Craig Carton breaks down exactly what happen with Saleh's firing

If all the stuff is true about Saleh being neutered by the owner and GM, if he’s the man of principle and integrity and the upstanding guy everybody seems to think he is, he could have resigned.

He could have walked away, should have walked away of his own volition.

These attempts to control the narrative after the fact aren’t a good look.

• Upvote 2

Attack this messenger I don’t care if he has pictures. Even if we kept salad for years while he was incompetence and 24 hours after getting political, he’s fired means nothing nothing nothing.
I truly am against the political statement, even if he wore the Israeli flag .

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Craig Carton?

Well, there's a reliable source!

I'm no fan of Carton but he's not the only one reporting this.  

I think, at this point, it's not even being disputed that Saleh was planning to take play calling duties from Hackett - and we know Saleh was fired hours after that decision was made.  We know those things to be true. 

Now what happened in-between those 5 or 6 hours we don't know but it does seem quite reasonable that Woody and Aaron talked and then the decision was made to fire Saleh.

Saleh was fired because he wasn't a good HC. Period. His premature celebration, his totally off base injury reporting.  His country club approach to training camps. And his ridiculous comment about this being a nothing part of the year. I'm Glas he's gone. How it went down, and the sequence of events that led to it. We could all speculate, it will get us nowhere. He's gone. We should be relieved by that.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Let me start by saying that I like Salah and seems like a good dude but heres my take...

Hackett is terrible but when players don't perform their jobs AKA screw up there's never any accountability.  I believed maybe behind closed doors they were called out but I lost that belief recently.  Watching Salah pat players on the back coming to the sideline after a bad turnover, I was done. 

Say what you want about the Patriots but their mantra was always "DO YOUR JOB".  I also watched Parcells take a 1 -15 team and go 9-7 the following season with mostly the same roster. His mantra was "DON'T BE THE ONE TO COST US THE GAME" and when a player did something dumb, they had to face him on the way back to the bench which they probably stayed. 

Yes these are grown men but like anything else, things at rest tend to stay at rest. I think, hope, pray that Ulbrich brings some discipline.  

As for Hackett, let him carry Rodgers jock strap if he can't get this offense moving this week. 

• Post of the Week 1

• Saleh was not resigning.  That would have cost him $10mm+ in forfeited salary. 
  • I have no doubt that Woody was part of the AR8 plan, which included Hackett.   Woody cannot blame JD or Saleh for Hackett.  Woody can blame Saleh for the penalties, lack of preparedness and effort by some players.  
  • I don't think anyone thinks it was unreasonable to lose faith in Saleh and his ability to lead the team and turn the situation around and make the playoffs.  Saleh was ineffective.  
  • In a normal business organization, Woody would have met with JD to discuss the situation and share his concerns.   JD would have been "convinced" of his boss' view and then, perhaps alongside Woody, fired Saleh.   Instead, JD hid under his desk and now Woody looks like he is hands-on running the team.    We have always suspected Woody was very hands on, but  I think that is now obviously confirmed.
  • This is obviously a bad look for everyone, including JD.  Maybe JD wants to present the appearance of Woody being really in charge of this mess so he can get another job and not be tarred with this.  
  • It seems like the Jets are always subject to a new low.  This is the latest.  I think this feels like the lowest it has been in a while.  I guess the hope is that the jolt of Ulbrich can turn it around a little bit, until the other teams adjust.  

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Craiggy knows what happened.  We all know what happened.  You can choose to turn a blind eye if youd like.  But deep down you know Rodgers orchestrated this.

Are you on your period, you whelp?

Saleh sucked. Nobody is sad to see him go. You’re carrying on like it’s a conspiracy and nobody 1.) gives a sh*t and 2.) listens to your stupid sh*t posting.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Craiggy knows what happened.  We all know what happened.  You can choose to turn a blind eye if youd like.  But deep down you know Rodgers orchestrated this.

Forget who did what, in your opinion was Saleh doing a good job with the roster that he had?

Can you point to a time where the Jets outschemed their opponents?

• Upvote 1