Just Hypothetical (I want him to be a Jet forever)

See disclaimer. See it again.

I was wondering though what would Sauce's trade value be?

We got a 1st (13th) and a 4th for Revis, with only a year remaining on his contract and coming off an ACL.

Gardner is arguably the best corner in football and a team trading for him would control him for 4 more years (2 years, option year, franchise tag)

He is perfectly healthy and not even in his prime yet.

I would think Sauce is probably worth as much as 2 firsts and at least one additional pick maybe even 3 #1s.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

We got a 1st (13th) and a 4th for Revis, with only a year remaining on his contract and coming off an ACL.

Gardner is arguably the best corner in football and a team trading for him would control him for 4 more years (2 years, option year, franchise tag)

I would think Sauce is probably worth as much as 2 firsts and at least one additional pick maybe even 3 #1s.

No one would trade 3 1st round picks. 
maybe 2. But Most likely just a 1st and a 2nd. 

but you could be able to trade him for a Justin Jefferson or tee Higgins. (But then you have to hand those guys massive contracts. Which we can’t afford)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Maybe if you're dealing with the Seahawks.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Sauce is an elite player (elite elite - as in 1st team all-pro elite) at a premium position who isn't really even in his athletic prime yet. 

I wouldn't trade Sauce for anything short of another elite player at a premium position (Currently, it would have to be WR or OT)

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Oddly I'd say close to what we got for Prez Mal.

AA simon laugh.gif

30 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

No one would trade 3 1st round picks. 
maybe 2. But Most likely just a 1st and a 2nd. 

but you could be able to trade him for a Justin Jefferson or tee Higgins. (But then you have to hand those guys massive contracts. Which we can’t afford)

Jalen Ramsey went for 2 first rounders and a 4th.  

Sauce would go for a lot due to 3 years of contract control.   I would NOT trade for Jefferson, he has already turned down a 30 million a year offer from the Vikings,

• Upvote 1

I think the starting point is what the Rams offered Carolina for Brian Burns. I believe Sauce is more valuable than Burns due to 1) Being a better player at an equally valuable position 2) Sauce has three years remaining on his rookie deal (with the 5th year option) whereas Burns trade offer was at the trade deadline for 2022 so you'd only be getting half of a rookie deal contract + fifth year option. 

That offer was apparently two firsts and a second. 

Don't see any reason why Sauce wouldn't get that plus something else. 

Won't happen though. 

3 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I think the starting point is what the Rams offered Carolina for Brian Burns. I believe Sauce is more valuable than Burns due to 1) Being a better player at an equally valuable position 2) Sauce has three years remaining on his rookie deal (with the 5th year option) whereas Burns trade offer was at the trade deadline for 2022 so you'd only be getting half of a rookie deal contract + fifth year option. 

That offer was apparently two firsts and a second. 

Don't see any reason why Sauce wouldn't get that plus something else. 

Won't happen though. 

And it shouldn't.

Two 1sts minimum, and probably a young CB with upside(like a Bryce Hall type piece).  Guy has 2 years left playing at peanuts, and a third year of team control.  All-Pro CB for the next 3 years minimum, but if you're trading for Sauce you obviously have the intention to pay him, so essentially you're adding an All-Pro for the next 7 years.

There's a premium on elite CBs.  You see them go early in the draft every year.  A CB who isn't just "elite" but arguably the best in the game, who is only 23, and still on his rookie contract?  Yeah you best believe that's two 1st's minimum....and that's if he demanded a trade and things got ugly(look what Jamal got ffs).  If a team called us out of the blue right now asking for his value, it would start at three 1sts and probably a solid young roster player.  Otherwise, kindly f'cough.  

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

The guy who picked Sauce 🤔

Lol ! Ya, such a ballsy pick :) Sauce was major hyped. Consensus was he was going Top 5 by all draft predictions. But I’m sure JD didn’t hear anything of that, made the pick all on his own analysis lol..

Wow. Your use of a boarder collie avatar is an insult to the 25MM and 34/45 US Presidents that I share Scottish heritage with.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I understand the idea of cashing in a strength to fix a weakness but he’s on a HOF trajectory so trading him now would be like not good 

im hoping the Jets resign him 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Surtain has allegedly been floated as a trade candidate and that price is rumored to be two ones. If Rodgers bails, the Jets should absolutely consider calling Detroit to see what they’d cough up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Surtain has allegedly been floated as a trade candidate and that price is rumored to be two ones. If Rodgers bails, the Jets should absolutely consider calling Detroit to see what they’d cough up.

Sell off all assets. Total destruction. Hoard draft picks and start over. 

• Upvote 1

You don't trade guys like Sauce, especially at his age.  You build your team around them.
Depends... Throw in a stud QB on a rookie deal ( like cousins 2nd year as he sat behind RG3) , or 3 1s. .. you at least listen.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk