Your No-Bullsh*t Season Prediction Thread: Four questions

9 & 8.  A top 5 roster, good QB play when healthy, potential for a great running game.

Bottom 5 coaching staff, an old QB who’s going to get hit in real games, The rest of the league has a top 5 roster.

Hottest none Jets take for the NFL.  Travis Kelley and Beyoncé become an item by game 8.

• Haha 3

This is FINALLY the season everything breaks right for the JETS. Defense continues to dominate and the offense comes up to speed as well. The rest of the division takes a MAJOR step backs. 

Jets record: 14-3

Super Bowl LIX: Jets 34 Eagles 21

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. 10-7. I think we ultimately find out that the coaching staff kinda stinks but we didn’t notice because Zach Wilson vacuumed up all the blame.

2. Reasons for hope?

—Rodgers is obviously the best QB to ever wear the uniform, and he should be able to keep his sh*t together for a four and a half month sprint to a chip. As skeptical as I am of Rodgers, he does seem to be legitimately committed to helping this team win right now, and the people around him seem to love him. 

—Douglas and Saleh have been building a run-first/play defense steamroller of a team that somewhat de-emphasizes the importance of the QB, meaning that even if Rodgers is compromised, Tyrod can keep the ship afloat. They consciously brought in offensive coaches from the Derrick Henry Titans staff, and supplemented it by drafting two beefy backs and signing/trading for Morgan Moses and John Simpson, who are beasts in the run game. Rodgers playing that Ryan Tannehill facilitator role should obviously be great, and Rodgers has shown a willingness to defer to the ground game throughout his career.

—Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson are in that sweet spot as underpaid young players who also happen to be elite at their positions as they enter their second contract windows. 

3. Reasons it’ll go to hell?

—Rodgers, Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, AVT, playing on the MetLife turf. Injuries are obviously a concern for every team in football, but the Jets open the season with three games in ten days, fielding an offense built around the talents of vets at critical positions who haven’t been healthy recently. 

—Hackett is very, very bad at his job and he’s too deferential to Rodgers. The job of the OC isn’t just to call the plays as they come, it’s to understand and predict larger trends in how defenses are going to respond to things that you’re doing as the offense develops throughout the season. The problem when you’re reliant on the QB to *be* the offense and the OC is that the QB is invested only in getting the next play off and has no time or incentive to have adjustments ready for the next series or the next game. Eventually, Hackett is going to have to assert control over Rodgers and the offense and there’s no evidence that Hackett is capable of doing so. 

—The 2024 Jets are trying to thread a needle in a compressed time frame and playing YOLO/Dream Team football has never worked in the NFL. Douglas bought a QB and bought an OL and he’s hoping that’ll be enough to get this team competitive this year for a balls-out Cannonball Run to a title and it just doesn’t work that way. Teams that win do it by establishing continuity, with elite coaching, and by taking advantage of windows wherein successful draft picks form the core of your roster while veteran free agents supplement that core. The 2024 Jets are the inverse. 

4. Hot takes:

—The Dolphins and the Cowboys implode and both owners go to war trying to hire Belichick. Belichick strings them along but ends up taking the Giants job.

—Brady is playing for the Raiders before November 1st comes around. 

—Bo Nix takes the Broncos to the playoffs.

Josh Allen throws 50 TDs this year. 

—Baker Mayfield finishes top three in the MVP voting after Josh Allen and Saquon Barkley. 

—Will McDonald: 18 sacks

—Rams vs Browns in the Super Bowl

—Mike Vrabel is the Raiders HC in 2025

—Jets end up with six Pro Bowlers, Douglas gets fired anyway because Woody promises Mike McCarthy full roster control. 

Not sure if 50, but he could win mvp. However, I think the team around him got a lot worse which is why I said division got weaker.  But Allen had the best game in a loss i've seen from a qb in the playoffs last year in a long time. He's a special talent. Looking up on a mvp winner who's team didn't win division, think last one was Peterson in 2012. Think Allen could be next.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. Predict the Jets record (without qualifiers): 

2. Three Reasons For Hope:

3. Three Reasons It’ll Go To sh*t:

4. What’s your hottest non-Jets take for this season in the NFL?

1.  12-5

2.  Healthy AR, GW with a real QB and the D

3.  OL health, play calling from our <0 OC and continued failing to stop the run

4.  Enjoying the meltdown of not only the Bills but Miami too.

• Upvote 2

12-5

weaponz

AR

DLine

Oline injuries

QB injury

Bob

saquan leads the charge as the eagles go to the superbowl

• Upvote 2

1. 11-6

2. Rodgers is an all time great QB who by all accounts looks great. We have really good talent across the board at key positions. The defense should be elite. The division looks to be down and our schedule overall looks pretty soft.

3. We don't have a ton of depth and just like last year could easily be undone by a few key injuries. Nate Hackett is a joke and if Rodgers isn't absolutely dealing I have zero faith in the offensive coaching staff to come up with any answers.

4. Packers win the NFC North. 49ers fall apart and have a disappointing season. Falcons have a shockingly successful season. Texans massively underperform and miss the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

12-5

-We have arguably the best QB, RB, WR, and Defense in our team's history currently playing together.
-Jokes aside, I believe in Saleh's approach and he hasn't really suffered the same shortcomings our previous "defense only" head coaches had.  I do believe that we would've been a playoff team the last two years with average quarterbacking. 
-We're due.  

- Injuries are the great equalizer in this sport.  We've been hit harder than I can ever remember the past few years and it should probably be expected again.
- I don't trust Hackett to have the ability to scheme his way to wins.  It won't stop us from having a great season, but will ultimately cause us to fall short of winning it all.   
- It always does.

-Jim Harbaugh has at least three awkward and cringy post game handshakes creating life long enemies. 

• Upvote 1

1. 11-6

2. At minimum, qb play that won't lose games.  O line gets better as season progresses. Garret Wilson and Breece Hall become the best wr/rb combo in the game

3. Head coach too often overmatched. Injuries.  D line can't stop the run

4. Bears win division 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

9-8

-Aaron and Tyrod  are not Zach. 

-Our defense is nasty and if Hassan signs up it will be really nasty.

-Running backs and O line should carry  this team until Aaron gets his Groove  back like Stella 

- Injuries

- Coaching in close games  and later in the season. 

-Jets 

Hot takes? Raiders win it all! @Raideraholic

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1. 10-7. I think we ultimately find out that the coaching staff kinda stinks but we didn’t notice because Zach Wilson vacuumed up all the blame.

2. Reasons for hope?

—Rodgers is obviously the best QB to ever wear the uniform, and he should be able to keep his sh*t together for a four and a half month sprint to a chip. As skeptical as I am of Rodgers, he does seem to be legitimately committed to helping this team win right now, and the people around him seem to love him. 

—Douglas and Saleh have been building a run-first/play defense steamroller of a team that somewhat de-emphasizes the importance of the QB, meaning that even if Rodgers is compromised, Tyrod can keep the ship afloat. They consciously brought in offensive coaches from the Derrick Henry Titans staff, and supplemented it by drafting two beefy backs and signing/trading for Morgan Moses and John Simpson, who are beasts in the run game. Rodgers playing that Ryan Tannehill facilitator role should obviously be great, and Rodgers has shown a willingness to defer to the ground game throughout his career.

—Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson are in that sweet spot as underpaid young players who also happen to be elite at their positions as they enter their second contract windows. 

3. Reasons it’ll go to hell?

—Rodgers, Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, AVT, playing on the MetLife turf. Injuries are obviously a concern for every team in football, but the Jets open the season with three games in ten days, fielding an offense built around the talents of vets at critical positions who haven’t been healthy recently. 

—Hackett is very, very bad at his job and he’s too deferential to Rodgers. The job of the OC isn’t just to call the plays as they come, it’s to understand and predict larger trends in how defenses are going to respond to things that you’re doing as the offense develops throughout the season. The problem when you’re reliant on the QB to *be* the offense and the OC is that the QB is invested only in getting the next play off and has no time or incentive to have adjustments ready for the next series or the next game. Eventually, Hackett is going to have to assert control over Rodgers and the offense and there’s no evidence that Hackett is capable of doing so. 

—The 2024 Jets are trying to thread a needle in a compressed time frame and playing YOLO/Dream Team football has never worked in the NFL. Douglas bought a QB and bought an OL and he’s hoping that’ll be enough to get this team competitive this year for a balls-out Cannonball Run to a title and it just doesn’t work that way. Teams that win do it by establishing continuity, with elite coaching, and by taking advantage of windows wherein successful draft picks form the core of your roster while veteran free agents supplement that core. The 2024 Jets are the inverse. 

4. Hot takes:

—The Dolphins and the Cowboys implode and both owners go to war trying to hire Belichick. Belichick strings them along but ends up taking the Giants job.

—Josh Allen throws 50 TDs this year. 

—Baker Mayfield finishes top three in the MVP voting after Josh Allen and Saquon Barkley. 

—Rams vs Browns in the Super Bowl

—Mike Vrabel is the Raiders HC in 2025

—Jets end up with six Pro Bowlers, Douglas gets fired anyway because Woody promises Mike McCarthy full roster control. 

Very good post.  

I think we ultimately find out that the coaching staff kinda stinks but we didn’t notice because Zach Wilson vacuumed up all the blame.

Agreed

Rodgers has shown a willingness to defer to the ground game throughout his career.

Interesting point.  

Agreed.  And very well said! 

I think there will be teams who will be kicking themselves that they didn't hire BB in the first place.  Not sure about Miami but I think Dallas is a good call.  I could definitely see Jerry Jones panicking and firing McCarthy mid-season.

I think Brady wants this (and the Raiders look like they might have enough talent that a guy like TB12 could potentially really make them interesting) but I just can't see him quitting on the broadcast booth during the season.  

My premonition is that Bo Nix will be decent in year 1 but will end up getting hurt and ZW (assuming he makes the roster) will get snaps there.

Are you messing with us on this point?

I love this point in conjunction with your point about Dallas trying to hire BB.  They'll be desperately trying to replace McCarthy and Woody will hire him, thinking "he coaches to where football is going".  I think JD gets a long-term extension.  I think Saleh will too (though, if so, I hope it's a short extension).

1. 9-8

2. Hall/Allen + Wilson/Williams, Rebuilt O-line, Defense

3. Health (Rodgers), Health (O-Line), Health (Hall, Wilson, Williams, others).  And we're the Jets, after all.

4. Chiefs don't make playoffs (you asked for hot, not accurate, lol).

• Upvote 1

1) 11-6

2) top 3 scoring D, top 8 QB who is smart with the football, top 5 rb to take a huge load off of the QB

3) Aaron gets hurt, Breece gets hurt, Garrett gets hurt

4) Kyler Murray will be a top 10 fantasy player this season.

1. 12-5

2.  The offensive line overhaul will make a massive difference, Rodgers ego and concern about legacy motivate him to Brady-in-Tampa type season, and Breece/Garrett are both top 5 @ players @ their position.

3. A “bad” loss in San Fran could demoralize the squad. Rodgers gets political during an election year. We cannot afford for Garrett to get injured.

4. Jordan Love has an MVP caliber season. 

• Upvote 2

1. hmmm no idea

2. Killer B's - Jets will have a running game - AR making plays - GW makes it to 1000 yards

3. Losing to 49ers and they expose Jets weaknesses and create doubt in locker room - Def struggles with run and short game and cant get off the field - injuries - inmates start to rule the asylum during bad stretch

4. Denver makes playoffs

1. 11 wins

2. hopeful things:

- Aaron is driven by pettiness, the more petty he gets the better he performs.

- The locker room has veteran maturity unlike anything we’ve seen since the Mangini roster that Rex won with. 

- The defense will still keep us in most games and we have the horses to ground and pound if it comes to it.

3. doom and glooms:

- Hackett and Saleh are putzes

- Not enough skill players on offense to stay with the cream of AFC

- Jets curse

4. Sam Darnold finishes as a top 15 QB. Colts win their division. 

• Post of the Week 1

9-8

Hope- Rodgers is still Rodgers. Breece Hall has Marshall Faulk like ability. Quinnen Williams gets his sack totals back up

Doom spiral- coaching staff, Rodgers gets hurt early, defense struggles to force turnovers

Taeks- New Orleans is the 2 seed in the NFC. 

Dolphins win the AFC east

Corley doesn’t eclipse 100 total yards this year

commanders/redskins/WFT surprise and make the playoffs 

Russell Wilson has a good year for the Steelers and espn continues to pretend Justin Fields is a combination of Patrick Mahomes and Dan Marino

• Haha 1

1. 8-9

2. Rodgers stays healthy and plays like 2022. defense has 3rd consecutive top 5ish season. Hall is dominant. (Jets go 10-7)

3. Rodgers plays like he’s 41yo, OL guys miss a lot of time Defense is unable to have 3rd straight top 5ish season. 

4. Miami wins AFCE and Buffalo makes the playoffs. 

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Oh now that the season’s around the corner you wanna be all “Aaron is the goat”. 

go back to your anti-rodgers sandbox with the likes of @FidelioJet and @dbatesman and @Beerfish. @UntouchableCrew’s been keeping a list of all you undeservings and I swear to god if I even see so much as a smile on any of you during this season……..

Such a strange take.   It's what I always suspected with many of you. That you would rather be right than see the team win.

For me, I still believe Rodgers is simply too old to carry the team deep into the playoffs - but being wrong would be wonderful.  I will be rooting for Rodgers like I would any other Jet - I will be ecstatic is Rodgers has a great year.  So please don't tell me I can't smile if he plays well.

I come to this place to share my thoughts on the team and read other's opinions.  We all can't agree on the team's choices, which is what makes this place fun- but I am a fan first and foremost.

• Upvote 4

1. 12-5  11 would be a disappointment 

2. Hungry, young, motivated $, and ascending players on Offense. Breece, Garrett, leading the way, with exciting and talented players such as Allen, Gipson and Ruckert contributing. 

HOFer at QB.  I really believe he's going to have a great season. He may not throw it as much as we remember when he was GB, but I see a very efficient Rodgers, with a powerful running game at his disposal. 

Obviously, the Defense.  How great can they be if they have leads? Not only in the 4th Q, but throughout the game.  It could be the best Jets defense ever. The potential of that happening is real. 

3. Rodgers injury

Rodgers injury

Rodgers injury. 

4.  I won't mention the Jets since this is a Non-Jets Hot-take... but the SB will be a rematch between the Niners and their week 1 opponent.