Schefter expects us to pay Revis "anything he wants"

DaBallhawk

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has to be some happy medium. My main problem with Idzik was him playing moneyball at corner and his draft misses. My problem with signing Revis is he's in his 30's (still his prime but towards the end of it) and he's going to cost north of 12 million a year. Plus I hate that he went to the Pats and helped them win another SB. I could be okay with a Revis signing but I'd rather sign a younger corner who will hit his prime when we're ready to compete.

My only problem with this is that your choosing from a bunch of 3rd and 4th tier CBs. They will be lucky to still be in the league 4-5 years from now if your insisting thats when we'll be contenders.

To the 83 guests in this thread right now, click REGISTER and let us know what you think. We want to hear from you. You can post with your existing Facebook or Twitter account. Or just create a new one here. Thanks.

Stop ruining threads with marketing advertisements.

The season for wild football rumors is upon us!!!  Usually anything Schefter reports I take

seriously but ever since the Marrone fiasco up in BUF I question where he gets his info.

Remember as soon as Marrone opted out of his contract Schefter was reporting that

he was going to be the Jet HC.  How did that turn out???

To the 83 guests in this thread right now, click REGISTER and let us know what you think. We want to hear from you.  You can post with your existing Facebook or Twitter account. Or just create a new one here.  Thanks.

I resistered just to tell you not to tell me what to do. HARUMPH!

Well, as it seems your insidious plan has worked and I'm here now, I guess I'll add that I find the notion of paying Revis "whatever" he wants just a tad absurd. As I think we've learned by now, Revis is not in the footbal business. He's in the empire business.

Perfectly put.  Spending a lot of money on Revis without a QB is like a man buying a Jaguar to help get laid when he doesn't have a penis.  

So what would you have the Jets do?

Not field a team?  If you don't have a QB you still have to try and win games.  What it sounds like you're suggesting is what got Idzik fired.

I would love to see him back but I unless the Jets make him an offer that blows away everyone else I don't see why he would even come here.

I would rather see Cro and Maxwell and build the offense before I would want to see Revis back here

So what would you have the Jets do?

Not field a team?  If you don't have a QB you still have to try and win games.  What it sounds like you're suggesting is what got Idzik fired.

This post suggests there are only two types of NFL franchises:

1. Those who seek out a 30 year old CB, whose best days are behind him, and pay him anything he wants.

2. Those who do not field a team.

There's no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL. If the Jets can sign Revis, DO IT (As long as it's not north of 14 mil). Spend the money.

If the devil Idzik would have signed Revis last year the Jets would've had a better season and the Patriots wouldn't have won another Superbowl.

Why would Jets fans want Revis?

For that money, the Jets could fill 3 or 4 gaping holes that they have.

Because the Jets only have two gaping holes... and Revis fills one of them bigtime and the Jets can sign another.

(QB and CB)

There's no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL. If the Jets can sign Revis, DO IT (As long as it's not north of 14 mil). Spend the money.

If the devil Idzik would have signed Revis last year the Jets would've had a better season and the Patriots wouldn't have won another Superbowl.

Then we wouldn't have the 6th pick and no Marriotta threads.  What a horror.

This post suggests there are only two types of NFL franchises:

1. Those who seek out a 30 year old CB, whose best days are behind him, and pay him anything he wants.

2. Those who do not field a team.

This post was referencing a comment that we shouldn't sign Revis because we don't have a QB - As a rule if you don't want to sign all-world CB's in their prime because they're 30 is fine - but it shouldn't be because we don't have a QB. 

Let's not and actually re-build our team with young talent, and maybe sign some 1 year rental veterans

You can do that when your nucleus of players is young and talented. We have sh*t loads of Idzik players. Gotta use that cash to bring in a game changer or two and then focus on younger players.

I would love to see Revis back with the Jets. Every so often a player comes along that is actually worth the money he gets paid(relevant to other nfl salaries). Revis is one of those players and we drafted him. I'd like to see him a jet for life. He's exactly the kind of CB that could make a seamless transition to FS in his later years. I'm like many of you that became disenchanted by Revis's demands for more money early into his contracts but the way he changes the defense in the secondary can't be overstated imo.

Archived