Jets bringing in Trevor Siemian

JetsFanatic

I think some of you are overselling how bad Simien is/has been.  He’s played in 8 games over the last two years, starting 5.  In those 8 games he’s got a 58% completion(not great) 170 yards a game(also not great) but 12 TDs and 4 picks for an 87 QB rating.  He’s not going to set the world on fire, but he can manage the offense and get the ball where it needs to go.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Trevor Siemian?  Are you ******* kidding me????? The optics alone are an embarrassment and an insult to every single person that gives a crap about this team, but the potential as a football move is downright criminal! I hope there is a full blown revolt in the locker room and that meathead Saleh completely loses the team!

This team is a friggin joke!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I think some of you are overselling how bad Simien is/has been.  He’s played in 8 games over the last two years, starting 5.  In those 8 games he’s got a 58% completion(not great) 170 yards a game(also not great) but 12 TDs and 4 picks for an 87 QB rating.  He’s not going to set the world on fire, but he can manage the offense and get the ball where it needs to go.

If he can get first downs that is great. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

What part of “I don’t believe in Robert Saleh if he keeps trotting out Wilson” do you not understand?

Also, Trevor Siemian is light years ahead of your wonder boy (though that’s not a high bar to clear).

But but but if if if

“I’d have a great husband if he didn’t cheat on me daily”

4 minutes ago, ACourseinMiracles said:

Collapse for Caleb?

Planning for that with 14 games left, idiotic. 

And if that is the thought process at Florham Park, even indulgent born on 3rd base morons like the Johnsons are going to fire people at the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

They are going for Caleb.  That's all there is to it.  That one win vs Buffalo is going to make it tough though.  But if done correctly, it can work.  If Simean is backup, then it doesn't matter who's under center.

The tank is on.  

I’d go Michael penix jr cause when he busts we will always have the childish jokes to keep us going

Siemian is not bad as a veteran backup with starting experience. He has played some decent football in the NFL.

But he's not a starting quality player, and is likely not going to threaten Zach.

The Jets obviously felt the fan pressure to bring someone in...but they aren't seeing Siemian as a legit challenger for the starting spot.

Sad thing is...he's actually still a better QB than Zach is.

• Thumb Down 1