Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, kmnj said:

if the broncos wanted a noodle arm qb that cant throw in the cold and wind they would have kept the hall of famer two time winning superbowl qb in peyton

Jets gm is playing it smart-he should invite Fitz into his office-make him watch the bills game vs a team with nothing to play for and say after watching this game tape we are going to lower  our offer even further.

Hey Fitz how many teams could you start for in the league besides the Jets? maybe the browns ? have fun there

with Decker, Bmash and Forte at his disposal I would LOVE To see Kap join the jets

he would fit in great with Chan as well

Wouldn't it be Bmarsh?  Bmash makes me think of bacon and potatoes and when I do that kinda hard to think about anything else.

44 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

That is because unlike some Jet fans who are so starved for decent qb play, most other teams know he played with two of the best receivers in the league, a sold running game and a OC that coached to his strengths.   They see beyond he career year stats and look at what he has done over the course of his entire career (or better yet what he has not done, which is make the playoffs).   Only an fool would sign Fitz for the money he is asking for.  He gets down to the 12 - 15 million level and some one might bite (I hope the Jets are not that team.)

You miss the second half of the season?

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets acquire hoyer, i think that's a signal from mccags they are drafting a qb in the first 2 rounds and have no intention of starting hoyer.

Or they like Petty a lot more than they'll led us to believe.  That would be the ideal scenario as far as I'm concerned.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think teams have seen the tape... and it doesn't lie... Fitz without Gailey is Bryan Hoyer.]

Nobody wants Brian Hoyer.

17 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Apparently the Jets are interested.

Duh, the formula needs to be completed... this means that Hoyer with Gailey = Fitz in 2015.

Now put on your boner pants and get psyched!!!! 

59 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He played well enough with buffalo to earn an extension is my point. Has Hoyer ever earned an extension?

Yeah and that extension quickly turned into an awful deal for the bills. I don't know what you're trying to prove but fitz still sucks, I'm just saying hoyer isn't any worse

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Yeah and that extension quickly turned into an awful deal for the bills. I don't know what you're trying to prove but fitz still sucks, I'm just saying hoyer isn't any worse

I'm saying he played well enough to earn that. Hoyer never even had a team think about giving him a second deal. I'm just saying Hoyer IS worse.

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think teams have seen the tape... and it doesn't lie... Fitz without Gailey is Bryan Hoyer.]

While I don't think he is as bad as everybody says given his record last year and stats, I would not trade for him.

So what would Brian Hoyer be with Chan Gailey?

The reality is, there's nothing "new" about Fitz, only his popularity with Jets fans. GMs across the league having making decisions about paying Fitzpatrick for 10 years.  It's not like the dude is Jake Dehlhomme and hiding on someone's roster for 3-4 years. He's been on the market a half dozen times and always signed for "good" backup money...

Now suddenly he wants 15+ mill? Nobody's biting on that. I understand the posturing, but truthfully, his stock is static. He's only worth $$ to the Jets. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

While I don't think he is as bad as everybody says given his record last year and stats, I would not trade for him.

So what would Brian Hoyer be with Chan Gailey?

Damn son, you slow.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Or a man who walks away from a pretty good gig thinking he can do better, when in reality he can't..and all he did was expose himself for being real greedy and dumb. And maybe even, unemployed therefore missing out on millions and millions of dollars only to be sitting at home to watch his limited time making big money playing a game just slip away.

Marone was duped into believing the Jet job was his, Cannizarro his friend wrote an article saying as much,

and Woody was very interested, but doesn't make the decision himself anymore due to his history. He thought he

was the next Jets coach, he started here under edwards as our line coach.

43 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

NOO! It's us they are talking about.

image.png

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hello apocalypse .  Is that you?

Doug Pederson: Bradford is our starter, Daniel is our backup

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2016, 3:41 PM EST

AP

Eagles coach Doug Pederson wants to put any thought of a quarterback controversy to rest.

After the Eagles signed quarterback Chase Daniel on Wednesday, questions were raised about whether Daniel could unseat Sam Bradford as the starter. But Pederson said today that everyone understands the pecking order, and Bradford is ahead of Daniel on the depth chart.

“Sam Bradford is the No. 1. Chase Daniel is the No. 2,” Pederson said. “We’re working on the No. 3.”

So let there be no doubt: Bradford will open camp as the Eagles’ No. 1 quarterback. Realistically, however, Daniel’s familiarity with Pederson’s offense may give him a chance to out-perform Bradford and unseat him as the starter. And given Bradford’s injury history, there’s a pretty good chance Daniel will start at some time this season.

Pederson’s comments also strongly suggest that Mark Sanchez is not in the team’s plans. Although Pederson says it’s possible that Sanchez could be the Eagles’ third quarterback, his $4.5 million base salary makes it awfully unlikely that the Eagles will keep him. They’ll try to trade him, and if they can’t, they’ll release him.

Nobody wants Fitz

Nobody wants Geno

Nobody wants Sanchez

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

You cant blame the guy for testing the market. Thats not being greedy. If he can make twice as much somewhere else why wouldnt he? Wouldnt you? Or do you consider your employer your master?

Testing the market is fine, but having a ridiculous asking and turning your nose up at a team that gave you a second chance at a career in the league is being greedy. The difference between Fitz and I, I'm not a greedy pig. LOL. I'm self employed, guy. How about you though?

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'm saying he played well enough to earn that. Hoyer never even had a team think about giving him a second deal. I'm just saying Hoyer IS worse.

Yeah for a handful of games before he turned back into Ryan Fitzpatrick again. And hoyer played well enough to steal the Texans job from him but that's a moot point, the two players are basically interchangeable backup caliber talents 

as soon as the denver domino falls, the rest of the QB's will agree with a day or two

the 9ers are just sitting back waiting for someone to panic and give them a ransom

once elway decides what he is doing, we will see who wants fitz

3 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Pederson’s comments also strongly suggest that Mark Sanchez is not in the team’s plans. Although Pederson says it’s possible that Sanchez could be the Eagles’ third quarterback, his $4.5 million base salary makes it awfully unlikely that the Eagles will keep him. They’ll try to trade him, and if they can’t, they’ll release him.

I would take Sanchez before Geno ; I would take a retarded orangutan before Geno !!

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Testing the market is fine, but having a ridiculous asking and turning your nose up at a team that gave you a second chance at a career in the league is being greedy. The difference between Fitz and I, I'm not a greedy pig. LOL. I'm self employed, guy. How about you though?

I'm not sure if anything you wrote after that first comma is based in reality. 

57 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets acquire hoyer, i think that's a signal from mccags they are drafting a qb in the first 2 rounds and have no intention of starting hoyer.

The jets had no intention of starting fitz last year either until geno got knocked out 

22 minutes ago, jack48 said:

It is all a game.  Fitz is just throwing sh*t at the wall and seeing if it sticks anywhere.  I believe he will be back.

Well the jets aren't going to have any money left, we're not missing out on free agents so fitzy can play his little game. He walked away 

Archived