I am back in, I just can't help it

Maxman

Just now, AFJF said:

He promised the fan base a new QB after last season, had his GM give up premium picks and money for a future HoF and essentially gave the guy full control to add whoever he wanted.

Of course it blew up in their faces because they're the Jets, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the guy wants to win.

If that was the case, they would have replaced ZW already.  We are a national laughing stock.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

The problem is getting your hopes too high. I’ve been broken down and destroyed for 50 years by this franchise. I’m still at an I’ll believe it when I see it state of mind.

btw it’s all your fault with your sh*tty game thread preparation. You golfing? Because I know you don’t go to the gym.

Asterisks are the key to the season! 

Now… GET OFF MY LAWN DAMNITT!!!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

If that was the case, they would have replaced ZW already.  We are a national laughing stock.

So because they're not doing it the way you would do it, they don't care.

Announcing the pursuit of a new QB, getting a new QB and signing the new QB was just for laughs.

Gotcha.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last two weeks have been brutal. They are pissing away the absolute best defense we have ever seen. The offense can't do anything right and it is beyond frustrating.

The loss against the Raiders, that was just too much.

But I can't give up. I thought I could. Honestly it just isn't in my DNA. So guess what?

I am back in. Jets going up to Buffalo, new offensive coordinator, more bad results for Josh Allen against the NY Jets defense.

Beat the Bills and the Dolphins and this season has a shot. Everytime I think I am out, they drag me back in.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

The last two weeks have been brutal. They are pissing away the absolute best defense we have ever seen. The offense can't do anything right and it is beyond frustrating.

But I can't give up. I thought I could. Honestly it just isn't in my DNA. So guess what?

I am back in. Jets going up to Buffalo, new offensive coordinator, more bad results for Josh Allen against the NY Jets defense.

Beat the Bills and the Dolphins and this season has a shot. Everytime I think I am out, they drag me back in.

Welcome back Boss! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never root for losses, but I’ve never wanted a team to tank more than I want this team to tank the rest of the way. If they want to keep pushing Zach Wilson out there then they deserve to go into next season with *zero* benefit of the doubt. If they don’t win, at least Saleh should be gone at next year’s BYE.

Want the team to tank? That would be cakewalk for one of those wish granting Genies. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I never root for losses, but I’ve never wanted a team to tank more than I want this team to tank the rest of the way. If they want to keep pushing Zach Wilson out there then they deserve to go into next season with *zero* benefit of the doubt. If they don’t win, at least Saleh should be gone at next year’s BYE.

IT MUST BE DESTROYED!!!!

• Upvote 1

Your endless optimism and support of this team is both inspiring and impressive but also, frightening. 

• Haha 4

I think most of us are die hards or else why would we be here.

But I think starting with the Bowles-Mac era is when there were clear points in the season where I kind of gave up, turn off the games early.

That certainly is happening now and while I assumed we'd miss the playoffs after Rodgers' injury and that we'd lose to the Chargers, the complete no show on MNF and the humiliation losing to an interim HC and rookie backup mid round QB on SNF, I'm definitely at the point of losing all hope.

If we lose to Buffalo and Miami, I'm not sure we win many more games this year...1 maybe? I'm not interested in going for a joyride in that sh!t wagon. But, I'll still be posting here year long!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I keep saying the most fun I have had with the jets since 2015 has been the tank for Trevor year.

• Upvote 1

I keep saying the most fun I have had with the jets since 2015 has been the tank for Trevor year.
I despise you for the conundrum you have put me in this morning ...

To laugh out loud ... Or weep to my core from anger and despair.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I do know one thing and if...*MAJOR IF*...this team ever wins another Super Bowl, there will be no better celebration from a fan base than what we will bring upon the world.

It will be total Armageddon and the rest of the NFL world will absolutely despise it.

The Governors of NY and NJ will hate it.

We need to plan a parade from East Rutherford, through NYC, then Long Island....ferry it to BOSTON AND PARADE RIGHT DOWN TO THE "HAAA-BUHHHH"

thinking-smiling.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

We’ll see what happens but I see a lot of posts talking about how this defense is being wasted.  True enough but I also remember teams like the bears who had great defenses but crappy offenses before McMahon came along.  And even there McMahon wasn’t so great but the defense was shut down.  Maybe we shouldn’t worry so much about the defense not continuing to be good in the future.  Sure there will be players turnover but that happens every season.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That ain't happening and you know it.

We're stuck with Saleh and his band of merry penalty makers till 2025.