Zach's #s this week and game prediction

Maxman

Since its my first post here and I want to be some what positive...

16-27 175 yards 1 TD 1 INT 

I think however, we run the ball fairly well and it ends up being a very close game.

I am torn between Dallas 17-16 or Jets 19-17. Its going to be another grind. Our defense has to keep that same hungry attitude and maybe a score from them is what wins it for us. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Some things never change.

Even with Rodgers on the team, the Jets still can’t get a roughing the passer call.

Wilson got his facemask smashed into his own grill on MNF and they didn’t call it.

If it’s open season on Wilson, Micah Parsons and company are gonna tee off.

I’m afraid ZWs going to be Parsons boyfriend for the game. 

What if.... Just for sh*ts and giggles....

Zach wins the Superbowl.... (I know, I ******* know, I get it impossible, BUUUUTTTTT) What if this dirty bastard does it..

Imagine the dynamic of AR wanting the team back from the Superbowl winning QB....

Then what is AR struggles in his come back....

Do we as a fan base start calling for Zach over AR....

I know, don't badger me... I get it, impossible.... Buuutttt...

With this defense, solid ST, and great RBs.....

Not that is would happen...

Could you imagine the whole offseason discussion on whether you start Zach or AR... Man, every news outlet would love it...

Storybook all over it. Flight Delay or some sh*t. Remember the 2023 Jets

- Just a thought

* That would be a happy summer *

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Zach wins the Superbowl.... (I know, I ******* know, I get it impossible, BUUUUTTTTT) What if this dirty bastard does it..

Imagine the dynamic of AR wanting the team back from the Superbowl winning QB....

Could you imagine the whole offseason discussion on whether you start Zach or AR... Man, every news outlet would love it...

- Just a thought

The only hole in this scenario is even if we won the Super Bowl WITH Zach, we likely wouldn't have won it BECAUSE of him.

ARod would likely retire before he became a player who couldn't reach Zach's level . . .

• More Ugh 1

The pick was very bad but I did see progress in things he did last year that he has recognized which is something.  Even the touchdown pass he immediately went over to GW and told him that was not a great throw and Garrett immediately had his back which is great too see. I’m not saying he is going to take a huge leap although that would be awesome.  The shock of losing Rodgers immediately still hasn’t gone fully away BUT with Hackett being more hands on and if Rodgers can be in Zach’s Ear throughout the year I think it’s possible to have a fun year 

• Post of the Week 1

Zach went into the Buffalo game ice cold.  Hackett was jolted by the sudden change of events.  And the Jets still won the game.  I didn't think about that until days after the game.  I was immediately overwhelmed by the same "oh f*uck, there goes the season" feeling as everyone else.  But my loyalty never wavers. I bleed Jets through and through.  I can't allow myself to succumb to the negative BEFORE anything (potentially) goes awry.  Have faith.

I don't care what his numbers look like.  If he gets us the W, I'm good.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

- Just a thought

its not if Zach wins a SB but is he the reason for it or just a passenger like Sanchez was.?

see this is my fear. yes it would be great to win a SB or even make the playoffs but if Zach is Mark Sanchez and we make the playoffs he is going to get more time and he shouldnt. it would be like Sanchez all over again, he got more time cause of those 2 AFCCGs when he really should have been gone by year 3. 

Just now, doitny said:

its not if Zach wins a SB but is he the reason for it or just a passenger like Sanchez was.?

see this is my fear. yes it would be great to win a SB or even make the playoffs but if Zach is Mark Sanchez and we make the playoffs he is going to get more time and he shouldnt. it would be like Sanchez all over again, he got more time cause of those 2 AFCCGs when he really should have been gone by year 3. 

don’t think you will need to worry about this

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I can't allow myself to succumb to the negative BEFORE anything (potentially) goes awry.  Have faith.

Why?  Do you think that effects the outcome on the field or something?

Something HAS already "gone awry", we lost a HOF QB we paid alot for, and now we're playing the worst QB in the NFL in 2021 and 2022.

Faith is for church, not winning Super Bowls.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I don't care what his numbers look like.  If he gets us the W, I'm good.

If his numbers aren't good, and we still win, then "he" most likely didn't "get us the W", the running game and defense likely did.

i.e. most of our wins last season as exhibit A.

I appreciate fanaticism and logic don't always go hand in hand, but come on......

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Overall I agree, but IMO the FO put too much on Sanchez with each passing year.  The running game/OL wasn't as strong, they lost some receivers, and all I remember hearing was "this is Mark's team now", as if he was able to take the team on his shoulders and carry them to victory.  I'll always wonder "what coulda been" if they kept building around him and letting him be who he was - good enough to win games, but not without help.

If Zach is serviceable enough for us to make the playoffs (of course a BIG "if") I hope this FO sees it for what it is, instead of what they hope it to be . . .

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

That's what you are worried about?   That we win a SB and have a QB controversy!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Overall I agree, but IMO the FO put too much on Sanchez with each passing year.  The running game/OL wasn't as strong, they lost some receivers, and all I remember hearing was "this is Mark's team now", as if he was able to take the team on his shoulders and carry them to victory.  I'll always wonder "what coulda been" if they kept building around him and letting him be who he was - good enough to win games, but not without help.

If Zach is serviceable enough for us to make the playoffs (of course a BIG "if") I hope this FO sees it for what it is, instead of what they hope it to be . . .

There were really no "what coulda been" with Sanchez.  Despite those first 2 playoff runs, he simply wasn't very good.  

Win or lose, we really need Zach to surprise everyone and have the game of his career.  That would at least keep the fans off his back the next 2 games at home (New England and KC).  I'm still very concerned that things are going to get toxic like they did in that Thursday night game against Jacksonville last year.  That potential cloud of stink could overwhelm any positive vibes that we should be having, due to the talent on this roster.

Go Zach, manage us to victory...all we need is one more point then the Cowpokes... need 2 fg's 2 td's (one run, one pass) to have our victory formula,,, with Aaron in a few weeks on the sideline(as an xtra coach), Zach will get better every game(better enuff) one game at a time... 

16 hours ago, doitny said:

all the Zach guys say he did a good job vs Buffalo cause he wasnt prepared to play the game. didnt work with the starters ..bla bla bla bla bla

ok fine, but do you realize that Buffalo wasnt prepared to play against the worst QB in the NFL? Dallas has all we to prep for him and IMO i predicted the return of the "Hokie Pokie" dance.

Zach take 10 steps back...he takes 3 steps left... he does the "hokie pokie" and he turns himself around then throws it out of bounds.!!

Just want to make sure I get this (I think it's sarcasm, but I'm not actually certain).

Last year, we got roasted for being 'lucky' to face a number of backup QBs.  As if that's the only reason we won any of those games.

This year, we got lucky because BUF had to face OUR backup QB.  As if that's the only reason we won that game.

Look this is a big time game for the Jets and for Zach. It's not about him lighting it up and getting great numbers it's about figuring out a smart way to get a W. It's not going to be easy not even if we had AR. They have a big time pass rush and beat the NYG 40-0 last week. It's also a big challenge for the defense to stop them consistently. One of the biggest gripes from players last year was the defense did the job but he couldn't sustain the offense and they were on the field too much. And you know Dallas knows this and their game plan will be to stop the running game and put pressure on Zach to run a short pass offense which he hasn't done well in now 3 seasons. I'd like to see them not be predictable and go to tight ends etc, early and if that works go to Breece and hope the breaks one. Maybe Gipson can save the day again. Look the Bills are probably better than Dallas. If we can beat them without AR the Jets have a chance. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That would at least keep the fans off his back the next 2 games at home

LOL..No it wouldn't.  

We have a toxic fan base.   There are now people outwardly rooting against Zach Wilson and hoping he fails.  Zach failing is more important to many fans than the Jets winning.

Not even hidden anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1