### Jets vs Giants - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

I turn the TV off in disgust after turning the ball over on downs at the end of the game! I was so sick to my stomach that we lost to the Giants. I go to the supermarket pick up some food I get back and my tablet says “watch coach Saleh’s press conference after the Jets 13-10 overtime win! I can’t believe we won the game and I’m so pissed at myself that I didn’t get to see the last one minute of the fourth quarter and overtime. Thank you Graham Gano! Thank you!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Some food for thought jet fans:

- We are not better then the chargers

- We will not beat the chargers by 2 plus tds

-Zach will not throw 3tds

- The game will be a rock fight and go down to the wire.

This may be the one game where we have a coaching advantage.

• Upvote 1

I missed most of the game but this is normally what the jets do. 

thibs penalty at the end of the game stops the clock. Jets kill the next play with:01 left. 

they showed Barkley give himself up instead of running through a tackle ? What was that about?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe if the defense could hold the giants to less than 20 all purpose yards we'd be winning. Amirite @Jetsfan80 @Beerfish?

We played a team down to their 3rd string total jag QB, no wrs, no TEs, a terrible oline who had scored like 14 and 7 points the last two weeks.

They had one and only one thing that could give them a chance and that is to run the ball and they ran for like 200 yards on us.

Yeah I'm sure we will get lot's of chest beating over this epic win over such a juggernaut.

The D played well enough to win, barely.   I would say this was a good game for the D and with our awful offense the D has to play to their potential.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We played a team down to their 3rd string total jag QB, no wrs, no TEs, a terrible oline who had scored like 14 and 7 points the last two weeks.

They had one and only one thing that could give them a chance and that is to run the ball and they ran for like 200 yards on us.

Yeah I'm sure we will get lot's of chest beating over this epic win over such a juggernaut.

The D played well enough to win, barely.   I would say this was a good game for the D and with our awful offense the D has to play to their potential.

7-10, just like last year. 

Bobby the Brain Saleh got this. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And we did it all with Zach Wilson at QB ... How bad does this have to get before he gets removed ?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

A win is a win, and its always hard in the NFL.  But we've gotten very lucky with a lot of our wins this year.  Where, it feels more like the other team has given us the game rather than us outright winning it.

That happens of course, and you take it when you can, but you can't live off it either.  At some point there is a regression to the mean, and at some point you have to show that you can win it by yourself.

I remain unconvinced that our offense can do that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

And we did it all with Zach Wilson at QB ... How bad does this have to get before he gets removed ?

He should have been removed at the bye week.

By this time no one should be blasting Wilson for being bad, we know he is bad, he has always been bad he will always be bad.

The ones taking the shots now should be saleh and Douglas.

If we had lost this game maybe we would have traded for Tannehill.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I turn the TV off in disgust after turning the ball over on downs at the end of the game! I was so sick to my stomach that we lost to the Giants. I go to the supermarket pick up some food I get back and my tablet says “watch coach Saleh’s press conference after the Jets 13-10 overtime win! I can’t believe we won the game and I’m so pissed at myself that I didn’t get to see the last one minute of the fourth quarter and overtime. Thank you Graham Gano! Thank you!!

image.jpeg.d9e626b067c4e3992f33e0af2f33bff9.jpeg