Corey Davis

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Insane to just cut him and let him sign elsewhere. Absolutely insane.

He sucks so I don't really care but I think this is Saleh once again showing that he is the players' friend, not the players' coach.

I mean he is on record saying one of his main goals is to help his players get second/third contracts.  He never specified from whom.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

They promised him all sorts of things when he was first signed.

They dumped him down the depth chart when they pandered to the QB by signing lazard.

Rather than take a pay cut he nicely retired for the team.

He wants to play now and the Jets feel they have to not screw him over and thus release him.

He goes to another team and away from the clown circus known as the jets offense.

• More Ugh 2

47 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He sucks so I don't really care but I think this is Saleh once again showing that he is the players' friend, not the players' coach.

I mean he is on record saying one of his main goals is to help his players get second/third contracts.  He never specified from whom.

Maybe it’s just favoritism, right? Because he wants to trade Lazard, but free Corey Davis… 🤔 

There’s a difference from what you’re claiming and smart business relativity.

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is probably respected and asked for his release so he could play football again elsewhere. I am assuming anyway details seem unclear at this point.

While they don't owe him anything, why would you hold a player hostage that didn't want to be there? Reputation in league circles does matter with players.

Agreed, it’s not like Davis hasn’t sacrificed in this situation. He lost out on $10M last year, along with any personal issues he had going on.

17 hours ago, oatmeal said:
I don’t hate Aaron I dont know him to hate him.
I dislike his arrogance and lack of commitment to winning like Brady but he cries when he isn’t mentioned with Brady. 

Hell
I I EVEN AGREE WITH HIM ON SOME OF HIS OFF THE FEILD TAKES BUT THIS IS ABOUT FOOTBALL AND IM A JETS FAN, HES HURT US MORE THAN HES HELPED US TO THIS POINT!
This isn’t hatred , this is me calling a spade a spade period.

Nah man...AR has done zero to hurt us, he got hurt like any other player can. The asinine personnel moves were the gm and coaches fault.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Sympathy 1

Dog face Russini and trying to make a name for himself Rossnblatt are teaming up to be the new Manish Mehta.  Making shyt up, exaggerating stories and making sure sky is falling stories get released monthly.  Couple hacks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

You guys all seem to be missing the point.  He wants to come back.  That means his contract which was around $11 million per year would reactivate as of the lost year never happened.  If this were Terrell Owens the Jets would have welcomed him back.  If this were Cory Davis the Jets would or should say thanks for letting us out of that sh*tty contract you suck.  That’s what they did. 

• Upvote 2

As a follow up to my last point since I’m getting trashed on a flight right now the Jets have asked Cory David if he can convince Allen Lazard to implement the Cory Davis plan.  Heard they offered 20% of Lazards salary if he could convince him to retire. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Agreed, it’s not like Davis hasn’t sacrificed in this situation. He lost out on $10M last year, along with any personal issues he had going on.

Lazard or no Lazard, he was never gonna get that full 10M.

I don’t think any of it was guaranteed.

The Jets might have kept him on a reduced deal but no way they’d pay the full freight.

It would have been nice if the Jets could have worked out a deal with Davis for his return.   Instead the team that thought about cutting Davis last year because we had too many WRs cuts him so he can play with another team.  

It's disappointing that (I'm guessing) he requested we cut him (and we granted the request) but I wish the guy well.  
He was a solid team guy ... Can't blame him for jumping out of the bog of stench.

Wish him the best ... I think the relationship just soured due to the frustration because of the ineptitude around him. He was probably just weighing the risk reward of playing for this team and decided it was time to retire or move on.

Would have been a solid WR 2.5-3

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Seems pretty coincidental that Lazard is reported on the trading block the same day Davis decides to be reinstated.  I don’t know what this will ultimately mean for the jets.  I suppose that one thought is that he’s going to replace Lazard.  In any case the jets hold his rights and he can possibly be traded.

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Lazard or no Lazard, he was never gonna get that full 10M.

I don’t think any of it was guaranteed.

The Jets might have kept him on a reduced deal but no way they’d pay the full freight.

There is no validity to your statement.

16 hours ago, bicketybam said:

He's under contract. He's said nothing of retirement. He's actually stated he wants to play 3-4 more years. 

He’s not under contract.  He didn’t get paid for last season and he was paid for his seasons of play.  We may have the right to sign him if we can reach a deal.  The contract was fulfilled by both sides.  

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He’s not under contract.  He didn’t get paid for last season and he was paid for his seasons of play.  We may have the right to sign him if we can reach a deal.  The contract was fulfilled by both sides.  

If a player retires with time left on their contract and then decides to return to the league later, they don’t become a free agent. Contracts usually count based on a player’s seasons, not just the calendar years. So if the player doesn’t play, they don’t add a season to their contract. This means they would still be under the same team’s control if they decide to return unless that team chooses to cut them.

He is now a free agent because the Jets decided to relinquish their rights to him. If they hadn't he very much would have been under contract.

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If a player retires with time left on their contract and then decides to return to the league later, they don’t become a free agent. Contracts usually count based on a player’s seasons, not just the calendar years. So if the player doesn’t play, they don’t add a season to their contract. This means they would still be under the same team’s control if they decide to return unless that team chooses to cut them.

He is now a free agent because the Jets decided to relinquish their rights to him. If they hadn't he very much would have been under contract.

Team control is not the same thing as under contract to play.  The Jets and Davis would have to reach an agreement on a new contract for him to play.  He’s salary last year was not part of his guaranteed bonus.  He wasn’t paid and didn’t play.

1 hour ago, NYJCAP2 said:

There is no validity to your statement.

I don’t know where you’re getting your info from, but his 9M 2023 salary wasn’t guaranteed.

Basically, all the guarantees were paid out in years 1 and 2 of his 3y deal as routinely happens with NFL contracts.

The Jets were planning to cut him.

They let him “walk away from the game” to save face and make it seem like he was leaving on his own terms.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Team control is not the same thing as under contract to play.  The Jets and Davis would have to reach an agreement on a new contract for him to play.  He’s salary last year was not part of his guaranteed bonus.  He wasn’t paid and didn’t play.

If the Jets didn't relinquish the rights to him yesterday, what were Corey Davis's options if he wanted to play football? I believe he would have been obligated to play for the Jets under his old contract. Just because there was no guaranteed money doesn't mean anything other than the Jets could then cut him/release him and not owe him a thing. Asking @Sperm Edwards for clarification.

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t know where you’re getting your info from, but his 9M 2023 salary wasn’t guaranteed.

Basically, all the guarantees were paid out in years 1 and 2 of his 3y deal as routinely happens with NFL contracts.

The Jets were planning to cut him.

They let him “walk away from the game” to save face and make it seem like he was leaving on his own terms.

It was $10M, and you seem to be making things up as to why he didn’t play.

If you think you’re right, prove it with a source.