Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

slimjasi

Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rooting for the Jets to lose isn't the same as tanking.  I agree with your point about tanking ruining the sport.  Though I don't think the Jets have tanked before.  We won 2 of our final 3 the Trevor Lawrence year.  Meanwhile, the Jags benched Gardner Minshew for Mike Glennon the final few games of that season (aka "they tanked").

The Eagles also benched Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the 4th quarter of the final game of the year a couple of years ago.  That cost the Giants a chance at a playoff spot plus I think the Eagles ended up picking ahead of the Giants that year as a result (and they got Devonta Smith while IIRC the Giants got Kadarius Toney).

People just slaughtered the eagles for doing that.  (Especially that cow Mina Kimes).  If the Eagles won they would have picked 10th since they lost they picked 6th, were able to trade down with Miami and get a future first and take Devonta Smith.  It made the Eagles a much better team the following year.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People just slaughtered the eagles for doing that.  (Especially that cow Mina Kimes).  If the Eagles won they would have picked 10th since they lost they picked 6th, were able to trade down with Miami and get a future first and take Devonta Smith.  It made the Eagles a much better team the following year.

Undoubtedly, it made them better.  It helped get them to where they are today.  

I know longer root for wins or losses, I simply watch with morbid curiosity and predict what will happen and this one I predict a win, high fivers, and Saleh smiling ear to ear because he proved to everyone that his team will fight for him even when it doesn’t count.  Shallow as it may be smoking another bottom of barrel team who actual wants to lose.

• Upvote 2

I really would not give a flying **** at this stage.... BUT !! I had a cheap bet with an Idiot Cowboy fan that the Jets would beat the NFC east so we bet 25 per game, as of now the only game the idiot Jets lost was the Cowboy game so If we beat the Commandos I win 50 bucks. The money has no bearing it was a small bet but this guy is such a loudmouth I'm going for Victory. Otherwise I don't give that flying **** I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The thing that no one ever talks about is that we also beat Cleveland the following week, which would have been enough to prevent us from getting the #1 pick by itself. 

now, maybe if we had lost to the Rams, we would have never beaten Cleveland. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I always root for the Jets to win when I watch the games.

I did the same for 50 years. Watching last year’s collapse I finally said “that’s enough”.

Before this year started I made a big bet taking Under 9 1/2 wins, and I’ve sat back and laughed at the futility. I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed this season more than any in the past 12 years… and I made money doing it.

I can’t wait for next year to do the same thing. I’ve finally figured out how to enjoy watching the Jets!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

well in that case you start Zach ...I mean what if Siemien catch's fire and somehow throws a TD pass then what ???

We saw Zach throw for 300 yards and 2 tds just last week. If anyone can catch fire and win us a game or 2 it’s Zach. Siemien will ensure us 3 losses

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

I'm a die hard Jets fan who always roots for his team to win!

How's that working out? 🤪

Personally, whilst I love the chance of a good draft pick, I can't watch hoping for a loss, sure is consolation if it happens though.

Anyway we'll likely mess up the pick anyway so does it really matter?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We need a new tradition. The buttfumble was born on Thanksgiving. There’s a lot of potential for a Christmas Eve disaster of some kind. 

Get ready for a play that will forever be known as the Reverse Stocking Stuffer. It involves a rearranged jockstrap and takes place during a fake punt.

• Haha 3