Mo and Richardson out 1st Quarter

whodeawhodat

http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/sheldon-richardson-mo-wilkerson-mysteriously-sit-1st-quarter/

Sheldon Richardson, Mo Wilkerson mysteriously sit 1st quarter

For a possible season-turning or season-killing game, the Jets began play without two of their best defensive players.

Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson did not play at all in the first quarter of the Jets’ game in Miami on Sunday, both dressing and awaiting on the sidelines with helmets in hand.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

38fe6857f4eeed9035d59eafe8823d08.jpg
«

i

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

As the second quarter began, the two defensive line forces jogged onto the field, signifying their absences were likely a disciplinary act. The Jets were up 10-7 at the second quarter’s start, having allowed a 20-yard Jay Ajayi touchdown run.

Richardson, the self-avowed “odd man out” on the stacked line, was not on the team’s injury report. Wilkerson was listed as “questionable” with an ankle injury that has hobbled him, but he was expected to play.

Anyone see anything in the twitter universe about this? I was surprised.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's crazy, if you took all the worst qualities of Mangini and Rex and combined them, you get Bowles. Is he really that naive to think that we aren't eventually going to find out? 

You're stealing my material!

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Shocking. 

Shocking I watched the game with a crowd of people when the media made mention of it we all were surprised as we all thought they were on the field. 

You guys are so perfect hey we are 3-5 and Fitzpatrick is still the QB arent you happy.. 

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's crazy, if you took all the worst qualities of Mangini and Rex and combined them, you get Bowles. Is he really that naive to think that we aren't eventually going to find out? 

Really; this happens all of the time with the Pats and everyone calls BB a genius. Not saying the Bowles is in the same galaxy as BB; Patriots keep everything in house and they are the class of the NFL, but Bowles discipline's his team but keeps it in house and he is a moron.

Hey, I get people don't like him. The team sucks. But, lets face it, if this team was 6-3 and he did this people would be calling it great coaching. If people want him gone, I can understand that, but to blame him for disciplining his team and not airing the dirty laundry is silly IMO. And, anyone who wanted the circus out of town, can't be upset that Bowles is keeping this quiet.

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Shocking I watched the game with a crowd of people when the media made mention of it we all were surprised as we all thought they were on the field. 

You guys are so perfect hey we are 3-5 and Fitzpatrick is still the QB arent you happy.. 

Who was in the crowd, Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels, and Tia Maria? 

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/sheldon-richardson-mo-wilkerson-mysteriously-sit-1st-quarter/

Sheldon Richardson, Mo Wilkerson mysteriously sit 1st quarter

For a possible season-turning or season-killing game, the Jets began play without two of their best defensive players.

Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson did not play at all in the first quarter of the Jets’ game in Miami on Sunday, both dressing and awaiting on the sidelines with helmets in hand.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

38fe6857f4eeed9035d59eafe8823d08.jpg
«

i

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

As the second quarter began, the two defensive line forces jogged onto the field, signifying their absences were likely a disciplinary act. The Jets were up 10-7 at the second quarter’s start, having allowed a 20-yard Jay Ajayi touchdown run.

Richardson, the self-avowed “odd man out” on the stacked line, was not on the team’s injury report. Wilkerson was listed as “questionable” with an ankle injury that has hobbled him, but he was expected to play.

Anyone see anything in the twitter universe about this? I was surprised.

Truthfully, I didn't even notice until the commentator said it on air. That's how little these two have produced this season and I would have no problem trading either or both of them. 

It doesn't really matter.

What matters is they did something and knew the consequences and showed utter irresponsibility and lack of leadership once again. 

Todd Bowles is running a circus.  It's a different circus, but it's a circus.

SAR I

You bench a guy who you just gave an 85 million dollar contract? And another dope that hasn't learned anything after being suspended 5 games now by the NFL?

No one on this team respects Bowles, they're walking all over him. Then Sheldon comes in & gets a PF, lol, respect?

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You bench a guy who you just gave an 85 million dollar contract? And another dope that hasn't learned anything after being suspended 5 games now by the NFL?

No one on this team respects Bowles, they're walking all over him. Then Sheldon comes in & gets a PF, lol, respect?

I don't blame the coach for benching them. It is a circus and he has to reign it in, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt (no idea what they did).

The penalties though. You have Calvin lecturing Sheldon on the field and a personal foul after he just got one. Can't make that up...

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't blame the coach for benching them. It is a circus and he has to reign it in, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt (no idea what they did).

The penalties though. You have Calvin lecturing Sheldon on the field and a personal foul after he just got one. Can't make that up...

Belichick gets rid of stupid players, he doesn't put up with them. Unfortunately Jerry Jones who signed a woman beater in Hardy is smart enough not to give picks for an azzhole like Richardson. Pryor seems like a total dummy too. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

what you cant make up is the pure stupidity of Calvin Pryor. First he gets a Critical momentum changing penalty for taunting then a few series later he tackles a guy who didn't even catch the ball and he's taunting again. If Bowles wants to make a statement he should have sat Pryor the rest of the game since he's barely worth a sh*t on the field anyhow.

I can not see how Todd Bowles keeps his job at the end of this season Woody and Macc have to be seeing what's going on here from the lack of adjustment to the pure pussified football team Bowles has been running the past 2 seasons.

This team loses games in every phase if its not the defense its the offense if they play somewhat respectable well then the Special teams (and they are special) takes over to fill in the gaps of suckage. This team is terrible and IMHO its all on the coaching . How a guy like Sanford is even on the field is beyond me the guy is horrific and that's what happens when you play players off the ******* street

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

The inmates have taken over the asylum .

7 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

FWIW, with Sheldon gone I think Wilk is going to have a great year in 2017.  The guy was rehabbing all off-season from a broken leg and probably came into the season out of shape...that or he's just stealing woody's money.   

LR, this is not aimed at you specifically, yours is just a recent example of something that always bugs me:

It's not Woody's money.  The cap is going to be spent one way or the other at one time or another so it's really the GM's money or the NY Jet's money, but not the owners money.  (ok, very minor rant over)  

This is what you get when you're losing. People pointing the finger at others, never themselves. Whatever those two "leaders" did I'm sure it was well warranted.

i mentioned it yesterday that something just ain't right in jet land. Too many players are not practicing during the week because of injuries only to dress and play on Sunday...something ain't right.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

It doesn't really matter.

What matters is they did something and knew the consequences and showed utter irresponsibility and lack of leadership once again. 

Todd Bowles is running a circus.  It's a different circus, but it's a circus.

SAR I

I call it the Underground Circus

Archived