Who emerges as Jets 2014 breakout player?

SouthernJet

No rookies for this thread please.

What Vet  (could be a very good player already) do you think emerges to next level the most? 

Non starter to great starter, starter to Pro bowl level etc..something along those lines..

I think with the addition of Decker and a safety valve for Geno or Vick in Amaro/Chris Johnson, I like Kerley's chances of getting lots of single coverage and alone in slot a lot. He could see Pro Bowl type #s. 

David Nelson steps up as a quality #2 WR. I see a 50+ reception 800yd/ 6 TD performance coming from him this yr. That up from 36/423/2.

6-5 with 4.5 speed with a 38" vertical and sure hands almost guarantees an uptick. If he beats out Hill, which I think he will, he's a lock @ #2

Geno and David Nelson‘s chemistry

Last season we saw a rookie quarterback struggle with a receiving corps that was seemingly slapped together at the last-minute. Besides Kerley the only one who caught a ball going his way consistently is David Nelson, and Geno has gotten comfortable with this. It has been noted how Geno and Nelson have continued to grow on the chemistry they built last season and while Nelson isn’t the fastest or strongest, he can get open in the end-zone and use his size grab contested balls.

www.thejetsblog.com

Offense - Hill

Defense - Coples

If these 2 do take a huge step this year, I can only dream of how much of an impact each would make on their respective side of the ball!

Hill would finally have to be respected as that deep threat we have been lacking since Wesley Walker. It changes the whole way teams "scheme" the Jets. Safety over the top and to Hills side opens up Decker, Kerley and the whole middle of the field for the TE's. Not to mention how the play action will help the running game.

Coples development as a pass rusher could only further help the DL get a push up the middle with Mo, Sheldon and Snacks. Moving him around and overloading one side of the line would wreak havoc on the offense. It's all about his effort, health and conditioning! Dropping the 15 lbs should help his conditioning.... and hopefully that will increase his effort.

I hope it is Hill.  But as other posters have commented, Geno needs to take a huge step forward for the offense to be effective.

On defense, I would like to see Milner continue the trajectory he started on at the end of last season.

Remember, its not who who think needs to emerge for jets to succeed but based on roster, scheme, etc who do you think WILL emerge....

Thanks for the reminder S.J.  With that in mind, I would say Coples... and CJ. 

If Patterson can stay healthy he can be a really good DB in this system and just might surprise us all. It's a big "if" when it comes to his health though .

I don't think this is a bad choice.  Rex asks CBs to do a bunch.  If one steps up, Milliner, Patterson, McDougle, they will get tons of credit.  If they fail it will be obvious like 2013 Cromartie. 

Dark horse:  Antonio Allen.  Having a faster safety next to him might free him up to do more stuff - blitz, mix him up in coverages.  They let him start next to Pryor in camp, so he must have a shot and be ahead of Jarrett.  

That is who i would think has the greatest chances of having a breakout season.

On the offense its Nelson.

I hope it is Hill.  But as other posters have commented, Geno needs to take a huge step forward for the offense to be effective.

On defense, I would like to see Milner continue the trajectory he started on at the end of last season.

If Geno and Milliner can pick up where they left off the last quarter of 2013, the Jets will be in very good shape.

Mo Wilk is effectively in a contract year, and some critics said he had a down year last year. He could wind up having a monster season with all the added motivation, especially if Richardson is the same guy and Coples approaches his potential.

Archived