Belichick takes swipe at Jets for treatment of Darnold

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold played a few good games in Carolina too.  

Maybe the tires don’t have a total blowout this time, but the tread will wear out soon enough…

Probably.  He may have a good season but still he should regress to be the qb he’s always been in his first 6 yrs in the nfl. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jets trade the three 2’s to go up for Darnold in the Darnold draft, they follow up picking him by taking Nathan Shepherd and Chris Herndon. Darnold’s skills guys his rookie year were Robbie Anderson, a busted up Quincy Enunwa, and Jermaine Kearse. His backs were Isiah Crowell and a broken down Bilal Powell. His center is Spencer Long. 

The next year, with the third pick, they take Quinnen Williams. Next pick, Jachai Polite. Next pick, Chuma Edoga. His center is Ryan Kalil. His big adds on offense were Jamison Crowder and Braxton Berrios 

Darnold absolutely got ****ed by the Jets

All True

And yet, he flamed out in Carolina with DJ Moore once McCaffrey got hurt in year 4. He was a flawed prospect who went to a really bad organization. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

...and the Panthers, and the 49ers...

How's your development of Mac Jones working out, Bill?

Also, we liked him alot.  We spent multiple draft picks to move up to get him, and gave him three full seasons to show us he was legit.

Bill hates the Jets, always has.  Not taking anything he says seriously on this one, even if there is, perhaps, a debate to be had of Darnold vs. Drafting Wilson, same as there was at the time.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what "like" has to do with it. Even by the time he was off the team, I don't think any fan or member of the organization truly disliked Sam.

I wasn't here on the board, I'm sure some folks hated him as a scapegoat.

The Jets have to own up to surrounding sam with poor talent and arguably poorer coaching. A better prospect likely wouldn't have succeeded. But it's not like he suffered the level of vitriol Zach Wilson did... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its all fun snd games for Darnold in September.  Lets see what he looks like in a big December game.

He will revert back to who he is when the pressure is on.

This.  Darnold is soft as Charmin’, no killer instinct…

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I hope Darnold kills it, because I would like to trade for JJ.

thats an interesting situation. if Darnold plays really well and they make the playoffs does Minnesota just let him go because they drafted that kid at 10? or do they trade him and keep Sam? 

Darnold is not the next great QB.  He is what he is (which is a bottom shelf NFL QB to be as generous as possible) and he will prove it as long as he's given chances to start games. He will be on his 5th team in 2025 when McCarthy is healthy.