Would the Jets have made the playoffs if Rodgers never got hurt?

Would the Jets have made the playoffs if Rodgers never got hurt?   

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would the Jets have made the playoffs if Rodgers never got hurt?

Assuming Rodgers would have made it through the entire season, I think they would have made the playoffs.  I don't know how far they would have gone given the other issues.

That is obviously something they believe very strongly at 1JD. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

The OLine would've still been a factor, but just Rodgers playing over Wilson/Boyle
would've given us at least four more wins:

NE
KC
LV
ATL

Which would've put us at 10-11 wins and a playoff spot

This. Very little doubt in my mind that the answer is yes

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think so. 7-10 with awful QB play. If Rodgers was halfway decent I’d imagine you could flip three (or more) games.

I was on the edge with my vote. 

I think we would have most likely been 10-7 (which was my guess in August) and needed a tie-breaker to get that 7th seed. 

I voted yes, but I think it would have been 50/50

• Upvote 1

There are going to be some shocked faces next year when Rodgers comes back and is average.

With the roster we had this year no we would not have made the playoffs.

Next year maybe because we have seen just how terrible all of Rodgers buddies are.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I legitimately believe that if the starting OL was any combination of Brown, Tomlinson, Tippmann, McGovern, AVT, Becton and Sweitzer all year, they would have made it even without Rodgers.

With Zach . . . Wilson? 

Sad John Cena GIF

It's not impossible. Even with the OL injuries, we would have beaten Atlanta with Wilson or Siemian playing and we really choked away the Raiders game as is. And we all saw the BS that happened against the Chiefs. I think we would have JUST missed it, but I don't think your take is outlandish. 

The counterargument is that you can't expect a fully healthy OL and the depth on the OL was always highly problematic. 

• Haha 3

With the way the line went, if it wasn't the fourth play it would have been soon after. I mean geez, those 5 in week one didn't take a snap together all preseason. Bad plan from the jump. If he had miraculously survived then yes. We would have made the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers would have helped out a lot of the holes we had.

Lazzard was a much better player last year. in his GB career with Rodgers he caught 65% of his passes. with Zach he caught 46%. and got targeted alot less. no he didnt decline at 28 yrs old, Zach Wilson sucks and brought him down.

the OL would have played better too because he gets rid of it faster and is more decisive than Zach. is it no surprise that the OL looked better in Siemans 3 starts than with Zach? and Sieman sucks too.

Rodgers biggest strength is calling the plays at the LOS. that will be hard to defend. anybody can get a pass from him.

Zach??? he only threw it to his 1st or 2nd read which was GW or Conklin and dump it off to Hall. it was very predictable. 

i forgot which one of you guys i was talking to the other day who thought Rodgers would drop and be as bad as Zach. i dont think so. i think its the opposite. he is motivated to come back and be really good so he can go on McAffee and tell everyone to suck it. i think next season is going to be really good for us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think so. 7-10 with awful QB play. If Rodgers was halfway decent I’d imagine you could flip three (or more) games.

Exactly this.. It’s remarkable Jets finished 7-10 with worst in the NFL qb play all year.. If we had a backup like tyrod Taylor, think we easily get in

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

The OLine would've still been a factor, but just Rodgers playing over Wilson/Boyle
would've given us at least four more wins:

NE
KC
LV
ATL

Which would've put us at 10-11 wins and a playoff spot

Jets are the 2 seed with Rodgers playing 17 games.

He hides the bad OL play by actually letting them know who is coming and who isn’t.

No Jets QB could do this.

Also the offense is Rodgers offense he decides which play to run when he gets to the line.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Jets are the 2 seed with Rodgers playing 17 games.

He hides the bad OL play by actually letting them know who is coming and who isn’t.

No Jets QB could do this.

Also the offense is Rodgers offense he decides which play to run when he gets to the line.

image.gif.9d9050a44827fdb3b4c91c281eb47c38.gif

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We wouldn't have made the playoffs.  Mostly because Rodgers is already shot.   Having an aging, once great QB that has already hit the wall isn't going to make a sh*tty team good.

4 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

We would have made the playoffs. Mostly because Rodgers isn’t shot. Plenty of juice left. 

I'm glad we settled it, then.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There are going to be some shocked faces next year when Rodgers comes back and is average.

With the roster we had this year no we would not have made the playoffs.

Next year maybe because we have seen just how terrible all of Rodgers buddies are.

What buddies?  We signed Lazard to be the #3 WR.  We didn’t sign Cobb to see playing time.  

Yup, if Rodgers stayed healthy all (or even most) season.

Probably been said already, but that's a huge "IF".  With that oline, he would have taken a beating. 

Come to think of it, it's probably best he went out so soon.  He might have wanted to retire after a season behind that oline.

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What buddies?  We signed Lazard to be the #3 WR.  We didn’t sign Cobb to see playing time.  

No we signed lazard to be #2 wr and gve him #2 wr money and term and one of the reasons corey davis checked out was he was being pushed out.

Cobb was our starting slot WR

Tim Boyle was on the team due to rodgers

Billy Turner was on the team due to rodgers

Dalvin cook was obtained due to rodgers

and most important of all the worst oc in the league was on the team due to rodgers.

A lot of people are totally buying what the jets front office and coaches wanted you to buy.  "It's not our fault rodgers got hurt we will be awesome when he gets back.

People are going to be in for a rude awakening next year I think.

In Tom Bradys last season with the Bucs.  Tampa had easily the worst Oline in the league (like us they were at 4th or 5th options of the street at basically every position).  Zero running game and badly injured wrs that couldnt get any separation.     

In that season he threw for 25 td and 9 interceptions and 4500+ yards and made the playoffs.   Which is crap by his standards, but so far ahead of what we got, that its kinda a joke.

That goes to show you what even an aged qb that is well past his prime can do with jags.

Yes we would have easily made the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1