Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick (All things Fitzpatrick in here)

Morrissey

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!!!

That kid should give Geno a math lesson.

As long as he starts out with an abacus.

Ha ha ha.

Fitz has a nice family. They'll enjoy New York after the boonies of Houston, Buffalo, and wherever else they've been.

I am getting a Vinny Testaverde vibe from this move.

SAR I

If an agreement is in place "for a late round pick" it HAS to be a 7th rounder.

We don't have a 5th (Marshall) or a 6th (Harvin), and a 4th is considered a "mid-round" pick.

We do have TWO 7th's though.

I believe it's for a conditional 2016 late round pick. It's based Fitzpatrick ' s playing time in 2015.

So just listened to an interview with Parcells from today where he said Geno is finally being put in a good position to succeed.  Also said he likes him more than what he's seeing in the draft.  Not ready to give up on him.

Then I listened to Damien Woody and he said Geno never really had a chance to develop because Idzik never put him in the best position to succeed.  Said now that they're surrounding him with talent he's got a real chance.  Geno is only 24 and they can finally see what he can really do.

Both said this after Fitz was acquired but didn't share the expert opinions of many here that Fitz was the auto starter.

Weird.

So just listened to an interview with Parcells from today where he said Geno is finally being put in a good position to succeed.  Also said he likes him more than what he's seeing in the draft.  Not ready to give up on him.

Then I listened to Damien Woody and he said Geno never really had a chance to develop because Idzik never put him in the best position to succeed.  Said now that they're surrounding him with talent he's got a real chance.  Geno is only 24 and they can finally see what he can really do.

Both said this after Fitz was acquired but didn't share the expert opinions of many here that Fitz was the auto starter.

Weird.

If either auto starts then nothing has changed.  Let these two battle it out to the death in training camp.  Winner gets the nod, loser gets the clip board.  Period.

So just listened to an interview with Parcells from today where he said Geno is finally being put in a good position to succeed. Also said he likes him more than what he's seeing in the draft. Not ready to give up on him.

Then I listened to Damien Woody and he said Geno never really had a chance to develop because Idzik never put him in the best position to succeed. Said now that they're surrounding him with talent he's got a real chance. Geno is only 24 and they can finally see what he can really do.

Weird.

So, Parcells sh*t all over Rex and this is what you took from it, you boob?

Weird.

I am ok with whomever wins the competition coming out of camp. Stay away from Mariota and maybe get a Hundley or Petty later on if they fall deep, otherwise no QB in this class and see what happens. We are probably still at least a year away, so the 2016 draft/free agency period could/should yield more talent. Geno ain't great, but has shown some ability if he can get over his knucklehead tendencies which may be a product of the lack of skill position talent. I'd like to see them take a wait and see approach while fortifying the other aspects of the team. Just my opinion....

So, Parcells sh*t all over Rex and this is what you took from it, you boob?

Pretty sure he, like Woody, were sh*tting all over that poindexter Idzik who you kept telling us was doing a bang up job.

Fitzpatrick is getting paid less than any backup QB who's signed so far. I think people are losing sight of this. He is not some entrenched starter, and we're not locked in to anything. He doesn't even have to make it to September and it's still no big deal.

The only thing inexcusable would be if they didn't bring in a veteran no matter who they do or do not draft. He's started every season for several years in a row now.

Smith may be better than he was, but at least we're not banking the season on it; the expectation with a move like this is that Smith will not see the field. If he turns his whole career around goody for us. But my God you can't bet on it happening. If he does, somehow, then Fitz is a more than adequate solution as backup.

They should draft another one this year anyway (and don't wait until round 7 to pull that trigger).

This.

Futz is a 1 year bridge. If that.

Fitzpatrick is going to be fun, I think. He's tough, he's competitive, he'll scrap, and he'll make positive plays with the football that we haven't seen here in a long time. Yes, the arm strength is putrid and he'll throw a bunch of picks as a result, but it beats another year of Geno's blank stares into the void.

Fitzpatrick is going to be fun, I think. He's tough, he's competitive, he'll scrap, and he'll make positive plays with the football that we haven't seen here in a long time. Yes, the arm strength is putrid and he'll throw a bunch of picks as a result, but it beats another year of Geno's blank stares into the void.

Is your avatar a mug shot of Kate McKinnon?

We don't need him-we have the healthy Bilal Powell who is a potential 1200 yard back IMHO. he should have NEVER been made to sit behind Mister 2 yards and a cloud of dust Chris Johnson. The good news though is having been misused by Ryan and under-used by every OC we've had since he got here he has never been beaten up the way a guy like CJ Spiller and Johnson has been. Draft another HB and go with Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell and either Daryl Richardson (if he's still on the team) or a rookie RB we pick up in the draft.

If Powell gets 1000 carries he'll get that 1200 yards.

here's another one of those uninformed blanket statements that the new crew has been bringing to the JN table. Do a little research before you make stupid statements not backed up with any kind of facts all of you new guys....please.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14129/bilal-powell

Give Powell 300 carries and he's a 1200 yard player. Can you guys believe he only carries the ball 33 times last year? Ryan our clueless offensive minded ex-coach gave the washed up Chris Johnson 5X more carries than Bilal and he still had as many TDs as as Powell; 1

I agree. Some are dogging this trade, but Fitz can play. He isn't going carry a team on his back, but with a good supporting cast you can be competitive with him.

We still need to find and groom a long term solution though.

Why would a RB with a career average of 4.0 YPC need 1,000 carries to get 1200 yards?  I realize it's actually 3.9, but I'll go ahead and give him a pass for the 13 meh carries he had as a rookie.

Why would a RB with a career average of 4.0 YPC need 1,000 carries to get 1200 yards?  I realize it's actually 3.9, but I'll go ahead and give him a pass for the 13 meh carries he had as a rookie.

this is the kind of stuff that I have to say, a LOT of the new recruits have been bringing to the discussion these days Glen-come on guys we're better than that-up your game a little this ain't Jets Insider

Ha ha ha.

Fitz has a nice family. They'll enjoy New York after the boonies of Houston, Buffalo, and wherever else they've been.

I am getting a Vinny Testaverde vibe from this move.

SAR I

Yes.

This will reduce the felony arrest ratio on our team for sure.

I'll settle for 75% of Vinnie's proficiency from Fitzpatrick.

blank stares and that gaping fly catcher between his nose and his chin

Archived