Jeff Ulbrich Press Conference 10/10

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is just gut feel but I don’t get the impression Rodgers is somehow in the background with Wpody pulling the strings. Woody certainly has off the record advisors in his ear- I don’t think a  guy on a two year contract is at the top of the list. 

im getting the same feeling.  going into the saleh/jd regime, i think woody was committed to let this one go the distance rather than pull the plug too soon.  he wanted long term stability.  he held to that despite the jets never seeming to get much better than a 50% win team.  i think he just got fed up and felt he was not going to be patient any longer with the current regime.  saleh was the guy running the show, she he got the first axe blow.  hackett was next on the list to be dealt with, but they kept him there with a title and no real job just so he could dick hold rodgers and keep the peace

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is encouraging.  Listen, there is no downside here as Hackett was that bad.  But I do question how much will actually change w/ Hackett still being here snd having the OC title.

I would feel much better if Hackett was fired today.

the man who killed don quixote GIF

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

he's just wondering how long will it take you to become disillusioned with the new HC. 

Let me be the first to say that I'm not rooting for Ulbrich to be our Head Coach going forward after this season.

If Saleh had been fired on Black Monday, there is no universe where I'd want or have advocated for the Jets to hire Ulbrich to replace him.  With the universe of other possible Head Coaches out there, Ulbrich isn't the guy I'd want.

As I often say, I want experienced, not a rookie Head Coach, not a Defensive-minded/sided Head Coach.  Ulbirch is all the things I don't want in the next NYJ Head Coach.

And in an open interview-to-hire, I doubt Ulbrich wins the job vs. other candidates in the future offseason.  

So while I'd like to see us win this year if we can, I'm not invested in Ulbrich as some long-term answer at Head Coach.  He's interim, that's all.  I want a full-throated, wide ranging search in the offseason for our next Head Coach, with a focus on finding an experienced, playoff-experienced, not a first-time Head Coach, and one with a pedigree of coaching top-tier offenses before. 

Nothing personal, just business.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Wait, how could Rodgers allow this?!

You mean this whole thing wasn’t a big conspiracy by Rodgers to get Saleh fired for trying to demote Hackett!?  And Rodgers doesn’t have total control of the organization?????

Shocked.  Truly, I am.

I know - Rodgers feels betrayed by Woody Johnson.

It is now being reported by the media that Rodgers has secretly gone to visit Goodell (with a Graucho Marx nose and glasses) to have him call an emergency owners meeting to expel Woody Johnson. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Let me be the first to say that I'm not rooting for Ulbrich to be our Head Coach going forward after this season.

If Saleh had been fired on Black Monday, there is no universe where I'd want or have advocated for the Jets to hire Ulbrich to replace him.  With the universe of other possible Head Coaches out there, Ulbrich isn't the guy I'd want.

As I often say, I want experienced, not a rookie Head Coach, not a Defensive-minded/sided Head Coach.  Ulbirch is all the things I don't want in the next NYJ Head Coach.

And in an open interview-to-hire, I doubt Ulbrich wins the job vs. other candidates in the future offseason.  

So while I'd like to see us win this year if we can, I'm not invested in Ulbrich as some long-term answer at Head Coach.  He's interim, that's all.  I want a full-throated, wide ranging search in the offseason for our next Head Coach, with a focus on finding an experienced, playoff-experienced, not a first-time Head Coach, and one with a pedigree of coaching top-tier offenses before. 

Ok.

No interim HC gets extended without a offseason coaching search / interview process.

And it’s extremely rare for an interim HC to retain the job no matter what.

Rich Bisaccia made the playoffs as an interim and the Raiders moved on from him.

You’re concerned about something that has maybe less than 1% chance of happening.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Wait, how could Rodgers allow this?!

You mean this whole thing wasn’t a big conspiracy by Rodgers to get Saleh fired for trying to demote Hackett!?  And Rodgers doesn’t have total control of the organization?????

Shocked.  Truly, I am.

Those in the know (mainly media) won't answer that one.

I really hope they say that nonsense for the clicks because to remotely believe that is not a great reflection of common sense.

For those that still believe he is calling the shots I suggest you gather up whatever money you can and bet Buffalo defense anytime td monday night because Rodgers will deliberately throw a pick 6 amongst other errant throws to drive the narrative that Nate should not have had calls taken away.

Easy money as they say.

40 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

So what you’re saying is Hackett got demoted and was butt hurt  by Saleh’s decision but then the demotion by Saleh became null and void after being fired. One assumes  Rodgers went to Johnson and got Saleh fired  so Hackett was relieved and restored to his play calling duties. He then had to go through the same disappointment and shock this time being demoted by Ulbrich. (How much can a man take!) I heard the national media is reporting that Rodgers was ripping mad with Johnson and ran to Johnson again but Johnson apparently said Ulbrich reassured him he would speak of Hackett in glowing terms plus not to worry because you Aaron Rodgers have the ultimate power to change the play calls at the line of scrimmage. 

I'm saying only what I've said. I'll leave it to others to say what they're saying. 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He is going to have a 12 game audition. Let’s see how it goes before we call for  new coach in the offseason . 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

I know - Rodgers feels betrayed by Woody Johnson.

It is now being reported by the media that Rodgers has secretly gone to visit Goodell (with a Graucho Marx nose and glasses) to have him call an emergency owners meeting to expel Woody Johnson. 

This would still be ok with me.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Monday can kill all the optimism but right now... I think Ulbrich is knocking it out of the park in the first impressions category. Let's see what MNF brings

Monday night will reinforce the optimism.

You heard it here first.

• Post of the Week 1

He is clearly a football guy through and through. The polar opposite of Saleh.

He preaches accountability and aggression. He speaks from the heart, appears humble, confident, and will do whatever it takes to win.  The players will look different with him as a head coach. 

• Upvote 1

If we lose on Monday night I think Woody should do something so bold people will still talk about it 50 years from now, securing his place in football history. 

Of course I'm hoping we don't lose to the Bills on Monday, but if we do Woody should demote Ulbrich and rehire Saleh.

Bold.

Bald and bold.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ok.

No interim HC gets extended without a offseason coaching search / interview process.

And it’s extremely rare for an interim HC to retain the job no matter what.

Rich Bisaccia made the playoffs as an interim and the Raiders moved on from him.

You’re concerned about something that has maybe less than 1% chance of happening.

Not 'concerned' about it at all really, just have an opinion on it.  

54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s see how it goes....

Why?

I know he isn't what I want, prefer or think is the most likely to win the modern Offense-driven NFL.

Is any of that going to change by seasons end?  IMO he can fill the spot till we get the chance to get the best, most experience, offensive-minded guy we possibly can. Waiting and seeing isn't going to change my opinion of a rookie D-Co as long-term answer.

• Upvote 1