How bad will JD strike out in free agency?

17 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

just keep this same energy when we are winning, that's all i ask.

If you consider playoffs and a first round exit winning fine. This team is not winning a SB (the only true win) 

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

If you consider playoffs and a first round exit winning fine. This team is not winning a SB (the only true win

Screw that. Give me a damn winning record and a playoff appearance. I don’t even care about the Super Bowl. I’m sick of rooting for a loser.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Screw that. Give me a damn winning record and a playoff appearance. I don’t even care about the Super Bowl. I’m sick of rooting for a loser.

I would take this if we had a young QB back there but we brung in rodgers to win a SB. 

We’re going to be linked to everyone but will end up signing a bunch of lower tier free agents . Idk what quality OL free agent would choose to come here 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So you cry and whine about over and over

Yes.  Thats how this works.  Jets continue to suck so we complain and demand better.  Would you rather this board just adopt a PVO policy for the 12 or so people who would stick around?  Just accept the sh*t sandwich in silence that Woody shovels us every year?  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The regime is a lame duck and the team is radioactive. We aren’t signing anyone.

Hey at least the stadium is well regarded by players and it’s a cheap place to live with low taxes and boy the weather is a big draw 😂

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As opposed to your crying and whining about other peoples crying and whining?

Is your name Karen, by any chance?

No, Karens whine like you. Take your childish personal insults and shove them up your condescending a$$

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

No, Karens whine like you.  

As opposed to whining and whining and whining about other peoples supposed whining?  

Bitching that other people won't adhere to your opinions of the world and do as you say is literally peak Karen.

But you do you I guess.

And no, I'll refrain from shoving anything up my ass, but if that's your thing, I respect your lifestyle choices.  Just leave me out of them, if you please.

• Upvote 1

I would say a 2.

Even if he hits on everyone he signs, he's left this team in far too deep a hole that it will be impossible to fill.

Y'all should just accept 2024/25 is a throw away year.  Just a wasted season before the next rebuild.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

14 years 0 playoff appearances.  Only 2 seasons in which we were .500 or better.  Woody couldn’t sell cucumbers in a women’s prison hes that inept

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Larz said:

It a jets tradition. Everyone is going to lose their minds next week but players just don’t want to come here unless the jets outbid everyone else by 10% and winning isn’t the players top priority.  It’s a wicked cycle

DJ Reed is the only good signing going back 10 years , Decker was good  until Maccagnan cut him and Harris to soft tank

nattering nabobs of negativity.  note that mac was responsible for the bulk of the bad free agent signings.  douglas has stayed pretty much away from the big name players.  and then there are the guys who came in and got injured like lawson versus the guys who came in and were real slugs like trumaine.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

As opposed to whining and whining and whining about other peoples supposed whining?  

Bitching that other people won't adhere to your opinions of the world and do as you say is literally peak Karen.

But you do you I guess.

And no, I'll refrain from shoving anything up my ass, but if that's your thing, I respect your lifestyle choices.  Just leave me out of them, if you please.

So you’re saying you don’t agree with me? Not sure by your answer.  Try to be more clear next time.

JD rather pay 4 guys marginal money versus overpaying one elite player. So far, the results are no bueno. 

He has one mission this off-season. Improve the offense via free agency and just about every draft pick. I have a bad feeling Saleh will convince him to do something stupid and use significant draft or cap money on a defensive player. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

JD rather pay 4 guys marginal money versus overpaying one elite player. So far, the results are no bueno. 

He has one mission this off-season. Improve the offense via free agency and just about every draft pick. I have a bad feeling Saleh will convince him to do something stupid and use significant draft or cap money on a defensive player. 

Mostly true but he was willing to pay rodgers.  The thinking was that he would elevate the play of the marginal players.  

On 3/9/2024 at 1:23 PM, ElBarrioJets said:

Guys, can we wait for stuff to happen then bitch, instead of bitching ALL the time?

Even if the Jets win the Super Bowl people will find away to complain about something. This place is like purgatory waiting to see a shrink.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Even if the Jets win the Super Bowl people will find away to complain about something. This place is like purgatory waiting to see a shrink.

The "I'm a better fan than you all because I'm a pollyanna who never complains" contingent are so cute some days, lol.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, Sammybighead said:

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being last years free agent crop, how bad does JD wiff? 

We gonna lose huff, end up with the corpse if bhaktiari, and if we're really good little boys and girls, maybe just maybe he'll treat us to obj or Hollywood brown.

I don't have a good feeling at all

Horrible thread title.  But I can't disagree and hope you be wrong.  And thanks for the vivid worst-case scenario. Gives me the willies. 💩

On 3/9/2024 at 7:32 PM, SickJetFan said:

They have been awfully quiet...my bet is the Jets will be big spenders

will it work out? no clue

I could see this. 

They can give out $150 million in contracts and still be close to there current cap space. 

JD needs to know his budget by noonish tomorrow.  

if we don’t hear about big cap clearing moves by then we can just skip free agency and start talking about the draft lol 

35 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Between the media hit pieces and Jets fans hating on the team, who would want to come here?

If all you're looking for is everyone to sing "We're Awesome!" together in unison with you, with any critical thoughts banned, feel free to start that thread.  I'm sure it'll be very popular.

No one is stopping the Positive Vibes Only contingent from expressing their positivity all over the place if you so desire. 

While you're at it, no one is stopping you from just skipping over/not clicking obvious critical threads like this one.  The title sorta says it all, seems easy to avoid if you try.

I look forward to your Very Positive Thread Sack.  

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If all you're looking for is everyone to sing "We're Awesome!" together in unison with you, with any critical thoughts banned, feel free to start that thread.  I'm sure it'll be very popular.

No one is stopping the Positive Vibes Only contingent from expressing their positivity all over the place if you so desire. 

While you're at it, no one is stopping you from just skipping over/not clicking obvious critical threads like this one.  The title sorta says it all, seems easy to avoid if you try.

I look forward to your Very Positive Thread Sack.  

Not sure where any of that came from. If I wanted positivity, believe me, the last place I would be is among other Jets fans.