What's it gonna take for JD to get fired in season?

• LAD_Brooklyn changed the title to What's it gonna take for JD to get fired in season?
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think that’s too much change 5 games in. He’s definitely gone after the season and him firing Saleh shows he’s desperate to place blame anywhere else but at his own feet. 

JD did not fire Saleh. Clown take. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Joe should have been fired with him.

This. If the Jets are going to move on, they should do it now so they can get a new staff in and acclimated before next spring while the college season is still in swing. 

That said none of it really matters. Woody would cock it up no matter how he handles it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Saleh is gone after a 2-3 start. Our guy who hired him and drafted Bust Wilson is still at the Throne. What will it take for him to get the axe?

Woody drafted Zach -- tough to fire a guy for doing what the owner demands.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Saleh is gone after a 2-3 start. Our guy who hired him and drafted Bust Wilson is still at the Throne. What will it take for him to get the axe?

Look at the roster he built. those two mistakes were at the very beginning. I don’t really hate anything he’s done more recently…experience will always make you better. 

with that being said, he makes it to the last game of the season. This is his ship, he either rights it or goes down with it.

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Much more than just Wilson. Because he couldn’t do it the conventional way of developing own qb, we had to take the Aaron Rodgers sideshow , and @40. Notice how there really wasn’t anyway else jumping for him. Same as the OL he couldn’t build conventionally. Had to go out and sign/ trade for 3 vets again no one really was fighting for. And that was his “ speciality. “  Throwing a new OL together on paper is easy part. He had darnold, and let him go for Zach ha. Seeing how good Darnold has become, and Aaron not working out too way, has to put JD on extreme hot seat. 

10 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

He's still on the throne because he put together an extremely talented roster, mixed with young and veteran talent, who has a legit chance to win it all. 

That's why he's not fired. 

JD doesn't coach. He's not the reason the team comes out unprepared and commits tons of penalties every week. 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Some jets fans are complete nuckle dragging simpletions 

• Upvote 1

During the season? Probably for him to bother dragging his fat ass out of hiding in his office to actually show the slightest degree of accountability? Hasn't happened for 6 years though, so wouldn't count on it.

He just needs to be handcuffed for the rest of the year and sent packing in January short of this team miraculously showing it has more than name recognition to it, and actually performs well for the very first time in his career.

I'd hang on to JD, personally.  Dude has improved as a GM over his time here.  If you're firing him, it's for mistakes he made 3+ years ago(hiring Saleh and drafting Zach).  Only recent knock I can think of was hiring Hackett, but that tied directly to the Rodgers trade which was a call directly from Woody.  The two went hand in hand.  Other than that, maybe Reddick?  You're still talking about a 3rd rounder 2 years down the line though.  

I'd give him another swing on a HC, but I can't get on anyone who would prefer a full house-cleaning.  If we do replace him though, whoever the new GM ends up being will have more to work with than any new Jets GM in my lifetime, which is a direct result of JD.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

If you're firing him, it's for mistakes he made 3+ years ago(hiring Saleh and drafting Zach)

• Like trading for Rodgers?
  • Like the Reddick mess?
  • Like the OL disaster he assembled this year?
  • Like letting JFM and Huff go without actually replacing them?

Joe Douglas made one great trade, that translated to one solid draft (which isn't looking all that great lately) otherwise he's mostly been a disaster.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:
  • Like the Reddick mess?

Joe Douglas made one great trade, that translated to one solid draft (which isn't looking all that great lately) otherwise he's mostly been a disaster.

The one this that is saving Joe Douglas, is the asshat gm giants hired. You know woody pays attention to what the giants do, and next to Shoen JD looks great. The rest of the league however wouldn’t touch either as a GM if they suddenly became available.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I'd hang on to JD, personally.  Dude has improved as a GM over his time here.  If you're firing him, it's for mistakes he made 3+ years ago(hiring Saleh and drafting Zach).  Only recent knock I can think of was hiring Hackett, but that tied directly to the Rodgers trade which was a call directly from Woody.  The two went hand in hand.  Other than that, maybe Reddick?  You're still talking about a 3rd rounder 2 years down the line though.  

I'd give him another swing on a HC, but I can't get on anyone who would prefer a full house-cleaning.  If we do replace him though, whoever the new GM ends up being will have more to work with than any new Jets GM in my lifetime, which is a direct result of JD.  

Those are pretty big knocks 

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  • Like the Reddick mess?

in the last 25 years - which Jet teams/rosters have been better than this one? i'd say this is in the top 10-15%.

McDonald has wiped the floor off Huff this year.  

Rodgers might have been a woody decision.  

OL  - he's screwed that up for many years.  washed up vets.  crappy draft picks.  

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

in the last 25 years - which Jet teams/rosters have been better than this one? i'd say this is in the top 10-15%.

McDonald has wiped the floor off Huff this year.  

Rodgers might have been a woody decision.  

OL  - he's screwed that up for many years.  washed up vets.  crappy draft picks.  

Joe Douglas has a record of 29 and 58 as the GM.    You are what your record says you are.

Right now this roster is not good as it does not win games.  Fans often over value their own players.  The Jets under Joe Douglas have never good.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

JD will be given and extension this off season and allowed to hire a new coach.

Woody thinks the gm has done a great job of building the team, that is why saleh is fired now

JD record is worst than Saleh, he’s gone soon enough 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

He's still on the throne because he put together an extremely talented roster, mixed with young and veteran talent, who has a legit chance to win it all. 

JD doesn't coach. He's not the reason the team comes out unprepared and commits tons of penalties every week. 

For some reason this message board doesnt understand what you posted.

Douglas is easily a bottom-5 GM. 

His biggest three moves:

• Drafting Zach Wilson

• Hiring Robert Saleh

• Trading for Aaron Rodgers 

Considering those and the team’s win/loss record, there is no justification for him to keep his job. Complete failure.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bgivs21 said:

You took the words out of my mouth.  I started a post before the season that JD deserves an extension, and if the Jets fail this season, it will be the fault of Robert Saleh, not Joe Douglas.

After this season, you watch and see that Joe Douglas will be getting an extension, if it doesn't happen before the end of the season.