Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Shocking, most late 2nd rounders are a GMs white whale...... 

Considering Hackenberg's resume reads like a 6th rounder, it's fair to question how much of a hard on the GM had for him to take him in the 2nd.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Considering Hackenberg's resume reads like a 6th rounder, it's fair to question how much of a hard on the GM had for him to take him in the 2nd.

Intelligent leaders hire on the potential and skill sets of an employee, rather than resumes. 

Also, great organizations develop that potential, and do not rely on what someone else did with them.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

all qb's we wish we could have on the jets

No doubt, if he reaches his ceiling and becomes a Matt Stafford/Jay Cutler type, we could have a lot of success for a long time, we may even win a super bowl if our supporting cast is good around him and we have a good defense.

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Intelligent leaders hire on the potential and skill sets of an employee, rather than resumes. 

Also, great organizations develop that potential, and do not rely on what someone else did with them.

RE: potential and "skill sets," Hackenberg's=Geno and Sanchez. You use the resume in the NFL.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sweet merciful crap

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And you don't think there's any chance Mac is just saying what he's saying to keep the pressure off the kid?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Just listened to Maccagnan on with Michael Kay (who is the single worst interviewer this side of Craig Carton). They asked him about Hackenberg and the plan for him moving forward. Maccagnan gave the standard issue answer about adding a talented player to the roster whom they hope to develop. The encouraging part of it was that it didn't sound like they're relying on Hackenberg to be the future of the franchise at all, and spent a good amount of time comparing Hackenberg's learning curve to Bryce Petty's. 

Encouraging, it is the ideal scenario. Let him sit for as long as it takes without feeling obligated to play him and if Petty beats him out, so be it.

The plan really has to be to re-sign Fitz. Regardless of how hard it may seem to do financially I'm still absolutely convinced he'll be back. If we go with Geno then I could see us going through all three guys by Christmas and destroying whatever potential they may have had. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Just listened to Maccagnan on with Michael Kay (who is the single worst interviewer this side of Craig Carton). They asked him about Hackenberg and the plan for him moving forward. Maccagnan gave the standard issue answer about adding a talented player to the roster whom they hope to develop. The encouraging part of it was that it didn't sound like they're relying on Hackenberg to be the future of the franchise at all, and spent a good amount of time comparing Hackenberg's learning curve to Bryce Petty's. 

Craig Carton is in a category of his own.

Maccagnan is smart to keep things close to the vest.

He won't let the press twist his words or put his foot in his mouth ala Rex Ryan (pardon the pun).

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Don't hire someone based on what they did for someone else, hire them for how successful they can be for you

And how would you know their capabilities without previous knowledge of their employment or work experience? It's not like there is an office worker combine. If there is, I'd watch that on NFL Network. 

48 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

WHAT, do you mean TomShane and dbatesman are not REALLY pro scouts? My mind is blown.

LMAO! U could have fooled me. Tom...Dbate...Macc needs your help...line 4.

• Upvote 1

On May 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM, PCP63 said:

I know it's hard to believe. You look at the stats and see the low completion percentage and overthrows.  You see a guy with bad footwork. How could he possibly be even a decent QB?

Stats don't always tell the full story. If you actually break down the game film, you'll see that he's really not that inaccurate. Most of his incompletions are due to pass rush, drops, and batted down balls. His footwork? After O'Brien left, the coaches kept making him switch his stance, making it awkward for him.

This is a kid that ran a pro-style Erhardt Perkins offense as a freshman. He makes the right reads, his audibles are immaculate, and he's very intelligent. Don't blame him for poor line play, and wide receivers that make the wrong choices on choice routes.

When you look at his plays, don't look at the yards gained. Those don't tell you anything. Look at the reads, the audibles, the progressions. If you do, you'll see that he's the most pro-ready QB in this entire draft. And our franchise quarterback.

Convince yourself even more because when reality sets in he is not a franchise QB.

6 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Convince yourself even more because when reality sets in he is not a franchise QB.

Make a deal with everyone here. Your so sure just promise everyone that if he does become a franchise QB, you'll pick another team in the AFC to root for. I mean your so sure what could be the harm?

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

All fans who think they know everything are the worst. People who act like they know more than everyone else, and have such convicition they are right, are dopy.

I don't think anyone really does that here. Everyone is fairly civil. But some of the superlatives being thrown around to justify Hackenberg not even being all that good in the Big 10- that is a bit dopey. 

Guys who had similar careers to Hack in college were guys like Akili Smith. All folks are doing is comparing factual data and forecasting pro success. No reason to get defensive over it.

im not all that angered at the pick. Maccagnan knows the team needs a quarterback- he likes this kid so be it. I'll watch him with an open mind, but I'm also not going to ignore the data.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Make a deal with everyone here. Your so sure just promise everyone that if he does become a franchise QB, you'll pick another team in the AFC to root for. I mean your so sure what could be the harm?

What about if he falls on his face will you change teams? 

I see some people are upset at us liking the pick. Calm down, it's not that serious.

At the end of the day, we're still going to root for Hackenberg. I know I will. I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back of it.

But that doesn't mean I have to like the pick. I still don't like it and I don't have much hope for Hackenberg as a franchise QB ultimately. I'm hoping he proves me wrong though. I highly doubt it (I'm damn near always right when it comes to QBs)

6 minutes ago, King P said:

I don't have much hope for Hackenberg as a franchise QB ultimately. I'm hoping he proves me wrong though. I highly doubt it (I'm damn near always right when it comes to QBs)

What are your thoughts on Goff, Wentz, & Lynch ?

22 minutes ago, ljr said:

What are your thoughts on Goff, Wentz, & Lynch ?

Goff is legit. I think he's going to be a very good QB.

Wentz? Bust

Lynch is a wildcard. He has the tools to be really good but needs some work. He could either be really good or crash and burn. I'm still for the most part unsure of him.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, still hate the pick 4 days later. Wasted pick. We're gonna look back and we'll regret not taking someone like Mackensie Alexander, Jonthan Bullard, Cody Whitehair, Tyler Boyd, Maliek Collins, Von Bell, Andrew Billings among others.

• Upvote 1