Olumuyiwa Fashanu ends combine workout due to thigh injury

29 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Fashanu's miniscule hands bother me more than they should.  Does hand size really impact on quality OL play?  I've no idea, but his hands are ridiculously tiny for a man his size.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/penn-state-olu-fashanu-measures-combine-record-smallest-ot-hands/

I would think hand strength matter more than hand size for a lineman but if they cant stay on the field then I guess size doesnt matter right?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Just don’t draft them both. Took me an entire season to realize Quinnen and Quincy were brothers and not the same guy, 

Then there’s Fautanu. Between him, Fashanu and Fuaga who knows what OT we’re going to draft to maybe play OG. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Fashanu's miniscule hands bother me more than they should.  Does hand size really impact on quality OL play?  I've no idea, but his hands are ridiculously tiny for a man his size.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/penn-state-olu-fashanu-measures-combine-record-smallest-ot-hands/

I thought he would have been well endowed below the equator. Small hands...small feet...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Only if he is a Center?

Perhaps small hands are an advantage as less likely to be able to get a hold of a defender's jersey.

• Upvote 1

Has a million great reps in pass pro against elite competition with elite size, strength, and movement skills? Sign me up. I know Fuaga is getting all the love right now, but did he see a lot of good pass rushers at right tackle in the Pac 12? How many of those are getting drafted? Bralen Trice? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I happened to flip on the combine during the o-linemen running the 40 and many of them were going down with injuries before even finishing it.  It got to the point that Eisen and whoever he was hosting with were talking about the idea of changing it to a 20 yd dash for o-linemen.

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:46 PM, JetsFlyer said:

so he hurts his thigh running, then almost immediately says I should be ready for pro-day in a week?  hmmm

he and mims were the two guys we wanted to see move at the combine

Trade back, get a 2nd rounder, take Mims. He's raw but is an excellent pass blocker, has elite measurables and for all you guys who are into hands, he has big hands. 

On 3/7/2024 at 6:41 AM, The Crusher said:

Just don’t draft them both. Took me an entire season to realize Quinnen and Quincy were brothers and not the same guy, 

Wait… what? And here I was thinking this QW guy was making plays all over the field. There’s two of them?

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 6:54 PM, T0mShane said:

Has a million great reps in pass pro against elite competition with elite size, strength, and movement skills? Sign me up. I know Fuaga is getting all the love right now, but did he see a lot of good pass rushers at right tackle in the Pac 12? How many of those are getting drafted? Bralen Trice? 

So you are officially endorsing OF ? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Trade back, get a 2nd rounder, take Mims. He's raw but is an excellent pass blocker, has elite measurables and for all you guys who are into hands, he has big hands. 

This is what I want us to do as well.  Mims or Guyton will both be available in the teens and we can then add another hopefully impact player in the 2nd

• Upvote 2