New York Jets secret

JohnnyLV

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Jets are 1-1, and 1-0 in the division with the loss being an out of conference game. They are playing a mediocre (but very well coached) divisional team at home in a game the Jets should win.

Despite all the hysteria, the Jets have not been eliminated from the playoffs.

It must be a secret because y'all act like we are 1-8 and about to be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

Every team is basically a different team the first 4 weeks until things get locked in. The Jets are exceedingly talented. Last week was not what the Jets will be going forward.

Welcome aboard the Jets finish 4-2 before bye week bandwagon. 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Post of the week. Post of the Year. This is it. This Sunday is big, let's go Jets!

I will say this: Zach must play well and beat teh Pats this coming week. Enough is enough. He was awful last week. I heard on Sirius NFL they were like 1 of 10 on 3rd down conversions and out numbered like 80 to 30 in snaps or some ridiculous number. The whole team stunk like a gang of skunks on a convention.  They must beat the Pats or else.

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I will say this: Zach must play well and beat teh Pats this coming week. Enough is enough. He was awful last week. I heard on Sirius NFL they were like 1 of 10 on 3rd down conversions and out numbered like 80 to 30 in snaps or some ridiculous number. The whole team stunk like a gang of skunks on a convention.  They must beat the Pats or else.

Kevin and his gang trying to get into the GM's parking lot.

David Bowie Mob GIF by Queen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It always bothered me he went straight back to defcon5 like 10 seconds after Joshua asked Falken if he wanted to play a nice game of chess instead.

I mean, ok sure take us off DEFCON 1, because we're not at active war.

But holy hell, an uncontrolled AI software still had an active breach into the defense dept's WOPR computer system, and even worse they hadn't yet remediated the breach or even changed the launch codes.

I mean leave us at DEFCON 4 at a bare minimum until it's proven the AI breach is 100% locked out & the launch codes were changed again. Everybody in that ****ing room now knew the launch code including a high school student computer hacker and some random girl in his class, not to mention some recluse genius who was ok with leveling out civilization the night before because he was still so understandably depressed over his personal loss.

But sure, by all means, take us to DEFCON 5 immediately.

They may as well have promoted Ally Sheedy to secretary of defense ffs. 

F***ing dumbasses.

This is amazing, thank you. If I can dig it up somewhere, I will share with you the paper I wrote in college 20+ years ago defending the shark in Jaws and that Brody/Quint/Hooper were actually the bad guys. 

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I'll let you in on a not so secret secret.  

New England's offense, about 3x less talented than the Jets defense, will kill the Jets with non contested passes to the TEs, RBs, and weak spots in the zone.  This will eat up the clock, tire our defense, and slow any momentum our offense is able to muster.

New England will stack the box on Defense and play aggressive man coverage on the outside, even if that isn't their typical scheme.  They'll also blitz on passing downs to put pressure on Zach.  Guys like Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern, and Uzomah will be overmatched and most fans on this site will lay the blame on Zach's shoulders as his shortcomings under pressure will be in full effect.

During the game, fans will flood the Official Game thread with frustration, anger, and finger pointing. 

After the game, Saleh will come up with some lame excuse to defend Zach's poor performance rather than take blame for surrounding him with players who cannot give him adequate protection or for a predictable game plan that plays right into the hands of NE's defense.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Jets are 1-1, and 1-0 in the division with the loss being an out of conference game. They are playing a mediocre (but very well coached) divisional team at home in a game the Jets should win.

It must be a secret because y'all act like we are 1-8 and about to be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

Every team is basically a different team the first 4 weeks until things get locked in. The Jets are exceedingly talented. Last week was not what the Jets will be going forward.

No Problem Np GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas - Robert Saleh - Zach Wilson

How has that combination done the last 3 years.  But it will be different now.

Jet fans..............................

Move over you weak ass captain, our new bad ass captain has arrived!!!

@T0mShane and the committee 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I'll let you in on a not so secret secret.  

New England's offense, about 3x less talented than the Jets defense, will kill the Jets with non contested passes to the TEs, RBs, and weak spots in the zone.  This will eat up the clock, tire our defense, and slow any momentum our offense is able to muster.

New England will stack the box on Defense and play aggressive man coverage on the outside, even if that isn't their typical scheme.  They'll also blitz on passing downs to put pressure on Zach.  Guys like Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern, and Uzomah will be overmatched and most fans on this site will lay the blame on Zach's shoulders as his shortcomings under pressure will be in full effect.

During the game, fans will flood the Official Game thread with frustration, anger, and finger pointing. 

After the game, Saleh will come up with some lame excuse to defend Zach's poor performance rather than take blame for surrounding him with players who cannot give him adequate protection or for a predictable game plan that plays right into the hands of NE's defense.

Party pooper

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think people should look at this board like a locker room.  Guys gain and lose confidence like crazy.  It is up to leadership to put them in the right place and right mindset to succeed and not to fall apart at the first sign of adversity.  This board was basically in convulsions by play 5 of week 1.  How did the team keep it togther and win?  You guys can hate on Saleh all you want, but his leadership is way better than the sh*t that we got here from our erstwhile "captain."  @Joe W. Namath I am looking at you!  For all of you complaining about the team and staff that Joe Douglas put together look no further than @T0mShane who picked that shirker.  How does he get off unscathed?

I was told by @T0mShane that the committee has selected @JohnnyLV as the new captain. I think this is a great selection and I hope that Johnny accepts this offer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Everyone who likes this post is on my personal sh*t list!

I think that it is bad form to like your own posts, but in this case I went back and did it.  It did not surprise me to find that you are on your own personal sh*t list.  Not because I thought you would like the post, but because, like most Jets fans, I know you hate yourself.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was told by @T0mShane that the committee has selected @JohnnyLV as the new captain. I think this is a great selection and I hope that Johnny accepts this offer.

Congratulations to @JohnnyLV. This post tipped the scales in his favor. 

And congratulations to @Maxman on his highly conditional appointment to The Committee

• Haha 3

I think we can win against the Pats this week if our OL can do a better job and our D shows up. It would be really nice having a 2-1 record going into the next 3 games before we have to play both teams from last year's Super Bowl in weeks 4 & 6. Assuming we don't beat either of the Super Bowl teams, we could still be at 500 with a 3-3 record going into the bye if we can beat the Pats and the Broncos in weeks 3 & 5.

49 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Are you still Captain?

If we lose and the Defcon 4 thread becomes legendary, I should be in the saddle.

If the Jets win, Johnny Valiant can open a celebratory thread and we all rejoice in Jets greatness.

If this isnt handled correctly, the board could schism here.  We dont want a Lord of the flies scenario here.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Congratulations to @JohnnyLV. This post tipped the scales in his favor. 

And congratulations to @Maxman on his highly conditional appointment to The Committee

57 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Are you still Captain?

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If we lose and the Defcon 4 thread becomes legendary, I should be in the saddle.

If the Jets win, Johnny Valiant can open a celebratory thread and we all rejoice in Jets greatness.

If this isnt handled correctly, the board could schism here.  We dont want a Lord of the flies scenario here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

you sound like half this board last year when we were winning with Zach in spite of him. maybe you were one of those guys saying not to worry Zach is winning games.

but the rest of us knew we could have a QB who completes 50% of his passes. then Hall gets hurt and Zach wins only one game without him. at 5-2 even Saleh and JD realize Zach sucks and bench him. 

we are headin down that same road.

even if we beat NE and that will hold off JD from getting any real QBs we will lose against KC and guys like you will say we are only 2-2. 2 weeks later and 2 weeks of excuses about how hard it is to win in Denver and who can beat the Eagles we are 2-4 without a QB and the season is over. 

i dont know what Zach you have been watching for 3 years but he sucks, as long as he is the QB the season is over.

2 hours ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I think we can win against the Pats this week if our OL can do a better job and our D shows up. It would be really nice having a 2-1 record going into the next 3 games before we have to play both teams from last year's Super Bowl in weeks 4 & 6. Assuming we don't beat either of the Super Bowl teams, we could still be at 500 with a 3-3 record going into the bye if we can beat the Pats and the Broncos in weeks 3 & 5.

Maybe the pats plane will crash. 😂

joke.  

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Everyone says they’re mediocre for losing to the Dolphins and Eagles…

they have a top 5 defense and their QB is better than ours. 

The green colored lenses are heavy for you guys this game. Jets do not match up well. Our only hope is turnovers 

Waiting for Zach is like waiting for Haileys comet.   

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A captain should be honest with his troops.  Im not going to feed you a sh!t sandwich and tell you its a filet mignon.

If that bothers you, so be it.  I sleep well at night knowing I speak the honest truth.

I misunderstood your previous post, I do think Zach's game looked different this past week. He threw his first INT with 11:50 left in the 4th quarter when they were down by 3 scores. I understand the box score looks terrible, I'm not really trying to defend Zach here. Some of our offensive issues stem from Dallas not fearing his passing ability. 

23 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Objectively I think you’re absolutely right, and I’m trying to remain optimistic about our chances going forward. The problem is:

1) I’ve seen this movie too many times and 

2) I’ve seen too many Zach Wilson starts.

Pats game tells us everything. If we lose by double digits and Belichick mind****s ZW at the 50 yard line into 3 turnovers the season is over. Team will unravel and has a chance to get really ugly.

If our defense dominates Mac and ZW looks respectable and we win we might have enough juice to stay competitive for a playoff spot.

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas - Robert Saleh - Zach Wilson

How has that combination done the last 3 years.  But it will be different now.

Jet fans..............................

Saleh and Douglas were the best young combo in the league and would be here the next 10 yrs per you.   Now theyre not?

The disease is strong in this one!