1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

but lets play fantasy and say tanny gets it done for favre and 3 picks

he has 42 turnovers in 37 starts

he has a losing record as a starter

he has as many playoff wins as ainge

his TD/INT ratio has been getting worse as he goes

coming down the stretch, he couldn't muster up a win 3 straight weeks, when one win would have gotten them in

not one win in three tries

is that a savior you give up 3 picks for ?

NO

and a thin skinned primma donna in NY ?

a thin skinned guy in NY ?

:rl:

if this happens, I give it 4 weeks before jets fans start asking, "was the trade worth it ?"

Great point. Is he tough enough for the Big Apple. Early returns would indicate NO

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cutler just aint worth the 3 picks

coming down the stretch, he couldn't muster up a win 3 straight weeks, when one win would have gotten them in

if this happens, I give it 4 weeks before jets fans start asking, "was the trade worth it ?"

what are you talking about man...he borderline ELITE....:bag:

I think this will result in a trade to the browns, or cutler gets an extension with a big raise to stay in denver.

I really can't see the broncos trying to sell Brett "my arm is shot, I won't get surgery to fix it or come to mini-camps to learn a new offense, you see I like hunting" favre to their fans

cutler just aint worth the 3 picks

NO

and a thin skinned primma donna in NY ?

a thin skinned guy in NY ?

:rl:

I agree 100% dont waste the picks.

Possibly true, but at present, D'Brick looks like the best of the bunch.

Remember, Cutler was a risk then too. In hinsight, you could have done it different, but in this case, I can't call it a mistake at the time.

Agree 100%.

Brick was and is the right pick. The guy is developing into exactly what we expected. Anyone who doesn't think so just ain't paying attention.

D'Brick is still a disappointment to me, because when you draft a tackle that high, you are expecting an Orlando Pace/Tony Boselli/Jon Ogden type.

An Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type? You might as well expect a ****ing unicorn.

Scratch and dump this. I just saw the whole thing. They had written at the bottom, "Cutler to Detroit." They were talking hypothetical. Sorry. I was looking to see if anyone else heard anything.

We don't have a dump. We leave all of our dumb threads on the main board for the poster to be ridiculed.

See the "Wes Welker? Seriously?" thread.

Just to let you guys know the op in that thread said...

incase some of you havent noticed i made this up as a joke. who do you guys think is most likely to land cutler? i think Jets actually have a pretty good chance and i dont think the bucs will want to give up their 1st round pick this year because they already gave up a 2nd & a 3rd for K2.

Jets | Keeping tabs on Cutler situation

Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:33:38 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum is keeping a close eye on the situation with the Denver Broncos and QB Jay Cutler.

Jay Cutler to the Jets? Never say never.

The quarterback-needy Jets are keeping a close eye on the deteriorating Cutler situation in Denver, the Daily News has learned.

GM Mike Tannenbaum is known for exploring all possibilities - see last season's Brett Favre shotgun wedding - and he's said to be monitoring the Cutler-Broncos soap opera. Whether that means he'll pick up the phone and make an inquiry is another story.

At this point, it's difficult to gauge the Jets' level of interest. They may be performing due diligence in an attempt to avoid public criticism for the way they've been handling their quarterback situation. The decision to back unproven quarterbacks Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge has resulted in an outcry from fans and media, and the organization would take a huge hit if it made no effort to check out Cutler.

Two weeks ago, the Jets had no interest in the strong-armed passer, a person familiar with the team's thinking told the Daily News. Could they have done a 180 in two weeks? It's possible, but at this point they don't appear to be in a rush to acquire Cutler.

Cutler, feuding with new coach Josh McDaniels, has formally requested a trade and didn't show up Monday for the first day of McDaniels' offseason program.

The Jets declined to comment on potential interest in Cutler. By rule, they can't comment because Cutler is under contract to the Broncos.

Jets Could Be in Mix for Cutler

Posted Mar 16th 2009 2:45PM by Ryan Wilson (RSS feed)

Even though head coach Rex Ryan has publicly stated otherwise, the Jets are in the market for a starting quarterback. Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff are young and full of potential, but if New York can land a Pro Bowl-caliber veteran, why wouldn't they?

The short answer, I guess, is: they did ... last year, and look how that turned out. Fair enough. Blowing a third-round pick on an old, slow and banged-up Brett Favre was a tad impetuous in hindsight, but surely there is some middle ground between an over-the-hill, future Hall of Famer and a fourth-year guy with 12 career starts.

Last week, word leaked that the Jets would hold a private workout for USC's Mark Sanchez, considered by many the second-best quarterback available in the April draft. And today, Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger writes that the club is monitoring the slow-motion train wreck that is the Jay Cutler situation.

The Jets are doing their due diligence regarding the tenuous situation in Denver and the possible availability of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, according to a person with knowledge of the team's thinking. ...

The Jets, he said, will never say never regarding a player of Cutler's ability and don't want to publicly take themselves out of the running should Cutler be traded. Denver has said it has no intention of trading the Pro Bowl quarterback, who Monday requested a trade.

Right. But Broncos owner Pat Bowlen also said he was "very disappointed" in the way Cutler has handled the two-week saga, so who knows who'll be under center for Denver when the season starts.

Hutchinson thinks it might all be moot, anyway; even if the Broncos decide to ship Cutler out of town, the Jets don't have much to offer. Denver will presumably need a starting quarterback -- even if for just a year -- and there's no reason to think Clemens or Ratliff is an upgrade over Chris Simms.

There's always the possibility of a three-team trade, but as Hutchinson points out, "A third team could [provide a starting-caliber type quarterback] but that team would likely want Cutler for themselves." Which is why the Lions, flush with draft picks, still seem like favorites. Plus, if the Broncos organization wanted to be spiteful, they'd send Cutler to a team that lost 16 times last season.

New York Jets monitoring Jay Cutler situation

In light of the tenuous situation in Denver regarding quarterback Jay Cutler, you can bet that Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum is keeping a close eye on things if his history of doing his due diligence is any indication.

Under Tannenbaum, the Jets have never said never regarding a player, especially one of Cutler's ability. The extent of the Jets' possible interest is unknown but the Jets GM will likely put in a call to Denver if he hasn't already.

Cutler, the Broncos' Pro Bowl quarterback, requested a trade Monday and failed to report to the start of the team's offseason workout program. He and new coach Josh McDaniels are at odds after it got out that McDaniels tried to trade him for former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel. Denver has said it has no intention of dealing Cutler.

Officially, the Jets have declined comment because Cutler is under contract with the Broncos. On the plus side, the club has a good relationship with Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, who also represents the retired Brett Favre.

My take is that the Jets don't have enough ammo to land Cutler unless they go through a third team. The Broncos are going to want a starting-caliber type quarterback in return for Cutler and the Jets can't deliver one. A third team could but that team would likely want Cutler for themselves.

Also, I don't think the Jets want to mortgage their future for Cutler. It would likely take at least a couple of high draft picks to land him and the Jets have prided themselves on building through the draft.

Again, I think the Jets are perfectly content to go into the season with either Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff as their starter -- and are eyeing Kansas State QB Josh Freeman, among others, in the draft.

I am simply posting this from another message board... so I cant confirm anything....

According to rumors on ESPN the Jets could be landing a deal as soon as tuesday that would send the rights of Brett Favre and Jets 2009 1st Round Pick and 2010 2nd and 3rd to the Broncos for Jay Cutler. I think this wouldnt be a bad deal if Favre decides to come out of retirement again he'd have Brandon Marshall,Eddie Royal,& Jabar Gaffney to throw to

Hah! I was only off on this year's 3rd vs next year's 3rd & we keep our backup QB's.

#17 and our #3 this year, rights to Brett Favre if they want him, Clemens or Ratliff or both, our #2 next year, and a hand job from Woody Johnson's buttery-soft palms.

And I bet they still wouldn't take it.

Agreed.. INSTANTLY pull the trigger. That is an absolute friggen STEAL.

Ok ,and who is he going to throw to? Clowney is 4.2 40 fast ,but he is still unproven. Stucky had a bad case of alligator arms. Coth is good ,but slow. So that either leaves us with Keller (can`t do it alone) or Holt. (What happened to building through the draft?)

If we do this we will never see what Kellen has. I`ll pass on this move

1. If I'm Clemens I'm crying right now

2. Asking for a proven qb is kind of stupid, obviously if you have a QB of Cutler's stature youre not going to want to trade him, teams that are desperate for a QB (Us, Vikings, Bucs, Bears, etc.) are going to be willing to give up the best value b/c our demand is so much higher. Only team I can see where Broncos can get a legit QB is the Eagles if McNabb wants out. Maybe McNabb + a first for Cutler?

3. You gotta give Tanny credit for one thing...he def is in the mix. I remember whenever there was news about a big deal about to go down during the Bradway era you knew the Jets were never going to be players....now I know were going to be in the discussion....love it

absolutely.cutler will only improve.however,if the jets make a run at him and fail,what does that do to clemens confidence.they told clemens he had a shot at the starting job and then they bring in favre.then they tell him that again and make a run at cutler.if the jets make a run,they have to land him.mho

Archived