Jets releasing Laken Tomlinson, gain $8 mil in cap space

4 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

The guy started every game for us while he was here, seemed to be a great teammate.  
Did he not live up to his fa deal? Sure

Was he an overall disappointment based on what he was paid? Sure 

But embarrassing FA deal?  Absolutely not. 
I just don’t see why some of you need to  turn everything into “LOL Jets, we’re an embarrassing clown show” hyperbole.

He was a signing that made tons of sense at the time but didn’t live up, that’s it.  Happens to every team every free agency period.

What level of I'm a real fan cope is this. 

This is maxed out leveling.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

LT Bakhtiari

LG Mike Onenwu/Kevin Zeitler

C Tippmann

RG AVT

RT Rookie (who will eventually take over at LT down the road)

My best guess.

49 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

• Sign Cushenberry

• Move Tippmann to Guard

• Keep AVT at Guard

• Sign or trade for Cam Robinson

• Draft RT and have Carter Warren compete in camp for starting spot

I'm not saying either of you guys are wrong but unless the rookie is an instant all pro both of these lineups are deeply mediocre and at the same time best case scenarios 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not saying either of you guys are wrong but unless the rookie is an instant all pro both of these lineups are deeply mediocre and at the same time best case scenarios 

I’m not really advocating we move Tippmann back to guard…unless it was because brought in someone like Cushenberry. Or else Mogglez is more accurate and probable.

Not like we didnt see it coming.  Now there is talk about Jets & Huff working a deal for him to stick around.  And my "inside" source tells me JD and RS are drooling over Brock Bowers and hope he slides.  Even if one of the top OT's are there, they want Bowers. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Not like we didnt see it coming.  Now there is talk about Jets & Huff working a deal for him to stick around.  And my "inside" source tells me JD and RS are drooling over Brock Bowers and hope he slides.  Even if one of the top OT's are there, they want Bowers. 

image.gif.60366f87f9a7c67fb5e9c810380ec7c7.gif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You really have a source, brah? 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

He made that pro bowl next to Trent Williams 

Not bad luck 

Bad signing 

Lol nah he was the ideal signing at the time and was a good player for his entire tenure in SF. 

JD has made a litany of errors on the OL. Tomlinson suddenly going to sh*t still doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas has missed on the left tackle he drafted at 11 overall, the LG he gave $24 million to, the C he gave $27 million to, the other left tackle he gave $22 million to, and a passel of later round picks on the OL who have all been bad. It’s one thing to miss on draftees, but when you’re whiffing on high-dollar free agents, you have some serious pro personnel issues. At some point, Woody’s gonna notice the money being set on fire in front of him. 

you cant predict what players will do once they get paid and are still at a relatively young age. Neither can Joe Douglas. He's done a good job building the roster from a pile of sh*t he made some mistakes on the OL lets see if he can correct the ship. Releasing this pile of sh*t was a step in the right direction

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

They did just post this today guess Woody wanted to get the pulse of the fanbase on this potential pick 🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Dude must have drawn absolutely zero interest in the trade market.

What an embarrassing FA deal.

Hindsight now.  

But the guy played well in San Fran and was incredibly durable.

Might just have been one of those guys that once they got the payday....

It will be interesting to see if they move AVT now back to the left side, and really interesting to see if they resign Becton.

Just a disappointing player.   He deserves credit for being available though.  An Iron man of badness.

Now cut CJ Mosley to show you are serious about priorities for this team.

Cap space for a #2 WR, at least two o lineman if not three and perhaps even Huff is vastly more important than a 32 year old tackles only LB.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

JD invested in the OL by signing a pro-bowl LG, gave him a chance to stick around, and then released him when he failed to live up to his contract. 
What’s the big problem?

100% correct. Some just can't see the Forrest for the trees.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Incredibly durable player”

It’s helps to actively avoid contact, lol

Guy was terrible, so unathletic and unaware

Dude I was gonna post same thing...it's hard to get hurt when avoiding any contact for 60 minutes every Sunday afternoon!

On a different note, when JoeD brought him in, there was a lot of hoop-laa about what a great catch that was for the Jets. Except one sports writer (back then) thought it was a bad pick. He showed videos of Tomlinson getting bull-rushed into Garoppolo's lap every snap of the NFCCG, which the 9ers lost.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

JD invested in the OL by signing a pro-bowl LG, gave him a chance to stick around, and then released him when he failed to live up to his contract. 

What’s the big problem?

I agree with  this, the move was not a bad one at the time, but like all moves for a GM more moves have to succeed or fail.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

100% correct. Some just can't see the Forrest for the trees.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Which is what?

The GM that said o line was his first priority and it was touted he was a guru has failed at every attempt to build it.

You aren't judged on your intentions. You are judged on your results.

42 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

What’s the big problem?

• Upvote 3

Tomlinson was a home run signing compared to our starting left tackle who was gonna protect Aaron Rodgers bling side.  Duane Brown coming off a major injury at $11 million because he was warrior that could have just mailed it in.  That’s how the Jets make their key personnel  decisions.  Yes he sucked and he will most likely suck again this year but at least he didn’t quit on us last year, we have to bring him back even if he only plays 1 game.  What a sh*t show. 

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie, this surprised me.  Didn't think they'd want to have to fill 3 holes on the OL instead of 2.  Curious to see what they end up doing here.  Maybe AVT slides to LG.  Perhaps they look for a center and move Tippmann to RG.  I think you can potentially find a starting guard or center in the 3rd if the board shakes out a certain way.  Although a tackle in round 1 and then an IOL in round 3 would be the least exciting draft I could imagine.

• Upvote 2