Rodgers might stick with the NY Jets beyond his career

Bronx

I am not a Rodgers fan as a player at his current age; however, I would love for him to retire and inherit a coaching gig with the NY Jets.  The way he speaks and conducts himself, seems like he loves this team and this might be an existing idea. 

This is not my first thread on this subject, because it is a dream scenario as Jets fans IMHO. 

Thoughts.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 3

56 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Buckle up, Jets fans, because we're about to dissect Aaron Rodgers' masterclass in fleecework. This isn't just about football, it's about an intellectual heist so smooth, it makes Robin Hood look like a clumsy pickpocket.

He's spotted his target: the New York Jets. A franchise so dysfunctional, it makes Chernobyl look like a Tupperware party gone right. And Woody Johnson, the walking trust fund with a football fetish, is the perfect patsy. Rodgers, smelling desperation like a truffle pig on steroids, has circled the Jets like a Great White with the greatest PR team in the world - himself.

Two years of charm and community service as NY Jets QB? That's Rodgers playing hopscotch while Woody's still mastering finger painting. This is a Trojan Horse with a Lombardi Trophy strapped to its back, not just some rusty old boat. He'll whisper of Super Bowls and culture shifts, slowly tightening the reins until the Jets are his personal marionette show. Imagine it: Rodgers, the Pied Piper of Mediocrity, leading the faithful on a never-ending conga line of "almosts" and "what-ifs." Every draft pick will be his bargaining chip, every off-season his victory lap.

The tragedy isn't Rodgers' ambition, it's the Jets' pathetic self-delusion. They're like moths to his flame, mistaking a conman in cleats for their knight in shining armor. He might be the shiny new (old?) toy they crave, but he's more likely the Pied Piper of Purgatory, leading them on a never-ending loop of false hope.

So, a standing ovation for Aaron Rodgers, the ultimate opportunist. May his reign over the Jets be more fruitful than Woody's, who remains the ultimate failure who's earned nothing of what he owns.

So, more of the same then

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

He's definitely smart and knowledgeable enough to be a coach. He has respect of players not sure about his recent dust up with a few players including Garrett but it could have been a positive and an example of leadership ability. He has the self confidence and based on seeing him on Pat Mcafee a few times the type of arrogance maybe needed to be a good HC. I don't think it's going to happen but AR could end up being next Jets HC maybe as soon as 2025. 

6 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Buckle up, Jets fans, because we're about to dissect Aaron Rodgers' masterclass in fleecework. This isn't just about football, it's about an intellectual heist so smooth, it makes Robin Hood look like a clumsy pickpocket.

He's spotted his target: the New York Jets. A franchise so dysfunctional, it makes Chernobyl look like a Tupperware party gone right. And Woody Johnson, the walking trust fund with a football fetish, is the perfect patsy. Rodgers, smelling desperation like a truffle pig on steroids, has circled the Jets like a Great White with the greatest PR team in the world - himself.

Two years of charm and community service as NY Jets QB? That's Rodgers playing hopscotch while Woody's still mastering finger painting. This is a Trojan Horse with a Lombardi Trophy strapped to its back, not just some rusty old boat. He'll whisper of Super Bowls and culture shifts, slowly tightening the reins until the Jets are his personal marionette show. Imagine it: Rodgers, the Pied Piper of Mediocrity, leading the faithful on a never-ending conga line of "almosts" and "what-ifs." Every draft pick will be his bargaining chip, every off-season his victory lap.

The tragedy isn't Rodgers' ambition, it's the Jets' pathetic self-delusion. They're like moths to his flame, mistaking a conman in cleats for their knight in shining armor. He might be the shiny new (old?) toy they crave, but he's more likely the Pied Piper of Purgatory, leading them on a never-ending loop of false hope.

So, a standing ovation for Aaron Rodgers, the ultimate opportunist. May his reign over the Jets be more fruitful than Woody's, who remains the ultimate failure who's earned nothing of what he owns.

Awesome, well thought out analysis.

So you’re basically saying that for $100 Mill and 4 plays clueless sap owner Woody has given up control to a pure psychopath, who will bury the Jets for another 10 year?  You’re probably going to be proven   Hahaha.

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He's definitely smart and knowledgeable enough to be a coach. He has respect of players not sure about his recent dust up with a few players including Garrett but it could have been a positive and an example of leadership ability. He has the self confidence and based on seeing him on Pat Mcafee a few times the type of arrogance maybe needed to be a good HC. I don't think it's going to happen but AR could end up being next Jets HC maybe as soon as 2025. 

Who doesn’t respect a stoner in their 40’s?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m looking forward to the chest bump part when Rodgers fakes like he’s going to leap forward, side steps, and watches Woody face plant into a row of computers.

I like it.  Headline:  Rodgers tears ACL on draft night making a cut on the injury killing parquet floor at Jets headquarters. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Imagine a lifetime commitment to the guy who bought us Cobb, Lazard, Cook and a bunch of terrible bush league roster moves

😂😂😂

You're discounting the exclusive golf and country club that's being installed at Jets headquarters.   It's going to be a great recruiting tool for former HOF players.

• Haha 1

Rodgers strikes me as the type of person who will not want anything to do with the NFL after his playing career.

Maybe I'm wrong but I see more of social commentary podcast / streaming show and owning a clothing company that uses banana peels and horseradish dye as instead of cotton and typical fabrics. 

You have a guy like John Lynch who went to Stanford, had a hall of fame career, went into broadcasting (like Matt Millen) and then converted that into a GM job.   He is one of the top GM's in the NFL, notwithstanding the Trey Lance pick.

Why can Aaron Rodgers do the same thing?

23 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

after next season and possibly the year after,  he is going to want nothing to do with this franchise. Even if Woody gave him part ownership.

I am thinking there is a double secret deal for that.  There is no other rational explanation.  

2 hours ago, varjet said:

You have a guy like John Lynch who went to Stanford, had a hall of fame career, went into broadcasting (like Matt Millen) and then converted that into a GM job.   He is one of the top GM's in the NFL, notwithstanding the Trey Lance pick.

Why can Aaron Rodgers do the same thing?

not just the pick but the two trades up to get to #3 for Trey Lance

• #12 overall in 2021 + their 1st and 3rd in 2022 + their 1st in 2023

and the #3 overall Solomon Thomas pick

and the #14 overall Javon Kinlaw pick

and the #31 overall Reuben Foster pick

and the #44 overall Dante Pettis pick

and the #48 overall Aaron Banks pick

and the #61 overall Drake Jackson pick

#9 McGlinchy filled a hole and was ok at RT for 5 years (ok, 4 years and the first half of another), but he never lived up to being a top 10 pick OT, and that draft's 6th overall non-QB taken at that. 

Don't get me wrong, Lynch has had some serious hits - Kittle in round 5, Purdy in round 7, and Warner in round 3 are the kind of picks most only make with the benefit of hindsight - plus a 2020 5th and a 2021 3rd for Trent Williams - plus the big contract he got - could've blown up in his face, for a former great entering his mid-30s who missed 29 games the prior 4 seasons, two of them would've missed the postseason, and the prior season in its entirety. But he's whiffed a whole lot, too. They all do. Plus one of his best picks was hardly some stroke of genius GMing to take Nick Bosa with the #2 pick.