Just got in, how do the Giants look tonight?

Maxman

I didn’t watch the game but I’m guessing daboll is one coach who could get his team fired up.  They lost because their offense hasn’t come together yet.  The defenses almost always lead the offense in the early games.  Hopefully the jets offense has their act together.  Becton and brown both need to show and play well.

7 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

They lost by 40 but it's the same as losing to a gw fg according to Collinsworth. So a good effort by the G men. Nothing to worry about. 

He's not wrong.  It still counts as only 1 loss.   Obviously it was a horrible performance but they have 16 games remaining to right the ship.

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's not wrong.  It still counts as only 1 loss.   Obviously it was a horrible performance but they have 16 games remaining to right the ship.

A loss like that in the home opener has to leave some scars. If the Jets lose like that to the Bills tonight I don’t think the board would share this calm reasoned perspective.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Watched games all day then had to head out for a bit. Wanted to watch the Sunday night game, but am 5 minutes from home. Will turn it on then.

So how do the Giants look? Barkley is probably making them regret they didn't sign him long term, right? Daniel Jones is certainly living up to the big contract.

Anyone watching? Let me know what I missed, thanks.

It was ugly but you just had to look

Shocked Car Accident GIF by 9-1-1: Lone Star

10 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The Giants look like sh*t.

10 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Look more like the midgets than giants 

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

pile GIF

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Oh damn what a bummer. I guess that means if the Jets beat the Bills that Tuesday would be an amazing media day.

10 hours ago, rtnelson said:

The Giants are deep inside the Jets all decade playbook.  It is truly a sight to behold.

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

They look GREAT to me 

Honestly, I wish they would always play this way

JMO

10 hours ago, pointman said:

Daniel Jones

X Factor Laughing GIF by X Factor Global

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Stuck with him another yr too ha

9 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Giants could have let Daniel Jones walk like they planned to before last season started, continued to rebuild their roster, and possibly put themselves in a position to take a good QB prospect in the 2024. Instead, they paid a solid QB like a great one. 

If you don't have a top QB, you don't just pay a decent one top guy money. 

51 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It was the worst home opener loss in the history of the Giants. No big deal. It was just 1 loss. They are building something special with Brian Daboll and their 160 million dollar quarterback. They should still make the playoffs with their amazing culture. 

@Jetsfan80

Clearly the Giants decided early on in the 1st quarter that they're going to enter the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

tank GIF

• Haha 2

I’m not totally shocked because this is what I expected from them last year. It’s only one game but perhaps we can start to put to bed this whole ‘we don’t need great players because our coach makes average players great’ angle that Giants fans were trying to build. Daboll wouldn’t be the first coach to flame out in NY - happens more often than not…

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Joe Flacco just seized the initiative and called the Giants...to say he doesn't want to play for them.

Has Joe gained 60 pounds and upped his bench press? Was a complete and total breakdown of their OL. Would not want to be the Giants' OL coach, Bobby Johnson,  this AM.  

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Watched games all day then had to head out for a bit. Wanted to watch the Sunday night game, but am 5 minutes from home. Will turn it on then.

So how do the Giants look? Barkley is probably making them regret they didn't sign him long term, right? Daniel Jones is certainly living up to the big contract.

Just like @Jetsfan80, think they prolly saving themselves. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nothing says "we are still the 'little brother'" more than pettiness before we've won anything.  

We're not the Giants' little anything. More like the Hatfields and the McCoys. And it's not really pettiness to admire such complete annihilation. There is a certain beauty in such complete ineptitude. 

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

They looked so bad they just changes their name today to The NY Midgets.