not really wrong for ripping whatever happened in Denver last season but it is pretty weird to go off and take a crap on a random conference opponent. Payton talks like a guy who has been huffing his own farts for some time and might not be quite as brilliant as he thinks he is.

He's not factually incorrect with what he said, but it is wrong in many ways.  You don't get hired and then immediately sh!t on your employer, saying how much of a sh!thole the company was before you got there.  Many people are still in that organization from last year which he just ripped on.  It's completely unprofessional and uncalled for.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

He's not really wrong for ripping whatever happened in Denver last season but it is pretty weird to go off and take a crap on a random conference opponent. Payton talks like a guy who has been huffing his own farts for some time and might not be quite as brilliant as he thinks he is.

Yup. These coaches easily forget that the QB makes them. Andy Reid was viewed as a good coach until Mahomes. Now he is an all time great offensive coach. BB with Brady. List goes on.

Payton will learn soon enough that Brees turned him from a good coach to a great offensive mind. Is Russ a Brees level QB? I’d bet…no.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Yup. These coaches easily forget that the QB makes them. Andy Reid was viewed as a good coach until Mahomes. Now he is an all time great offensive coach. BB with Brady. List goes on.

Payton will learn soon enough that Brees turned him from a good coach to a great offensive mind. Is Russ a Brees level QB? I’d bet…no.

yeah, no doubt he's a good coach. is he good enough to start spraying strays around ala Rex Ryan? guess we'll find out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He's not factually incorrect with what he said, but it is wrong in many ways.  You don't get hired and then immediately sh!t on your employer, saying how much of a sh!thole the company was before you got there.  Many people are still in that organization from last year which he just ripped on.  It's completely unprofessional and uncalled for.

Urban Meyer, part two, old school, loudmouth, …

with a washed up entitled quarterback…

Evan Roberts I believe said he has an identical record to Mike McCarthy who everybody just assumed sucked(I wanted him over Gase) … we are going to rip their heads off…

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Wish Ryan Clark would leave that garbage network.

guy is outstanding and should be part of an nfl mgmt team

Really? I seen him a lot on greeny show and well I don think he is really that great. But tha tis early ass morning so maybe why he is so loopy at times 

3 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

He thinks he’s Bill Parcells but doesn’t have much to show for.

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hackett was a disaster in Denver for sure but payton letting russel wilson off the hook is just him trying to protect what he has to work with.

What does that have to do with him taking shots at the Jets?

38 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

What does that have to do with him taking shots at the Jets?

By taking shots at the jets he diverts blame from everyone on his team to some place and some team else.  Of course he will look like a total moron if denver is not good and the jets are

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Really? I seen him a lot on greeny show and well I don think he is really that great. But tha tis early ass morning so maybe why he is so loopy at times 

To me, he is smart, delivers his insight without hot takes or trying to make headlines. I always thought he would be an excellent guy in a role within scouting - possibly head up a teams scouting dept.

On a side note, i mentioned to you last year that i have a respect for you especially the way you stood up to everyone myself included in the infamous someday berrios thread. You took shot after shot and never waivered which is the essential sign of a Jets fan. No matter you many times you get beat down, you come back for more however, you dropped a peg today by stating you listen to that fraud Greenberg.😀    

9 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

This didn’t bother me at first but I’m a little pissed after giving more thought. It’s so random for Payton to just pick out the Jets to talk sh*t about. Wish Saleh had a stronger response, but once we beat the Donkeys I’m sure he will have more to say. 

Nothing random here. He’s in Denver, he’s defending Denver’s QB so he’s sh*tting on Denver’s previous Head Coach. Where do you see random or “the Jets” here? This is Denver and Hackett.

8 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

He thinks he’s Bill Parcells but doesn’t have much to show for.

I remember in Parcells took over the Jets, he commented that the prior regimes heart was in the right place… His way of saying they sucked… Without saying they sucked

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nothing random here. He’s in Denver, he’s defending Denver’s QB so he’s sh*tting on Denver’s previous Head Coach. Where do you see random or “the Jets” here? This is Denver and Hackett.

He went a little further on the Jets and winning the off season stuff. He basically said he can see the Jets being that team that doesn’t meet the big expectations everyone is predicting. He could have stopped with the Bronco stuff without ever mentioning another team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"We're not doing any of that. The Jets did that this year. You watch. 'Hard Knocks,' all of it. I can see it coming.

Like Saleh said, he can say whatever he wants. I do think it is probably not best practices for him to start stirring sh*t up before he knows exactly how much of an albatross his insufferable qb is.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The reality is the Bronco's have absolutely failed for years to develop the kind of team and organization that wins.  They have a very loyal and pissed off fan base and they have constantly gone for the big splash to solve their problems.  In fact the hiring of Payton wasn't much different than buying Wilson.  They gave up draft capital and in the case of Wilson long term cap money for a band aid.  The move for Payton cost them draft capital and a ton of money.  

Denver is a team looking up in a very tough division.  They need draft picks and cap management.  The new owners have done nothing but throw draft capital and money at trying to solve the issue for two straight years now.  

Payton knows this.  He may well want control of the entire football organization because he knows that they have a long rebuild and current managment doesn't have the brains or the patience to do it.   He's protected.  They gave him a ton of money and gave up a lot to get him.  He has a vested interest in sh*tting on the people above him if he really wants them out.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets comments were a deflection to soften his real target, Denver management.  

It may have been a very calculated comment that was intended for the people in the Denver organization.   It's clear he was sending a message to Wilson and his entourage to stop the nonsense.

I'm so confused.  Is bringing in one player the equivalent of trying to "win the offseason"?  That's basically all that was done - aside from bringing in a few guys that Rodgers is familiar with.  None of them stars or anywhere close to being considered stars.  On top of Hard Knocks which by all accounts neither the Jets nor their players wanted to be a part of.  

So pretty much, trading for one player(to fill your biggest need) = trying to win the offseason.  Good to know, Seany.  

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When he gave them grief for trying to buy a team and for wanting HK?  
What do the Jets have to do with Denver?  Why does he bring the Jets up at all?  

• Upvote 1