McGovern - Jets FO “got rid of all the bad apples”

Our team seems to be a band of brothers, all getting along.

I could see how some Vets would not give the rookies (Sauce, Garrett, Breece, et al) the time of day to begin with, with some vets refusing to call Sauce, 'Sauce'. Saying he hasn't earned a nickname yet. Remember when RG3 came into the league? His own teammates called him Bobby, saying he hasn't earned a cool nickname yet.

But I didn't see any of that. From day one last year our team seemed to be OK with the Rooks getting all the press, attention, awards. I think the only player the team did not jell behind was Zach. But that was earned. I think Saleh avoided an all out mutiny by benching ZW.

Seeing the whole team, even the vets, fall in line behind Mike Fn White was a thing of beauty, as long as you're name is not ZW (or his mom!).

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 2

60 some odd players in a locker room not going to have everyone gelling together and being best buds. What makes a team is that all those players respect one another. When teammates respect each other you’re able too work towards a common goal. Hopefully that is what we see happening here.

• Upvote 3