New York Jets secret

JohnnyLV

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You will be happy I will create a place a refuge with the Defcon 4 thread on Sunday around 4:00pm EST.

I expect to see you there and looking forward to your contributions to help us all get through this.

There will be no hiding and no excuses in the Defcon 4 thread.  It is open season.

lets remeber what we BOTH learned about defcon levels.

defcon 5 -peace

defcon 1- total war

defcon 4,3,2 get increasingly more dangerous. 

now repeat this back to me so we are both sure we both understand

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Jets are 1-1, and 1-0 in the division with the loss being an out of conference game. They are playing a mediocre (but very well coached) divisional team at home in a game the Jets should win.

Despite all the hysteria, the Jets have not been eliminated from the playoffs.

It must be a secret because y'all act like we are 1-8 and about to be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

Every team is basically a different team the first 4 weeks until things get locked in. The Jets are exceedingly talented. Last week was not what the Jets will be going forward.

Nothing changes with Z Wilson as the QB don’t kid yourself.

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Jets are 1-1, and 1-0 in the division with the loss being an out of conference game. They are playing a mediocre (but very well coached) divisional team at home in a game the Jets should win.

It must be a secret because y'all act like we are 1-8 and about to be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

Every team is basically a different team the first 4 weeks until things get locked in. The Jets are exceedingly talented. Last week was not what the Jets will be going forward.

Harrrrumph!

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Jets Things said:

80ba3421-8986-4558-9a34-1851efc7a61b_tex

It always bothered me he went straight back to DEFCON 5 like 10 seconds after Joshua asked Falken if he wanted to play a nice game of chess instead.

I mean, ok sure take us off DEFCON 1, because we're not at war. But holy hell, an uncontrolled AI software still had an active breach into the defense dept's WOPR computer system, and even worse they hadn't yet remediated the breach or even changed the launch codes.

I mean leave us at DEFCON 4 at a bare minimum until it's proven the AI breach is 100% locked out & the launch codes were changed again. Everybody in that ****ing room now knew the launch code including a high school student computer hacker and some random girl in his class, not to mention some recluse genius who was ok with leveling out civilization the night before because he was still so understandably depressed over his personal loss he didn’t care if the world burned.

But sure, by all means, take us to DEFCON 5 immediately.

They may as well have promoted Ally Sheedy to secretary of defense ffs. 

F***ing dumbasses.

• Haha 4

What is most remarkable to me is that we were predicted to lose to the cowgirls BEFORE Rogers went down. Nothing new there but now its the end of the world. 

In fact I recall seeing multiple posts from pundits and people on this board commenting on how hard the first 6 games would be and if we were lucky we would come out 2-4 and that would be ok because of the softer upcoming schedule. Literally NO-ONE predicted that we would be 2-0 right now but we won at least 1 game that we shouldnt have. So of course.....

The sky is falling. 

The Sky Is Falling Chicken Little GIF - The Sky Is Falling ...

• Upvote 2

I understand the optimism and of course we want the NY Jets to win. If Zach turns it around and proves me wrong, I will ensure to admit it to all; however, the pattern has already being established, and the likelihood is very slim. 

Let's hope for the best and that Zach can be lights out the rest of his career. The odds are definitely against him.

Good luck against Bellicheat, you will need it. 

• Upvote 1

God... when are you going to wake up?

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It always bothered me he went straight back to defcon5 like 10 seconds after Joshua asked Falken if he wanted to play a nice game of chess instead.

I mean, ok sure take us off DEFCON 1, because we're not at active war.

But holy hell, an uncontrolled AI software still had an active breach into the defense dept's WOPR computer system, and even worse they hadn't yet remediated the breach or even changed the launch codes.

I mean leave us at DEFCON 4 at a bare minimum until it's proven the AI breach is 100% locked out & the launch codes were changed again. Everybody in that ****ing room now knew the launch code including a high school student computer hacker and some random girl in his class, not to mention some recluse genius who was ok with leveling out civilization the night before because he was still so understandably depressed over his personal loss.

But sure, by all means, take us to DEFCON 5 immediately.

They may as well have promoted Ally Sheedy to secretary of defense ffs. 

F***ing dumbasses.

best part is that it was breached with a 300 baud modem .. didn't matter you know why ...

Ally Sheedy WAS hot.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

Folks, it's all hopeless.  Even if we beat the Pats.  Not trying to argue or rain more on this drenched parade.  The 2023 Jets are the 2022 Jets, some more talent overall, could even sneak into the playoffs like we should have last year.  It's an improvement from the previous decade but still woefully short of our Super Bowl aspirations from 2 weeks ago.  It's ok to be sad and angry.   I am not getting my hopes up again until I see if AR is back to his old self in 2024 even if we squint hard and see a little progress from our bust QB.

• Upvote 2

Zach Wilson will throw multiple INTs each week. But thanks for the good vibes.

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

God... when are you going to wake up?

Apparently never. What I said was true, we are 2 games in and have no idea what will happen yet you all want to check out because of one best performance against what might be the best team in the NFL. I think you guys want to be miserable.

So you are saying they still have a chance?

I look forward to hearing your viewpoint in ~3-4 weeks.

You are correct, we are not 1-8, and we have not been eliminated from the playoffs as yet.  Both very much true statements.

I guess we'll see Sunday exactly what the "Jets will be going forward", then more when we play KC, then more when we play Denver, and yet more still when we play Philly.  After that, we'll have a much clearer picture of the trend for the 2023 Jets, and 2023 Zach Wilson as well.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Apparently never. What I said was true, we are 2 games in and have no idea what will happen yet you all want to check out because of one best performance against what might be the best team in the NFL. I think you guys want to be miserable.

What could go wrong betting on Zach, Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern and Uzomah?

What’s funny is that out of those 5, Zach is the only one who I believe is capable of improvement, but that is coming off the lowest of bars.  The others are sinking ships who are actually making Zach’s job that much more difficult … as if he needs that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well, we are now 0-1 with Breece Hal.. So by your logic, I guess we are winning our next 5 games.  Awesome!

You went from diagnosing the disease to succumbing to it. Not the first time a Doctor catches a disease from his patients. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

If nothing changes behind the center this will be my first and only thread I necro after week 9. 

22 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

What could go wrong betting on Zach, Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern and Uzomah?

What’s funny is that out of those 5, Zach is the only one who I believe is capable of improvement, but that is coming off the lowest of bars.  The others are sinking ships who are actually making Zach’s job that much more difficult … as if he needs that.

This statement is pretty much 100% true. As I said in another post, Saleh and JD want us to be a "veteran" team one QB away from a SB. But we are not that team. In fact out veterans are the worst players on the team. If we cut Brown, Tomlinsson, Uzomah, Cobb, Lawson all tomorrow, I think that not only would we not get worse we would likely get better.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I look forward to hearing your viewpoint in ~3-4 weeks.

You are correct, we are not 1-8, and we have not been eliminated from the playoffs as yet.  Both very much true statements.

I guess we'll see Sunday exactly what the "Jets will be going forward", then more when we play KC, then more when we play Denver, and yet more still when we play Philly.  After that, we'll have a much clearer picture of the trend for the 2023 Jets, and 2023 Zach Wilson as well.

My  viewpoint might be different in 3-4 weeks.  We will know a lot more somewhere around 1:15 Las Vegas time on Sunday. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Post of the week. Post of the Year. This is it. This Sunday is big, let's go Jets!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

I understand the optimism and of course we want the NY Jets to win. If Zach turns it around and proves me wrong, I will ensure to admit it to all; however, the pattern has already being established, and the likelihood is very slim. 

Let's hope for the best and that Zach can be lights out the rest of his career. The odds are definitely against him.

Good luck against Bellicheat, you will need it. 

The only time Zach is lights out, is when he turns the lights out and goes to sleep.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

This statement is pretty much 100% true. As I said in another post, Saleh and JD want us to be a "veteran" team one QB away from a SB. But we are not that team. In fact out veterans are the worst players on the team. If we cut Brown, Tomlinsson, Uzomah, Cobb, Lawson all tomorrow, I think that not only would we not get worse we would likely get better.

That's exactly why I don't have confidence.  I feel like we were sold a bill of goods during the Summer on these guys.  Present day with a veteran or not, Ruckert is 3x the player that Uzomah is.  Yet, he got 5 snaps.  Just one example of the idiocy of this coaching staff and I worry about the internal politics of playing subpar costly vets over hungry younger guys.

Agree that is even more important now as we give the reins to Zach.  He needs some basic level of protection.  I mean he would have had a second TD to Garrett if his arm wasn't hit.  Perfect read.  Then his confidence grows even more heading into the second half.  But instead, we know what happened. 

Until I see bold changes, I unfortunately already know the ending of the book.  So does the smart money.