Check out Bryce Petty's New Crib

JETSfaninNE

Nice pad. Seems like a cool dude. 

Some people may think this is a silly observation, but I like that this kid seems to always put a positive spin on things when I hear him talk. Always has a smile on his face. In team dynamics, you need people that are authentically like that, that people gravitate towards. I hope he ends up being able to play well.... he's definitely coming across as a good dude.

Some people may think this is a silly observation, but I like that this kid seems to always put a positive spin on things when I hear him talk. Always has a smile on his face. In team dynamics, you need people that are authentically like that, that people gravitate towards. I hope he ends up being able to play well.... he's definitely coming across as a good dude.

the word on him coming out of college, from an intangible standpoint, was basically the polar opposite of geno - that he's a great kid, natural leader, likable, want him in the locker room, etc.  and you're not talking about someone like greg mcelroy who lacks the physical attributes to succeed at this level.  tall and thick with a strong arm.

the word on him coming out of college, from an intangible standpoint, was basically the polar opposite of geno - that he's a great kid, natural leader, likable, want him in the locker room, etc.  and you're not talking about someone like greg mcelroy who lacks the physical attributes to succeed at this level.  tall and thick with a strong arm.

Yeah, he looks built for the league. It's going to come down to him being able to learn the game. Fingers crossed. We're due.

Not silly at all.  Totally agree with you.  Positive correlates with winning.  I will be rooting hard for this kid.  Hope he becomes the franchise QB one day.

You have had many but this isn't one of them..:P I agree I would love to see this kid take the team to great bowl heights, if that happened getting him with a 4th pick would be Petty larceny... 

he's also 3 years older than most of the seniors so he should be a good leader

I liked the way he shrugged it off when he went blatantly unrecognized, joking how he knows Fitzpatrick and that he's the water boy. Not a whiff of arrogance or a pride-insulted, "C'mon you really don't know who I am?"

A little on the stupid side, more or less insinuating he didn't know we had trees in NY/NJ, but I guess it's no worse than my driving through WV and being surprised at having cellular coverage (or the presence of indoor plumbing for that matter) down there. So I guess that's ok. 

I liked the way he shrugged it off when he went blatantly unrecognized, joking how he knows Fitzpatrick and that he's the water boy. Not a whiff of arrogance or a pride-insulted, "C'mon you really don't know who I am?"

A little on the stupid side, more or less insinuating he didn't know we had trees in NY/NJ, but I guess it's no worse than my driving through WV and being surprised at having cellular coverage (or the presence of indoor plumbing for that matter) down there. So I guess that's ok. 

Geno would have got in the guys face and been out for the season..LOL

Gotta chance to see him throw a few strikes in the 2nd preseason game. He has a wicked release time.  Reminds me of Dan Marino and JWN. He will have a great future in this league.

look forward to seeing him lead the team next year or maybe even sooner.

I remember watching a similar piece on Geno, also before the season during his rookie year, and he seemed pretty cool to all of us - remember when he was getting a haircut in NYC, a lot of footage of his mom... we all thought he was a great and humble kid...  so I'm not getting too excited.

I remember watching a similar piece on Geno, also before the season during his rookie year, and he seemed pretty cool to all of us - remember when he was getting a haircut in NYC, a lot of footage of his mom... we all thought he was a great and humble kid...  so I'm not getting too excited.

Plus, he has a cool name.

I like the fact he's not going to be rushed & he has Chan Gailey as his mentor. Physically he's perfect for the NFL (230Lbs), like someone else said, very quick release, another prerequisite for an NFL QB.

Plus he can move, not as a RUNNING QB, but he should watch tapes of Andrew Luck. Luck has already mastered the art of running when it's there & getting down so the refs protect you. Luck runs over CBs in the endzone,lol.

i have a really, really good vibe about this kid, smart, funny, positive, wants to learn, under good coaching, good leader. I could see a team rally around this kid. Please, please, work out for us Bryce, it's time the NY Jets dominate this division for once since 1960. Bill, Fins & Pats have all had dominating decades. It's our time.

Here is the best case for Petty...he plays in mop up duty here and there. He comes in next year to compete for the job.

I still think that is asking too much of him right now. But it would be great if we found a QB in round 4. We don't know much about this staff yet, if they will leak stuff. But really interested in seeing what they think about Petty down the road. If they think he can be a starter in this league.

Not silly at all.  Totally agree with you.  Positive correlates with winning.  I will be rooting hard for this kid.  Hope he becomes the franchise QB one day.

By next year he will be the Jets starting QB. Fitz will be the backup and Geno will be laboring in Cleveland. Maybe the CFL. He probably end up being teammates with Enemkpali in Montreal.

Here is a pre-draft article that I saw that made me really like this guy. Still an interesting read.  Check out what his college coach says about him....

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/nfl-insider-deleted/article15312632.html

Archived