"Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening ... Sometimes your alarm clock isn't going to go off."- Todd Bowles

Matt39

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

Parcells "let" LT smoke crack for the entire 1985 season.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lt-over-the-edge-642605/ 

He rarely practiced and one time he showed up to a walk through still wearing the handcuffs from the holding cell the night before 

And if memory serves he never benched him once. 

This idea that Bowles is a soft coach, who let players do whatever it's absolute bullsh*t. 

HE LEARNED FROM PARCELLS!

This is how the league works, stars do what they want and coaches make 10x less than the stars.  

In fact, the benching of Mo and Sheldon for 1 quarter is more discipline than Parcells showed LT in 10 years 

Matt, you are comparing Super Bowl Championship teams, players, and coach to this? If we won SB's and dominated like they did, who now would care about discipline? The idea is winning, not who disciplines their players more. We suck, this coach sucks, and the players are over rated and overpaid. There is nothing remotely close to LT here, in fact, you could add Mo Wilk and Sheldumb together 20 times over, and not come up with 1/100000000th of an LT, crack smoker or whatever. If we start winning SB's would anyone here care if players were late? Its the losing mentality, the habitual quitting in games, the lazy assed preparation, the lack of game smarts and adjustments, and overall valium induced demeanor of the HC, and it flows into the players. Cesar Milan says that a dog's owner radiates energy to his or her dog and it translates into the dog's behavior. Calm assertive energy = a well behaved dog, nervous tense energy and the dog is more nervous and aggressive. I firmly believe that, and it works with human to human contact as well. A coach who is half asleep and says "nothing is life threatening" will exude that laissez faire $hit to his players which is exactly what has happened here.

I am starting to seriously think our HC is on drugs with what he came out with today. Absolutely ridiculous.

51 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Because it has nothing to do with football.

Why not? ... 

The Jets were a mess in 2016. There's no other way to put. But it wasn't just on the field where they had their struggles. Off it, things were just as ugly.

Among the many, many issues -- locker room turmoil, drama, lack-of leadership -- the Jets dealt with a perceived lack of accountability. Two of the their best players -- defensive ends Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson -- made it a habit of showing up late to meetings

Is coach Todd Bowles worried about his team's alleged issue with tardiness?

"It's part of it," Bowles said at the NFL owners meeting on Tuesday. "Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening ... Sometimes your alarm clock isn't going to go off."

9 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Why not? ... 

Who you quoting another reporter...you people so predictable it is no wonder anyone who can put 2 sentences together can become a jets beat reporter and self appointed expert on all matters.  

14 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Who you quoting another reporter...you people so predictable it is no wonder anyone who can put 2 sentences together can become a jets beat reporter and self appointed expert on all matters.  

Since it wasn't posted elsewhere in this thread I put the quote in context to show you it's football related and you're still lost in your own mental pollution.

43 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Cesar Milan says that a dog's owner radiates energy to his or her dog and it translates into the dog's behavior. Calm assertive energy = a well behaved dog, nervous tense energy and the dog is more nervous and aggressive. I firmly believe that, and it works with human to human contact as well. A coach who is half asleep and says "nothing is life threatening" will exude that laissez faire $hit to his players which is exactly what has happened here.

it wasn't too long ago people were complaining that Rex was too animated and too much of a joker. now Bowles is too sleepy and reserved. 

Here's an idea find the coach a quarterback and some players who can cover and maybe this team will have a chance. 

or put it another way if Coaches were the reason why teams win games, those guys would be making the Andrew Luck money 

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

He rarely practiced and one time he showed up to a walk through still wearing the handcuffs from the holding cell the night before 

This idea that Bowles is a soft coach, who let players do whatever it's absolute bullsh*t. 

This is how the league works, stars do what they want and coaches make 10x less than the stars.  

In fact, the benching of Mo and Sheldon for 1 quarter is more discipline than Parcells showed LT in 10 years 

I....actually agree with this.  If anyone thinks that superstars don't go through stupid bullsh*t all the time then they are kidding themselves.  As long as the team wins, you dont hear about it and no one cares. 

Now, all of that said, Bowles does not have any sort of unwavering support from me and will still have to show some form of growth to avoid the axe, IMO.  They may not win a ton of games this season, we all know that...but they can't be lost the same way we lost last year.  Coaching has to be better, the players have to give a sh*t, and more than anything, that locker room has to stay together.  I hate using the Browns as an example, but that f*cking team played their ASSES off for Hue for all 16 games.  Win or lose (mostly lose).  That's what I want to see this year.

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This was uttered by the NY Jets Head Coach today. This quote makes Kotite look like Lombardi. For ****s sake.

Forrest Gump is our Head Coach.  

Forrest Gump and Bubba Blue all rolled into one. Amazing. 

6 hours ago, Tinstar said:

And there in lies the issue . How can it be dumb if you don't know what the context was ?  Half of the people who criticize this statement don't even know or understand what it was said in relation too .

They hate Todd  Bowles and whatever he says will be twisted and use as evidence for his conviction .

The vast majority of them do the same exact thing to Mike Mccagnan  also . 

Basically this. Most people here already have their mind made up about Bowles so anything he says will be met with scrutiny

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

too bad Wilk and Shel are not LT

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

Parcells was never a tough coach, simply a very sarcastic, caustic guy.

16 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

You do realize police take the cuffs off when someone makes bail ...........right??

He did show up with cuffs .....one time....as a joke. 

This was after hanging out with some hookers and the "cuffs" were made of fake fur.

Look it up.

Yup in reality what he said wasnt really an untruth, but this moron, he is supposed to be the boss and set the tone and this is what he says? Wtf? 

He should have caMe down on those guys hard.... Now everyone thinks hes soft and can get away with crap. 

What supervisor at your job would say something like that lol

44 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

You do realize police take the cuffs off when someone makes bail ...........right??

He did show up with cuffs .....one time....as a joke. 

This was after hanging out with some hookers and the "cuffs" were made of fake fur.

Look it up.

Kinky

Cimini every now and again offers up a nugget of wisdom, which is why I respect him more than Mehta.

He says that sometimes Bowles, having been a former player, brings experiences from that to shape his opinions.

The problem being that he is no longer a player, but a head coach.  It's an interesting thought

30 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cimini every now and again offers up a nugget of wisdom, which is why I respect him more than Mehta.

He says that sometimes Bowles, having been a former player, brings experiences from that to shape his opinions.

The problem being that he is no longer a player, but a head coach.  It's an interesting thought

That is interesting

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm calling bullsh*t.

Yeah but two things. One, we don't have even half the player LT was. Two, its Bowles. Not Parcells. 

Archived