~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games - Path to the Superbowl~~~ 01/28

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He should have kicked the FG and go up by three scores. I’m all for being aggressive, but you have to have a feel for the game situation.

Absolutely. This isn’t a one o’clock game against the Saints it’s the NFC championship and you’re on the road. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

And the fluke pass catch off the defender’s helmet and the fumble are all because Campbell didn’t try the FG.  Got it.  Weird logic, but I got it.  /s

When did I say that?  I said it was a catastrophic mistake to go for it on 4th down when he could kick a FG to go up 3 scores.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So Jetsy, it makes me sad.

Reminds me of our AFCCG against the Colts in 2009.  We took the early lead, but once the Colts got going, we couldn't get the game back under control.  Lions still have a chance, but this one, but so far it is playing out eerily similar.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When did I say that?  I said it was a catastrophic mistake to go for it on 4th down when he could kick a FG to go up 3 scores.

How could it be catastrophic if they were up by 2 scores?  But going for it or kicking the FG is a debatable point.  Their kicker’s longest made this year is 41 yards.  He’s only played 4 games and is their backup.  That probably had something to do with Campbell’s decision.