Corey Davis

I predict that a book will be written about the JD/Saleh era and only then will we learn what really happened with Davis.  Why do my instincts scream: "definitely the Jets' fault!"?  

• Upvote 3

Lazard was signed to be the #2 wr, Davis was told he was not a #3 guy as he is not a slot and was told he was going to have to take a big pay cut so he said screw this and retired.

I'm sticking to my conspiracy theory until we hear other wise.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

He can pound sand. There were reports that he was talking to his teammates all spring and summer about retiring and then waits until the last minute to retire 

bum 

This. He wasn't even that good when he was playing. Now you want to try and convince him to play again?

Stay retired.

Give me someone who has some fire to compete.

• Upvote 1

When you get what you want in your struggle for self And the world makes you king for a day Just go to a mirror and look at yourself And see what that man has to say For it isn't your father, mother or wife Whose judgment upon you must pass The fellow whos verdict counts most in your life Is the one staring back from the glass Some people may think you are straight-shootin' chum And call you a wonderful guy But if the man in the glass says you're only a bum If you can't look him straight in the eye He's the fellow to please, never mind all the rest For he's with you clear up to the end And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test If the man in the glass is your friend You may fool the whole world down the pathway of life And get pats on the back as you pass But your final reward will be heartaches and tears If you've cheated the man in the glass -- Bill Parcells to his team when departing on January 3, 1999 Originally called, 'Guy in the Glass' by Dale Wimbrow

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Lazard was signed to be the #2 wr, Davis was told he was not a #3 guy as he is not a slot and was told he was going to have to take a big pay cut so he said screw this and retired.

I'm sticking to my conspiracy theory until we hear other wise.

Someone in that position doesn’t retire, they say “go ahead and cut me then,” so they can find work elsewhere. He was done. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Someone in that position doesn’t retire, they say “go ahead and cut me then,” so they can find work elsewhere. He was done. 

Davis is a different dude.  You cannot lump all people into one box.   One of these days. months, years the truth will come out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

hopefully the Jets can do better than lured out of retirement Corey Davis as a WR upgrade.

Exactly 

It would be really cool to add him to the mix, but he’s a supplemental piece. He’s not WR2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I predict that a book will be written about the JD/Saleh era and only then will we learn what really happened with Davis.  Why do my instincts scream: "definitely the Jets' fault!"?  

Doubt it.  JD gave him a huge contract, and Saleh runs a really soft camp.

Florham Park is a relatively easy place to coast for an NFL player.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

So he didn't really need to get away from football. 

Just the jets.

He could see ARod's achilles hanging on by a thread and said, "I'm gonna dip into my savings for a year and avoid this sh*tshow"

4 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Doubt it.  JD gave him a huge contract, and Saleh runs a really soft camp.

Florham Park is a relatively easy place to coast for an NFL player.

Robert Saleh -

"At the bottom, are your Survivors. A Survivor is someone who does just enough to get by. He coasts through his day and does not maximize his mental capabilities. This group loves taking the easy way out. They love it, and they are so miserable that they will do everything they can to bring you along with them. The sad part is, every organization has at least one, and I promise you, you can't hide."