Not Looking Good for Mims in Detroit - Update: Mims Cut

mrcoops

44 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If he was waived/injured, he will revert to their IR if not claimed.

Does being on IR count as 'on the roster' in trade comp terms?

I really want that 7th round to 6th round upgrade... 

I mean are we getting Vilma’d here ?

interesting possibility.  

• Haha 1

Just now, BB_Jets said:

Don't know if this was asked/answered but what happens with the 7th rounder the Jets sent to Detroit ?

We'll keep that, Detroit will keep their 6th.  The exchange of picks was conditional on Mims making the roster.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Shocked how bad he ended up being. Really thought he was going to be good.

After I watched him take the phone call from JD when he was drafted in the second round and was now a minor millionaire, I had strong doubts whether he would be a good NFL player. 

Most players who get drafted have NFL physical tools.   Whether a player is successful is mostly a result of work ethic and what is between the ears.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

We're over a dozen posts into the thread, and no-one has said he'll go to the Pats and become an All Pro yet.

You people really are slipping.

Just goes to show how much JN doesn't believe in Denzel Mims at this point.  

Lions are a 1-WR team until Jameson gets back from suspension and Mims still couldn't compete for a spot.  Didn't even make it to the Aug 29 cutdown day either.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

We're over a dozen posts into the thread, and no-one has said he'll go to the Pats and become an All Pro yet.

You people really are slipping.

I didnt realize he got cut.

There’s no doubt in mind he will go to the Pats. Will McDonald will sack and end Mac Jones’ career. BB will put Mims in at QB and the rest is history.

This is why the Pats traded back. BB needed the Jets to get McDonald so that he can insert his future HoF QB, Denzel Mims.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, varjet said:

After I watched him take the phone call from JD when he was drafted in the second round and was now a minor millionaire, I had strong doubts whether he would be a good NFL player. 

Most players who get drafted have NFL physical tools.   Whether a player is successful is mostly a result of work ethic and what is between the ears.  

Yea, that felt odd at the time and in hindsight said it all. I have a friend who works for the Jets, told me the last few years that he didn't like Mims. Would always mumble under his breath after getting hit.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Vikings got hosed in the herndon deal.  Now the lions in the mimsy deal.  Hahaha.

All it cost was wasted time watching Mims suck in practice.  THe only one who got hosed by Mims was Joe Douglas and the NY Jets.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Yeah, that was a weird look. He looked like he didn't give a damn.

On the plus side, a player who made me feel the same way on draft day this year was Broderick Jones.  Bullet dodged there, I think.

• Upvote 2