Where goes the Hamburglar?

1 hour ago, SoJetsy said:

Free agency upon us and no mention of Becton, what do you think happens with him, trade, release, keep him?

I was thinking about asking  yesterday if they will re sign him.… I’m interested in hearing what the boys here think about this one.

Becton isn’t coming back. It was clear the moment Saleh got here that Becton was not his kind of player. He’ll catch a 1 year prove it deal and I wouldn’t be stunned if he had a good season, but it won’t be here

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Certain players cannot be back on this team no matter what, Becton and Zach wilson are two of those.

They’ve both compromised Saleh’s leadership to the extreme and they absolutely must be stricken

It was just another dumb move by Jets not picking up Becton 5th year option.  Now they have to get 2 starting tackles in FA and the ones available are not that much younger than Brown and have missed as many games in that couple season.  Way to go JD.

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

It was just another dumb move by Jets not picking up Becton 5th year option.  Now they have to get 2 starting tackles in FA and the ones available are not that much younger than Brown and have missed as many games in that couple season.  Way to go JD.

Becton isn’t a starter though. He played last year because they had no one else.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Certain players cannot be back on this team no matter what, Becton and Zach wilson are two of those.

That Douglas still has a job after these two picks is astounding. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets aren’t resigning Becton. Wilson however is under contract.

Lol, you’ve been writing his obituary here for years now. I think it largely depends on Becton’s market, which I don’t expect to be too robust. An NFL team could do a lot worse at swing tackle, though. I won’t be shocked if he’s back. 

Wilson, however, will be gone. Whether it’s a swap of seventh rounders and/or the Jets eat some or all of his guarantee, he cannot be on the roster this year and he won’t be. 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I was thinking about asking  yesterday if they will re sign him.… I’m interested in hearing what the boys here think about this one.

I think he’s become close with Rodgers and ends up back in a new contract. Regrettably.

27 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, you’ve been writing his obituary here for years now. I think it largely depends on Becton’s market, which I don’t expect to be too robust. An NFL team could do a lot worse at swing tackle, though. I won’t be shocked if he’s back. 

Wilson, however, will be gone. Whether it’s a swap of seventh rounders and/or the Jets eat some or all of his guarantee, he cannot be on the roster this year and he won’t be. 

I’ve written his obit because he’s terrible. His market will be one year incentive deals likely and the Jets presumably drafted Warren to be their backup swing tackle. 

He’s a top 5 available OT.   He gone 
If another team is willing to give him a nice contract that will help us plenty with the comp pick situation.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

If another team is willing to give him a nice contract that will help us plenty with the comp pick situation. emoji4.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No doubt.  His current medical condition will be everything but since he changed his stance on playing RT I can see someone signing him to a decent but short contract. 

• Sympathy 1

We should start predicting what Becton’s contract looks like. 

Ignoring contract length, I think he signs a contract with a 2024 AAV between $9mm-$10mm.

What do you got?

The Jets are only signing OL if they are the highest bidder.

My prediction is he'll land a 1 year 5- 8 mill kind of deal. He's got some upside but the jets have seen enough and know the guys work ethic isn't where it needs to be to be successful in the NFL. He'll be put in another contract year where the situation will keep him motivated. From there, who knows. It wont shock me at all if he has a break out season next year. He seems like the kind of player that needs to be motivated to put in the work. Those kind of guys generally turn into bad signings once they secured the bag.  He may be able to trick a team into giving him a long term deal if he plays his cards right and can get a good season under his belt in the right situation. 

Absolutely incredible the number of our first round draft picks never signed a second deal with the team or were otherwise disaster signings:

2010: Kyle Wilson

2011:  Mo (take the money and run) Wilkerson

2012:  Quinton Coples

2013: Sheldon (gun toting dwi)  Richardson and Dee (7 surgeries) Milliner

2014: Calvin (bust) Pryor

2015: Leornard (best prospect in the draft) Williams

2016: Darron (small but slow) LeE

2017: Jamal (best player in draft just ask him) Adams

2018: Sam (trade three 2nd rounders hoping he would be here to bust) Darnold

2019: Quinnen (I know he only had  4 sacks but you don’t understand how impactful he really is) Williams

2020:  Mechi (I ain’t  I Tristen Wirfs) Bechton 

2021:  Alijah (my versatility will get me killed) Vera Tucker

2022:  Zach (it’s not my fault these idiots took mE second overall   I never said I was good) Wilson

What an epic road map of failure   I am actually  convinced somebody stepped into Douglas’ body in 2023, picked Sauce Garrett, Jermaine, and Breeze and left just as quickly as he arrived.   It’s the only possible explanation.    

• Ugh 1