Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tank mode is over.  We now root for 9-8 and sneak into the playoffs.  Hahahahahaaha.  Just unreal.

Not so fast.  All the teams with similar records or close to us WON - Bears, Saints, Bucs, Bengals, all won. ams lost but still a game up[ on us. Our schedule is not exactly friendly - Still have Fins and Pats who have owned Zach, Browns playing well and in playoff and Washington.  So if we end up 6-10, we still getting a top 5-10 pick.  Chargers and Raiders both have 5 wins and play each other so one of theme will get 6 wins. Raiders have the easier schedule.  I think we at least good for at least a top 6-8 pick,

Panthers, Pats, Cards, Titans, Washington, Jets  ......on the periphery Giants, Chargers, Raiders, Bears

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What's unreal?  This is the Jets.  Of course we start winning when it comes to screwing up our draft position.

F*ck the draft position, enjoy beating a playoff team. This dysfunctional fan base can’t even enjoy wins. What do you do? watch and actively root for the other team. You will root for Miami next week? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You will root for Miami next week? 

NEVER.

Also,

1. Travis Kelce dumps T. Swizzle week 16.

2. The Jets will make the last wildcard spot week 17 after a miraculous 4 game win streak featuring" Comeback Zach" who is seriously injured on the playoff clinching touchdown.

3. Rodgers comes back for the playoffs giving the NFL the storyline they need and highest tv ratings of all time after the Kelce/Swift breakup.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

F*ck the draft position, enjoy beating a playoff. This dysfunctional fan base can’t even enjoy wins. What do you do? watch and actively root for the other team. You will root for Miami next week? 

To be honest, I did enjoy the game.  Once they brought Zach back as the starter I didn't think losing out was realistic anyway.   I also think that there's something to the idea of not destroying the will of the young stars on this team (which could've happened if we ended the season with 10 straight losses).  

• Upvote 1

Based on what I saw yesterday, I'll be surprised if we lose to the Commanders.  Patriots are a coin flip.  They've been awful but they're coming off a win themselves AND they own us.  I still expect us to pick around 8th overall-ish?  From there though you're still in range to potentially move up for a guy like Alt if you really want him.  Or just sit back and take Nabers or Bowers, whoever falls into your lap.  I'm not big on the idea of drafting a RT.  I think Becton will be back next year in that spot and we'll either draft our LT or look to sign one(Bakhtiari?).

Either way though...yeah...all yesterday did IMO was kill the dream of having a top-3 pick, but we should still get an elite talent.  Who knows though...maybe we go on a run?  Crazier things have happened.  YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

Tanking is all about losing on purpose to improve draft status. I don't know who participates in this conspiracy, the CS, FO, players who does the tanking? Do they intentionally call bad plays to lose games. Or not start good players. Is this good for the sport to have teams play to lose. It's a bad thing for sports. You play to win the game and I'm very happy we won on Sunday. There's an illegitimacy when you lose on purpose esp with a betting atmosphere which is now widespread and heavily promoted. And btw if you do tank and improve your draft status does it work. You draft the top rated QB like we did with Zach and who this season is the best QB in the NFL. Mr. Irrelevant from two years ago. 

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Tanking is all about losing on purpose to improve draft status. I don't know who participates in this conspiracy, the CS, FO, players who does the tanking? Do they intentionally call bad plays to lose games. Or not start good players. Is this a good for the sport to have teams play to lose. It's a bad thing for sports. You play to win the game and I'm very happy we won on Sunday. There's an illegitimacy when you lose on purpose esp with a betting atmosphere which is now widespread and heavily promoted. And btw if you do tank and improve your draft status does it work. You draft the top rated QB like we did with Zach and who this season is the best QB in the NFL. Mr. Irrelevant from two years ago. 

I wouldn't mind them going to a lottery like the NBA. Of course the worst record has a better percentage, but a full on tank does not guarantee number 1.

32 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Based on what I saw yesterday, I'll be surprised if we lose to the Commanders.  Patriots are a coin flip.  They've been awful but they're coming off a win themselves AND they own us.  I still expect us to pick around 8th overall-ish?  From there though you're still in range to potentially move up for a guy like Alt if you really want him.  Or just sit back and take Nabers or Bowers, whoever falls into your lap.  I'm not big on the idea of drafting a RT.  I think Becton will be back next year in that spot and we'll either draft our LT or look to sign one(Bakhtiari?).

Either way though...yeah...all yesterday did IMO was kill the dream of having a top-3 pick, but we should still get an elite talent.  Who knows though...maybe we go on a run?  Crazier things have happened.  YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

Nothing wrong with drafting a good Rt in mid round 1.  It’s an important position.  

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Nothing wrong with drafting a good Rt in mid round 1.  It’s an important position.  

If we had a franchise LT I'd have no problem with it.  We don't though.  I'd rather just bring back Becton for RT and put that top-10 pick asset towards something else - like WR which is also a massive need.  OR like I said, try to move up for Alt.  Even if it costs you your 2nd in 2025.  

My hope is we still end up picking high enough to have our choice at Alt or Fashanu, but that said I'm not reaching on a kid like Latham or Fuaga in the top-10 over truly elite talents like Nabers and Bowers.  

On 12/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, JetsFanatic said:

F*ck the draft position, enjoy beating a playoff team. This dysfunctional fan base can’t even enjoy wins. What do you do? watch and actively root for the other team. You will root for Miami next week? 

But of course.  Every pick closer to #1 is a chance to get best available QB. Sooner or later, we have to hit on one.

49 minutes ago, King P said:

Add the Chargers to the list of teams that will jump ahead of us. Herbert is done for the season, they probably won't win another game 

We might be able to squeeze into that 5th spot with losses to Wash and Pats. Only 4 games left. And wee could easily lose all 4 or more than likely go 2-2.  Or 1-3. We are not winning the last 4 or going 3-1.  So 7-10  or 6-11 is probably the record which puts us around - who knows.  Lot of crappy teams with crappy records are all of a sudden playing better and WINNING. Definitely going to be difficult to project at this point where we pick since so many teams are in that 6-7 win projection. But after all is said and done, looks like we should absolutely get a top 10 pick.

• Upvote 1

Yes.  We will root for Miami.

JD made us this way with his losing ways.

And mind your own fandom.  We can root any way we want.

Tank is still on, lose out and we may get 5th.

• Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

They aren’t drafting a QB in round 1 in 2024

ZW gonna run the table in 2023 and Rodgers would have a kanipshenfit(sp?) if the Jets draft anyone but LT or WR in Rd 1.  Jets will have a first ballot HOFer and a still young gunslinger in the QB room next year.  Tim Boyle brought back to boil water for the coffee.  Can’t draft a QB in 24 it’s “SB or Bust”, just keep loaded up on Offense.

• Sympathy 1

no not really. i'll root for the jets to play well but barely lose. winning does nothing except guarantee another season of dumber and dumbest (although they are probably safe anyway) and a sh*ttier draft pick. winning does nothing for this team

• Upvote 1