Hypothetically, if offered Sanchise for Geno would you take it?

TuscanyTile2

I think almost all of us would (and Maccagnan and almost every GM would), that means we went from a QB we booed out of town to an even worse QB. 

We'd be fortunate to be able to bring back the guy who butt-fumbled on national TV over the guy we've got now.

Crazy to think about. 

No. I know exactly what I'm getting with Sanchez. I'm 95% sure what I'm getting with Geno. They both suck, but I'm reluctantly willing to give Geno a few starts under a new regime. 

That said, I don't want Geno as our starter. 

Wanting Sanchez back is one of the more imbecilic things I have read in recent weeks. And there have been many...

Geno still has room to improve. I am not optimistic about his progress but have not thrown in the towel on him just yet. That said, I would still take Mariota if there isnt a big deal on the table.

I know exactly what Mark is. A serviceable backup, if he has a quality cast around him, that will always commit awful turnovers.

Aids or Ebola, nice choice.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick Sanchez, barely.

If managed right, I think he can win and produce at a slightly better level than Smith.

But really, that's a choice between stepping in dogsh*t or stepping in horse sh*t.

Either way, it's sh*t.

I think almost all of us would (and Maccagnan and almost every GM would), 

You are sorely mistaken. Why would I or our GM want mark back? He sucks that was established over the four years he was here. He didn't prove anything with the eagles either. In fact mark was so bad with the Jets that he jaded most of the fan base towards any young QB we have or will have. It's funny, Mark at best was average and people still think he's this misunderstood star just waiting to blossom. G Smith had two or three weeks his rookie year before most of those same people for whom mark could do no wrong were calling for G Smith to be cut. I'm not saying Geno is the guy I'm just saying Mark certainly isn't. Nothing Geno has done comes close to surpassing the ultimate embarrassing moment in sports known as The Butt Fumble. At least Geno is still on his inexpensive rookie contract.

I think almost all of us would (and Maccagnan and almost every GM would), that means we went from a QB we booed out of town to an even worse QB.

We'd be fortunate to be able to bring back the guy who butt-fumbled on national TV over the guy we've got now.

Crazy to think about.

No I wouldn't. Geno has a higher upside and hasn't played long enough to make a final determination.

That would be even dumber than the move Bradway made a few years ago, when he let Lavernues Coles sign with the Redskins, developed Santana Moss into a great receiver, and then traded Moss for Coles a few seasons later.m

Bottom line: Geno does play very well at times, Sanchez doesn't. No way I'd make that trade.

Sanchez - 9 games 198 / 309  64.1 % 14 TD  11 INT  2400 yds

Geno - 14 games 219/367 59 % 13 TD 13 Ints  2500 yds

First of all this trade would never happen because no one in their right mind would ever trade for Geno Smith. Sanchez will get some interest from other teams if Philly wants to move him. I think if he does get a chance to play a full season in Philly he could approach the 30 TD mark but that improvement would have to go along with him cutting out the stupid turnovers and that's whats plagued Mark his entire career.

Sanchez has shown Improvement with  a better supporting cast and his Comp. percentage has gone up almost 10 points in a better offensive system so hes not as inaccurate as some Jets fans would have you believe. That being said both QB's kill themselves with stupid turnovers and very well might continue too.

Having to make a decision on the 2 its easily Sanchez anyone saying Geno is nuts since Sanchez has some nice playoff exp. and has shown at times to be a clutch performer in the playoffs/

That would be even dumber than the move Bradway made a few years ago, when he let Lavernues Coles sign with the Redskins, developed Santana Moss into a great receiver, and then traded Moss for Coles a few seasons later.m

Bottom line: Geno does play very well at times, Sanchez doesn't. No way I'd make that trade.

Wait what ??

Geno plays well at times but Sanchez doesn't ? Sanchez had some fantastic games this season and in prior seasons I don't remember Geno ever having a fantastic game some good ones yes but never fantastic

Archived