NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Swing passes to the tight ends and Breece Hall who can take it to the house on a 5-7 yarder and has. I don't know if the running lanes will be there esp at the start of the game. This could open it up middle to long for Garrett. As for him making a great catch on a non great pass that's his job. To be a playmaker and do great things. Rodgers based a career on it not every pass he threw to Adams etc was accurate. He had to jump over Dbs to make those plays. Much to the delight of the QB. 

• Upvote 1

I am just not buying the that the Cowboys are THAT good.  They had a nice win last week but that win was put on steroids by rain, a slippery ball and a Giants team that is simply incapable of playing the come from behind role.  Dallas are a good team with a top-3 defensive front but the offense is not KC or Buffalo or Miami for that matter.  The Cowboy Defensive front may be better than the 49'ers and the jets but I personally opt for our depth in that department.

I believe that the Jets defensive front will win the battle against the Dallas offensive line so long as Zach does not put them onto the field all day long.  Strange as it sounds we need first downs on offense almost as much as we need the points that those may eventually lead to.

The Cowboys coaches watch tape as a well and they will overcommit to the stopping the Run.  Everybody does against Zach for one single reason.  It works.  The Dallas defensive game plan probably looks something like this

1. Cheat towards the run, no gain,
  2. Cheat towards the run, no gain,
  3. Tee off on the 3rd and long pass and maybe get a pick (but be ready for the draw play)

....Simply put, Hackett and Zach will need to figure out how complete one or two passes early or we may be toast.  Lazard or one of the TEs need to step up and be part of the solution here,

People are still underestimating our defense and today is a good day to show how good they are.

21-10 Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Swing passes to the tight ends and Breece Hall who can take it to the house on a 5-7 yarder and has. I don't know if the running lanes will be there esp at the start of the game. This could open it up middle to long for Garrett. As for him making a great catch on a non great pass that's his job. To be a playmaker and do great things. Rodgers based a career on it not every pass he threw to Adams etc was accurate. He had to jump over Dbs to make those plays. Much to the delight of the QB. 

Agree about the TEs I’m thinking that since Ruckert will be seeing more playing time for his blocking abilities Hackett hopefully throws him the ball as well it would be something that Dallas wouldn’t expect 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am just not buying the that the Cowboys are THAT good.  They had a nice win last week but that win was put on steroids by rain, a slippery ball and a Giants team that is simply incapable of playing the come from behind role.  Dallas are a good team with a top-3 defensive front but the offense is not KC or Buffalo or Miami for that matter.  The Cowboy Defensive front may be better than the 49'ers and the jets but I personally opt for our depth in that department.

I believe that the Jets defensive front will win the battle against the Dallas offensive line so long as Zach does not put them onto the field all day long.  Strange as it sounds we need first downs on offense almost as much as we need the points that those may eventually lead to.

The Cowboys coaches watch tape as a well and they will overcommit to the stopping the Run.  Everybody does against Zach for one single reason.  It works.  The Dallas defensive game plan probably looks something like this

1. Cheat towards the run, no gain,
  2. Cheat towards the run, no gain,
  3. Tee off on the 3rd and long pass and maybe get a pick (but be ready for the draw play)

....Simply put, Hackett and Zach will need to figure out how complete one or two passes early or we may be toast.  Lazard or one of the TEs need to step up and be part of the solution here,

People are still underestimating our defense and today is a good day to show how good they are.

21-10 Jets

Cowboys were cheating to the run on the first drive of the game against the Giants and the G-men marched it down the field before everything imploded at the 8 yard line.  After that the Giants put themselves in the hole further by abandoning the run game down 7 in the first quarter.  Just terrible coaching by the Giants - they needed to stick to the game plan and gave up on almost immediately.

• (15:00 - 1st) B.Aubrey kicks 65 yards from DAL 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  • 1st & 10 at NYG 25

(15:00 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Barkley left guard to NYG 30 for 5 yards (L.Vander Esch, M.Hooker).
  • 2nd & 5 at NYG 30

(14:28 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Jones scrambles left end to NYG 38 for 8 yards (J.Kearse). PENALTY on DAL-J.Kearse, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at NYG 38.
  • 1st & 10 at DAL 47

(14:01 - 1st) D.Jones pass short right to S.Barkley to DAL 47 for no gain (J.Hankins).
  • 2nd & 10 at DAL 47

(13:24 - 1st) S.Barkley right tackle to DAL 38 for 9 yards (M.Parsons; M.Hooker).
  • 3rd & 1 at DAL 38

(12:44 - 1st) S.Barkley right end to DAL 33 for 5 yards (M.Hooker).
  • 1st & 10 at DAL 33

(12:02 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Breida right guard to DAL 27 for 6 yards (L.Vander Esch).
  • 2nd & 4 at DAL 27

(11:24 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Jones scrambles right end pushed ob at DAL 16 for 11 yards (M.Hooker).
  • (10:45 - 1st) Timeout #1 by NYG at 10:45.
  • 1st & 10 at DAL 16

(10:45 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Barkley up the middle to DAL 16 for no gain (J.Thomas).
  • 2nd & 10 at DAL 16

(10:04 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Jones scrambles left tackle to DAL 8 for 8 yards (S.Gilmore).
  • 3rd & 2 at DAL 8

(9:17 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYG-A.Thomas, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 8 - No Play.
  • 3rd & 7 at DAL 13

(8:53 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Jones Aborted. J.Schmitz FUMBLES at DAL 18, recovered by NYG-D.Jones at DAL 27.
  • 4th & 21 at DAL 27

(8:03 - 1st) Noah Igbinoghene 58 Yd Return of Blocked Field Goal (Brandon Aubrey PAT failed)

13 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I am trying very hard to get a good feeling about this game...

But I'm not...

What's wrong with me?...

You watched the other NY team get destroyed in just about every fashion last weekby the team we are about to play, and you don't have confidence in the QB to be able to pull the Jets through. 

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Agree about the TEs I’m thinking that since Ruckert will be seeing more playing time for his blocking abilities Hackett hopefully throws him the ball as well it would be something that Dallas wouldn’t expect 

There has to be a surprise element if we're going to win. Don't just run straight into a stacked line all day. Hopefully Hackett can be creative without AR and he's better than his father.