“Zach Wilson will not be released and will be back with the Jets if not traded”- Woody Johnson

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I think the plan is to keep Zach and when a contending team has a QB injury after the season starts the Jets will trade TYROD TAYLOR and NOT Zach Wilson. Wilson will be elevated to QB2 and if Rodgers doesn't get hurt they will claim Aaron is too distracted to play football (biography, VP run) and Zach will be inserted as the starter. This is the master plan that even Matt missed. I can see it clear as day now. 

Great grand terrific

• Upvote 1

A pretty desperate - and transparent - attempt to rebuild whatever little trade value Zach Wilson ever had.

He will not be on the roster when the season starts - I'd personally bet all of you guys' mortgages on that.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I honestly don’t think how anyone could walk away from these latest comments and not believe Zach’s family has influence here. I have never seen anything like this. 

I think there’s that, but I’d also guess that Woody can’t reconcile why Darnold would net a 2 and a 5 and Zach can’t get anything at all. Douglas’ face-saving maneuver was to blame it on Hogan on the way out the door, but what does Woody get after three disaster seasons? Another bill for $5.5 mil? 

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

A pretty desperate - and transparent - attempt to rebuild whatever little trade value Zach Wilson ever had.

He will not be on the roster when the season starts - I'd personally bet all of you guys' mortgages on that.

can i take you up on that offer?

i mean i want nothing to do with zach on the jets roster, but i can live with that if you are paying off my mortgage...  😁

• Haha 2

See, when Woody made that comment about not having a BU QB, I don't think he was talking about ZW. From Woody's eyes, the plan was to SIT Zack for the 2023 season. But when AR went down, we didn't have a BU QB ready to go, so we had to dust Zack off and send him back out there, which was never the plan. At least not in Woody's mind.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Best case interpretation of these quotes is that the “offers” they were allegedly getting involved eating all of Zach’s salary (as Florio suggested this morning) in return for something along of the lines of a 2025 7th. Woody, here, thinks Douglas can do better. If there’s any interest in Zach—no matter how meager—Woody believe the acquiring team should take on the $5.5 mil. A normal franchise would try to be professional and let the kid go to a new team ASAP so the Jets can wash their hands of it, but it appears as though Woody has a special animus for the kid and his family, and wants at least some return on his pitiably investment. Conclusion: it’s pretty clear why Jets management seems entirely inoperable from the inside, because you have this old, sad, attention-seeking no-account in a position to weigh in with the power of his granddad’s purse. Imagine being Joe Douglas trying to operate this team and you have this ******* loser billionaire with nothing else to do just waiting for opportunities to make himself part of the process. What a fiasco.

Meh, Douglas was still a useless pile of turds when he had full reign over this team with Simple Chris sitting in the corner counting his toes and Woody nowhere in sight.

The amount of mental gymnastics needed to suggest it's not JD's fault that he's consistently incompetent tells the story. JD is the same guy who kept Mims around for 2 years of not playing because of some supposed value before trading him for a conditional 7th that was never even met. It's just more of the same from him.

Doesn't make Woody any good at anything mind you, but them both being useless is in absolutely no way mutually exclusive. It's rather been proven to be extremely likely.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Between this and the rumors in the other thread, just seems a lot like a desperate PR campaign to elicit trade offers before the draft. It's real nuts that Woody or anybody else in the front office believes other teams can be duped into this nonsense. It's on brand for this team but still nuts.

Or JetBlue strikes again.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Great grand terrific

I have to say I didn't see it coming. Whoever crafted this plan is a mad genius. It started with Woody's initial comments which were designed to kill any trade value Zach had. Then I think they got Rodgers involved....told him to become more of a distraction. Maybe it was Woodrow himself that floated the VP idea to him? The only thing I'm unsure of is if maybe the plan is to have Rodgers retire, elevate Tyrod and if an injury doesn't happen by week 5 they can claim Taylor was ineffective and elevate Wilson to QB1. Woody and the Wilsons were truly thinking outside the box on this one. Fooled us all, but not any more! I see through them all and their schemes! How deep does the conspiracy go?!

1000_F_591431097_2LQnQeK72fb9qiFUoxL0AyOaUEbP1Ei4.jpg

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Between this and the rumors in the other thread, just seems a lot like a desperate PR campaign to elicit trade offers before the draft. It's real nuts that Woody or anybody else in the front office believes other teams can be duped into this nonsense. It's on brand for this team but still nuts.

Or JetBlue strikes again.

I just think Woody wants the kid here. Zach realizes he has it good with the Jets too. Anyone see him working out this offseason? He at the facility? 

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Meh, Douglas was still a useless pile of turds when he had full reign over this team with Simple Chris sitting in the corner counting his toes and Woody nowhere in sight.

The amount of mental gymnastics needed to suggest it's not JD's fault that he's consistently incompetent tells the story. JD is the same guy who kept Mims around for 2 years of not playing because of some supposed value before trading him for a conditional 7th that was never even met. It's just more of the same from him.

Doesn't make Woody any good at anything mind you, but them both being useless is in absolutely no way mutually exclusive. It's rather been proven to be extremely likely.

Did not mean to exonerate Douglas, but the entire thirty year reign of error swallowing up the careers of the people who took the jobs and the barriers it out up in trying to find the next guys to take these jobs is all Woody. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Zach will come down as the best 3rd stringer ever drafted on the top 10 of the NFL. 

Don't laugh.   If you have to eat most of the gtee money and are only offered the equivalent of a deferred Day 3 pick (very low value), you are basically evaluating Zach vs. guys replacing him like Tim Boyle and Streveler.  On that basis, unless he lifts his leg like Elijah Moore or pulls a Isaiah Crowell and starts endorsing Dude Wipes, he's likely back as QB3...

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I just think Woody wants the kid here. Zach realizes he has it good with the Jets too. Anyone see him working out this offseason? He at the facility? 

The plan was crafted and is in place. There is no "I think Woody wants the kid here." Woody, the Wilson's and the rest of the JetBlue/Mormon syndicate have set the wheels in motion. Only a Jack Ryan type can undo what has already been done. The depth of this goes beyond what we may never know.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Called this in another thread and got laughed at

It's not happening. This is just Woody attempting damage control to rebuild some trade value. Zach will be gone before opening day.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

See, when Woody made that comment about not having a BU QB, I don't think he was talking about ZW. From Woody's eyes, the plan was to SIT Zack for the 2023 season. But when AR went down, we didn't have a BU QB ready to go, so we had to dust Zack off and send him back out there, which was never the plan. At least not in Woody's mind.

Oh I think we all got that, but it was asinine to say anything left to interpretation. Never mind it blatantly indicates even the owner, who's seen this team fail at QB over & over, doesn't think he was fit to be a backup QB (which is also a quasi-indication the coaches & perhaps some of the players think the same thing). 

He should work on keeping his mouth closed & limiting his tweets to uniform redesigns (if even that). 

• Upvote 2

I mean, If you think about, the jets wanted Zach to take a year off and learn from Rodgers with no pressure to play. That never happened. The team has no developmental qb on the roster…if they release him, the jets are on the hook for the money anyways. They have tyrod as the true back up. Cutting him doesn’t save the team money. 

In theory, they could stash him on the practice squad, right? And if a team try’s to claim him, they’d have to pick up his contract? I think this has more to do with the money owed than the compensation….

• Upvote 1

If my grandparents were around and saw Woody speak, they would refer to him as being "slow". 

You never hear that anymore, but that really is the most accurate description.

• Upvote 1

For me, having Wilson on the roster as a #3 or inactive practice squad guy is not a problem.  The only one that would really suffer is Wilson.  He needs the change of landscape much more than any of the fans.  From where I am sitting, this looks like a poorly thought out move to get more for Zach than a set of steak knives.  I'm sure they can get a #7 for him, but who would pick up the money ??? I bet that's the hold-up. 

36 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Exactly my thoughts. This coupled with the report that the Jets have turned down multiple offers for Zach? C’mon, it’s about as transparent as it could possibly get. No sense in waiting around for us to cut him, because we’re not gonna do that <wink-wink><nudge-nudge> also you better get your offers up because the ones we haven’t gotten yet suck! 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I honestly don’t think how anyone could walk away from these latest comments and not believe Zach’s family has influence here. I have never seen anything like this. 

I can’t honestly figure how anyone could come to this conclusion.  You think a players family could talk an owner into keeping a terrible player just because it fits your narrative?  The one that you’ve turned every thread into.   

You know why you’ve never seen anything like this before?  Because it would never happen.   

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can’t honestly figure how anyone could come to this conclusion.  You think a players family could talk an owner into keeping a terrible player just because it fits your narrative?  The one that you’ve turned every thread into.   

You know why you’ve never seen anything like this before?  Because it would never happen.   

It’s happening as we speak. The owner just said he’s coming back. 

19 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I mean, If you think about, the jets wanted Zach to take a year off and learn from Rodgers with no pressure to play. That never happened. The team has no developmental qb on the roster…if they release him, the jets are on the hook for the money anyways. They have tyrod as the true back up. Cutting him doesn’t save the team money. 

In theory, they could stash him on the practice squad, right? And if a team try’s to claim him, they’d have to pick up his contract? I think this has more to do with the money owed than the compensation….

From what I've been told the practice squad is not an option.

The wheels have been set in motion. Wilson 3.0 coming this fall.