A Brief Reminder About The Board Rules - Several Members Banned This Week

Maxman

All sites are the Same.

5000 people sign up over time but it's the same 10 guys who revolve around it

For what ever reason people  have to be in crowd cattle  and a new  person has to kiss up to the regulars. 

Then you get the guys who treat a spectator sport like a gang war an get pissed when  you make comments they don't like about a team.

I've  always  been tempted to start my own site for all teams and not over moderate. People  put unintended emotion in comments they read and take the stupidity stuff personal. 

In 5 years, God knows how many forums  I've been kicked  off of simply for having a view  someone doesn't like  without even saying anything insulting. 

People have been taught  to think with emotions  instead of logic. 

I'm still googling for that  perfect forum somewhere that's active  and liberal....I mean liberal in the purist sense..not in some left,right bullcrap political way.

Embrace fans from all teams here and let everyone in on the joke that it's just good natured male  bonding, making fun of eachother.

If anyone wants to send me  a  Favre Jets replica  jersey for Christmas,  it would be greatly appreciated!  

Geno will eventually  be on another team.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

All sites are the Same.

For what ever reason people  have to be in crowd cattle  and a new  person has to kiss up to the regulars. 

Then you get the guys who treat a spectator sport like a gang war an get pissed when  you make comments they don't like about a team.

I've  always  been tempted to start my own site for all teams and not over moderate. People  put unintended emotion in comments they read and take the stupidity stuff personal. 

In 5 years, God knows how many forums  I've been kicked  off of simply for having a view  someone doesn't like  without even saying anything insulting. 

I'm still googling for that  perfect forum somewhere that's active  and liberal....I mean liberal in the purist sense..not in some left,right bullcrap political way.

Embrace fans from all teams here and let everyone in on the joke that it's just good natured male  bonding, making fun of eachother.

If anyone wants to send me  a  Favre Jets replica  jersey for Christmas,  it would be greatly appreciated!  

This offends me! ?

You have a point. There is no "perfect" forum, unless you're the only participant. With that said though, only diehards are on sports forums daily, and with that comes the emotions. How many of us argue with one another but if we're at a game together against the Pats would be brothers in arms? 

We're fans. It's like this every off-season, however not to this extreme (thoughts on Geno/Fitz). I've certainly been a participant, so I'm not pointing fingers, but trust in the fact that when the season begins, there is no better site than jetnation when it comes to fan participation. Again, it's the nature of the off-season. 

6 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Over the past three months we've had 2 guys dominating the conversation professing that Geno was going to have a rebirth and that Fitz was a mirage, In between we've had interjections from one poster from the north east that the real problem was a smurf LB drafted in the first round and the general incompetence of the staff. 

Well Fitz has now been signed and the controversy is over.Camp has begun, and real news should once again dominate. While the Deer hunter will never be silenced I believe the real news of our now complete team will drown out the malcontents...at least until/if we start losing games. Do not lose faith Joe. 

Man I agree with you, this board has been getting toxic recently with all these Fitz hater and Geno lover posters. But anyway, anyone else think that the Fitz signing was a bad signing and Geno should be the starter? Also, really pissed that we drafted Darron Lee in the first. Way to small to play lb.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol. Not to mention that any thread created about Geno, a qb that was actually a Jet throughout the off-season, we always had the same person going to the thread, not to participate in the topic, but just to say "another Geno thread? Cut Geno, he sucks". 

The hypocrisy is alive and well indeed.

Anyway, the offseason is officially over so things will get back to normal. 

Well that poster would only post once or twice stating that.  Not 100 posts pretty much saying the same thing over and over.    That's the point of this topic. To state a few posters are posting this site to death.   

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Well that poster would only post once or twice stating that.  Not 100 posts pretty much saying the same thing over and over.    That's the point of this topic. To state a few posters are posting this site to death.   

Repetitive posters have been told they're being repetitive repeatedly, but apparently it takes a lot more than that to get it to sink in. Hopefully the Fitz contract resolution quiets a few of the worst offenders. 

2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

All sites are the Same.

This place used to be pretty close to the forum you speak of.  Was very fun for a long time. 

Good thread Joe, I agree that all fans have the right to voice their opinion and this board is here to help us do just that, it feels good to vent and especially Jets fans should understand, let them live...  

I for one like to read the different views of all posters but don't like the childish fights, two thoughts I try to follow;

Value the different opinions, I think 95% of posters do just that and the back and forth "discussion" is what makes great reading for this site as long as it stays civil and on point, not personal - there have been some really good debates this offseason; our 1st and 2nd rounds picks, the starting QB, last years picks, OL, Mo resigning, Revis, Cro, cost of RB's, FA, cap management (still amazed how Mac spent 33m in the last two weeks with only 3m in reported cap space), etc...

Agree to disagree and walk away after all valid points have been made or it starts to get personal - if it gets personal, ignore that poster, there are plenty of posters to like on this site and there are way more important things in life 

As Marsellus Wallace said "Pride only hurts, it never helps" and there is always a bigger fish... :)

Let people jackass around for months on-end. Reach critical mass where the community can no longer shrug off the jackassery, and begins a level of "enough already" mockery. Jackasses get sensitive because the culture of enablement previously establshed allowed them to jackass for months, and now, when mocked, they feel entitled to a level of license with how they respond to mockery. Authority recognizes conflict, blames everyone: ruins society, kills puppies, and destroys hope eternal.

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

They didn't.  Two threads had to be lock because nobody finds it necessary to respect the guy that provides this awesome site  to talk about our favorite team.  I'm not standing for it.  Personal attacks.  Political trash talk.   Antagostic flaming responses that do nothing but annoy will get you banned.  Try me.  Stop it now. Training camp just started.  Season is coming.  FOLOW THE RULES Or CEASE TO EXIST.

I approve this message

9 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So years ago I came to Jetnation and stayed because it was not like other sites I had been a part of.   The reason I left the other sites is because they were almost unreadable because the same five posters were posting 100 times a day. 

Lately that's how it has been here. The same posters have been posting 100 to 200 times a day.  This does not allow different opinions to be expressed. Any poster that disagrees is shouted down and beat down by shear amount of posts.  

I am not saying this is what has happened to me but I see it happening.  I have put one of these posters on ignore but they post so much it does not matter.  

I know Max likes the post count high but I also know mods can see what I can see. Don't let a few posters post Jetnation to death. 

Maybe no one gives a crap but it is jmho. 

Preaching to the choir. I've been saying for a while that driving up post counts should not trump content quality. 

Personally I blame cable news channels.  Fox news may be the worst offender but the others aren't far behind.  This is where we have seen that interrupting and talking over the other person in order to drown out what that person is trying to say has been raised to an art form.

You cannot actually interrupt someone on here but in place of this we have seen a kind of "swarm-posting".   A group of posters will collectively attack, usually personally a poster who offers a different point of view and try to drown them with a death of a thousand cuts.  We have seen this "technique" used repeatedly and frankly it is far more offensive than anything PatsFanTX (a favorite whipping boy) has been guilty of here.

Just now, EM31 said:

Personally I blame cable news channels.  Fox news may be the worst offender but the others aren't far behind.  This is where we have seen that interrupting and talking over the other person in order to drown out what that person is trying to say has been raised to an art form.

You cannot actually interrupt someone on here but in place of this we have seen a kind of "swarm-posting".   A group of poster will collectively attack, usually personally a poster who offers a different point of view and try to drown them with a death of a thousand cuts.  We have seen this "technique" used repeatedly and frankly it is far more offensive than anything PatsFanTX (a favorite whipping boy) has been guilty of here.

I'd add that part of this art form is the deterioration of actual debate. The crap that takes place here daily isn't debate, it's just a bunch intellectually dishonest nonsense.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'd add that part of this art form is the deterioration of actual debate. The crap that takes place here daily isn't debate, it's just a bunch intellectually dishonest nonsense.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I must say that there's a difference, and it's always in the eye of the beholder. Let me explain. Take me for example, I've been all over particular threads professing my point of view that Geno should get an opportunity at the starting position. I've been in debates, some arguments etc. However, the difference here isnt in the amount of posts (my 1000 to someone's 1 or 2) but where its posted. 

What's the difference between a person posting 1,000 posts in a thread about a topic relevant to the thread posted and the person who posts one or two times in "every" thread just to say that Geno sucks or to cut him? Lets be real here, the 1,000 posts was based within a convo relevant to the topic, while the one or two posts were said just to bother the people who are in support of a guy, not that it brought something to the table that was necessarily relevant to the topic. It was more to talk crap about the guy for his supporters to read. 

However, if you look in the main "Fitzpatrick merged" thread that has like 250 pages, notice that a guy like myself havent posted in that thread for months. Why? Because outside of not being interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick, people have the right to talk about a guy they like/support without me going in with one or two posts saying Fitz is garbage, we should cut him or not resign him. 

Sure, 1 or 2 posts arent the same as 1,000 when you add them up, but one is based on the topic being discussed and the other is to simply state disdain for a guy while at the same time not truly having any interest in the topic. 

BUT, the offseason is over. Fitz is here and he's the starter. Im about to lose a couple bets but in the end its about the Jets. Dont sweat it Joe. We all have our feelings about players, but at the same time pointing at the Geno supporters is kinda unfair when the same thing happens with Fitz supporters. How many threads had to be locked just because someone created a thread just to trash Geno? Just look at the amount of people who had threads either locked or actually banned based on Geno Smith and their utter disrespect. This past week is a perfect example. And think about it, this FItz debate has gone on since Jan. 3rd for the most part. How many years here have Geno supporters heard about the same "behind the back" fumble, airport incident, pics he sent to a nursing student, his incompetence, his inability to read a defense (yet never provide examples), he can never be a leader, he can never develop, he's a lost cause etc.? That didnt suddenly stop this offseason while people where talking about Fitz. How far has those comments gone with Fitz in comparison to Geno? I never seen anyone call Fitzpatrick "stupid and if he wasnt in the league he'd be a drug dealer"....have you? Most of the anti-Fitz guys for the most part keep it football. We cant say the same about Geno Smith. 

When you support the "other guy" sometimes things like that can fly under the radar and it will just look like 4 or 5 guys making the place unreadable when guys on the other side of the coin are in all reality doing the same exact thing. 

Its called the offseason! :-) We made it through though. Enjoy the forums and the season. From the looks of it, the Fitz supporters have the last laugh anyway! 

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Totally. The only news we had since the draft was:

Jets offered $12 mil first year salary to Fitz n got rejected

Mo signed

Fitz signed

scattered with Johnny Manzel fights outside bars followed by him claiming to be a changed man. 

I'd just add Rex is still a jerkoff/scumbag to your list.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Repetitive posters have been told they're being repetitive repeatedly, but apparently it takes a lot more than that to get it to sink in. Hopefully the Fitz contract resolution quiets a few of the worst offenders. 

I'm sorry...could you repeat that?

42 minutes ago, EM31 said:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

This.

There are a handful of posters who either haven't realized or don't care that I haven't responded to anything they've posted in the forums for several months and in some cases over a year, yet some of those same posters continually quote me and try to drag me in to one of their slap fights.

Talk to the fans who want to engage in an actual grown up football discussion...ignore the rest.

3 hours ago, Ben Had said:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a big reason why one of those posters was perma banned from his home site. 

why must you follow me to every board but clearly he wasn't talking about me though that may describe me at other sites.

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's sort of the nature of the beast to entropy to the point where it seems like it's five people posting the same thing a hundred times a day even if it's actually five hundred people throwing their two cents in once each. I was never under the impression that the exceptions that made this an entertaining use of goofoff time were going to keep going indefinitely.

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

REVERRRD!

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Now I have to watch that tonight.   THanks

21 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I have a bad case of jock itch this morning. I've been using Lotrimin but it seems to have stopped working. What jock itch remedy do you guys use?

wearing a rubber. ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure.

33 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I have a bad case of jock itch this morning. I've been using Lotrimin but it seems to have stopped working. What jock itch remedy do you guys use?

Try Vagisil.

Archived