Can we talk about the “new” uniforms?

Mogglez

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.d29158ccb207cda26a0772db2984c3b2.jpeg

IMG_4072.thumb.jpeg.52c9b215581ff3003f1f10c8613f5caf.jpeg

IMG_4071.thumb.jpeg.27f122bcdacb9a25845ae8641951dda5.jpeg

They are absolutely gorgeous.  I need a green (primary) and white (secondary).  I also need these combos to be our go-to look.  Easily a top 3 uniform in the league.

Agreed.  These are beauties.  I also loved the uni's we wore before the current regular ones we wear.  Woody took something that looked great and ruined it.  Hopefully he fixes it next year (I think 5 years will have passed using the current jerseys so we can change next year).

I even hated the ones he kept making us wear last year (with the black pants).

The Jets need to stick with green and white and go with something like the ones the OP posted.  (or the ones we wore before Woody F'd them up with his awful re-design).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

league rules require a certain amount of time before a team is permitted to change the 'main' uni, I think.  too lazy to google it.

I think this is the last year that they're required to keep the current uniforms. So switching to the throwbacks could be made permanent next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

league rules require a certain amount of time before a team is permitted to change the 'main' uni, I think.  too lazy to google it.

Right, which is why I said as soon as possible. I think the league rules are a minimum of every 5 years so we're in the window soon.

Our helmet logos (JETS + Football) on the new uniforms are a joke. 

The shoulder slashes I'm good with except for the fact that they look like limp dicks too often when the jerseys gets pulled.

12 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I am curious though, with no animosity or ill intentions, do the posters that enjoy opening these clothing threads talk as openly and frequently about fashion in their normal family or friends conversations?

I don't think I ever talk about it, other than for my sports teams.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.d29158ccb207cda26a0772db2984c3b2.jpeg

IMG_4072.thumb.jpeg.52c9b215581ff3003f1f10c8613f5caf.jpeg

IMG_4071.thumb.jpeg.27f122bcdacb9a25845ae8641951dda5.jpeg

They are absolutely gorgeous.  I need a green (primary) and white (secondary).  I also need these combos to be our go-to look.  Easily a top 3 uniform in the league.

Those are nice but I prefer this helmet:

Not really, btw.  I just wanted another excuse to post this pic

AaronRodgersUglyJetHelmet.thumb.jpg.5c3954d25cddd82a9540e8d8320690a1.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

This is far better than last year's, however I wish it was a white helmet... jmo !!!

I think the sentiment/arguement against the white helmets is that for the QB's, it makes it harder for them to pick out teammates downfield when you can't see the jerseys over the linemen. Or maybe all our QB's failed eye tests, what do I know?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Love it. But the helmets need to have mini side-winder missiles attached to either side. Players can fire them into the crowd after a big win. DOIT!!!

US Approves $158 Million Sale of AIM-9X Block II Tactical Sidewinder ...

It seems the Jets are finally Embracing the fighter plane motifs over the 707's the team was initially referring to. Lots of "Top Gun" type stuff in the team videos. Play the damn theme when they run on the field...

Perfection.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1