LeSauce(GM) on the Recruiting Trail

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I wonder if LeSauce has shared w/ LeDouglas this strategy because LeJustInFudge likey.

Did you break up with the Jaguars officially?

If so, can you start rooting for the Bills or Dolphins now?

If you're going to mush a team, at least be useful about it.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Did you break up with the Jaguars officially?

If so, can you start rooting for the Bills or Dolphins now?

If you're going to mush a team, at least be useful about it.

As proven, it's not necessary to mush the Dolphins and Bills because they are mush.

I'm considering the Chiefs, because they need to be mushed but I just hate their colors. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bonkertons said:

We won offseasons before last year?  That's news to me.  Where tf was I?  I honestly can't even remember one guy that we brought in during that 2022 offseason....Flacco maybe?

2008 - Favre

2010 - Cromartie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Santonio, Revis extension, Hard Knocks, etc

2015 - Fitz/Marshall (with Decker already here to form the trio), return of Revis

2019 - Le’Veon/Mosley, year 2 of Darnold, Jamal Adams coming off Pro Bowl season 

2022 - Sauce/G. Wilson/J. Johnson draft

2023 - Rodgers

Whether we actually “won” any offseasons in this mix is irrelevant.  What’s relevant is hype, which we got in each of the above years.  

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

This is hilarious. Sounds like he is having a lot of fun.

My key takeaway is - even our top defensive player knows it’s all about the offense. He said QB > WR > OL. Not a single mentioned about a defensive player who can jump over cars.

Why didn't he share this with Rodgers last offseason when they drafted McDonald?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2008 - Favre

2010 - Cromartie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Santonio, Revis extension, Hard Knocks, etc

2015 - Fitz/Marshall (with Decker already here to form the trio), return of Revis

2019 - Le’Veon/Mosley, year 2 of Darnold, Jamal Adams coming off Pro Bowl season 

2022 - Sauce/G. Wilson/J. Johnson draft

2023 - Rodgers

Whether we actually “won” any offseasons in this mix is irrelevant.  What’s relevant is hype, which we got in each of the above years.  

So basically 2010 was the only other time.  Maybe 2008 I guess although there was obviously much different levels of hype between Favre and Rodgers.

I don't count having a great draft as "winning the offseason".  That's a thing every GM should be trying to do.  "Winning the offseason" to me is throwing money around on big name players in an attempt to generate hype - which is something that rarely works.  There's a negative connotation that goes along with it, implying it was a mistake.  There was nothing negative about that 2022 offseason.  

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I don't count having a great draft as "winning the offseason".  

When you work things out to where you have 3 first rounders and you nail all of them, you win.  The Jets got plenty of buzz over that that offseason.  

If you want to call the Jamal trade when we really "won the offseason" in all of that instead, I won't argue with you though.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:59 PM, Drums said:

Sauce is being Sauce. Besides, I like when players recruit.

Sometimes I forget that these guys really are just early 20s aged man-boys who essentially live in a bubble through college and then get tossed Millions of dollars to play a game. 

I'm glad I have "LeSauce" (wtf?) To remind me of that fact...

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2024 at 11:46 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Zach Wilson’s corpse is still warm and the Jet players have already completely moved on as if he weren’t still on the 53.

ZW was a waste, as are the zachtruthers.  Same people who believed in him believed in Sanchez and Darnold.

Santa isn’t reaL and our offense is a joke

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, green&white said:

It's hilarious.  Sauce gets it.  It's football.  Not brain surgery 

Heaven forbid someone have fun at their job!!

Especially someone who obviously puts in the work, and performs well.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Why? This is a very real possibility.

Giving a contract to a guy who’s missed basically 2 years for non football reasons would be silly. Jacksonville doesn’t want him back for a reason too.