Report: Bill Belichick is writing a book

One of the best sports book I read was the Halberstam book about Belli. And in his semi retirement he's been lecturing teams like the Nebraska Cornhuskers whose HC Matt Rhule also a former NFL HC basically recently said that BB has forgotten more football than he knows. Bill also recently showed up at a U of Washington practice wearing Huskies gear his son was recently named their DC and their HC Jedd Fisch is a former NEP coach. So any book he writes about football will have a big audience esp other coaches. When he was Jets DC players on Jets said they were at a big advantage over other teams because of him. I'll definitely read it but if I buy it don't need his autograph. I mean f him I don't have to like him and I don't but he's an interesting guy and a great coach/football mind. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

hah how funny would it be if he titled it "I resign as HC of the NYJ"

the final **** you to the jets......if i were him i would seriously consider this title

LMAO! That would be absolutely amazing!  He should do that.

EDIT: If he goes with a different title, at least he should put a pic of the cocktail napkin with that writing on the cover.  But I genuinely love the idea of "I resign as HC of the NYJ" as the title.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I guess he's not coaching anywhere this year so he's got an opportunity to write a book.  I hope part of it explains why he hates the Jets with such a passion.  I assume it was Woody and, tbh, if that's the case, I couldn't possibly blame him for it. 

I hope he jumps into the broadcasting world too, actually.  I've always thought he'd be amazing at it with all of his knowledge/stories.  He's been coaching since at least the 1980's.  He'd probably be considered the foremost authority on the sport.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-bill-belichick-is-writing-a-book

We don’t know when or if former Patriots coach Bill Belichick will coach again. We don’t know whether or to what extent we’ll see him on TV this year.

Here’s one thing we do know. Belichick reportedly will be writing a book.

According to Andrew Marchand of TheAthletic.com, that’s the plan for the six-time Super Bowl winner. Per the report, Simon & Schuster’s Avid Reader Press is considered to be the frontrunner for the project. (A spokesperson for the imprint declined comment to Marchand.)

It would be interesting to get Belichick’s side of the story about his 20-plus years in New England, especially in the aftermath of The Dynasty series. It will be far more interesting to see when the book comes out.

I know from my own experience with the publishing industry that publishing a book through a traditional publisher entails a timeline that can take months to complete. Everything has to be properly planned and scheduled and promoted and whatever. If Belichick’s book will come out before or during the 2024 season, they’ll need to get cracking.

If it’s coming out in 2025, and if he plans on coaching in 2025, that could be awkward — depending on the content of the book.

Much of it depends on what he’ll be covering in the book, and how far it will go. The most compelling stories he could tell would in turn make for the most interesting book — and an even more interesting book tour, especially if he spits coffee on Kathie Lee.

I'm going to pre-order right now because i'm running low on fire starters and honestly I don't give a sh*t what the cheater thinks.  Who cares why he hates the Jets so much - It was 24 years ago.  If anyone thinks for one second that Belichick would been the savior while coaching the Jets - THEY ARE ON CRACK.  Belichick is a control freak and ownership wasn't going to give him complete control - End of story.  He's the guy that is ok with swinging but tells the guy that's banging his wife that he can't do certain things or the deals off......

I can just hear it now (like his press conferences) "Yea, that's not OK, were not doing that)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Worse than 18*-1

No way.

That is the moment lost to history.

I think the book will contain a chapter or two of damage control.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

He is going to try to get ahead of the tell all books from the past staffers about all the dirty stuff he did to cheat.

“Coal in my stocking wasn’t meant for me”

-B. Bellicheating

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

the final **** you to the jets......if i were him i would seriously consider this title

That would actually make it an interesting read and not the complete cure for insomnia it is going inevitably be packed with 20 years ESPN talking memo points regurgitated 

• Upvote 1

A direct rebuttal to the tv series that just ran and made him the fall guy for Kraft no doubt 

He will include lots of dirty laundry about the Jets so it should be fun around here the day it comes out lol 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

A direct rebuttal to the tv series that just ran and made him the fall guy for Kraft no doubt 

He will include lots of dirty laundry about the Jets so it should be fun around here the day it comes out lol 

Indeed.  I will read his book for sure.  Provided I can steal it ala Abbie Hoffman.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

That would actually make it an interesting read and not the complete cure for insomnia it is going inevitably be packed with 20 years ESPN talking memo points regurgitated 

I mean the resignation was the beginning of his reign as best HC in the league for 20 ******* years. It's a great title....lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Or after taking Saleh's job in January...

I re-sign as HC of the NYJ

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

I think he wants to.  At least to address some of it.  I am not sure he will.

I think the general opinion on the series is it is a puff piece for Kraft.  If he was portrayed worse, maybe he would go nuclear.  I seen a lot of the first part of dynasty complaining about "what about us" not getting sufficient coverage..  

• Upvote 1