Report: Revis Confidant Says Darrelle is Done

JetNation

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How can anyone on this board blame him?  

This team and organization are a mess from A-Z. He has tasted success he has a ring he knows how a real team operates.

Why should he go out on Sundays and break his neck when the team around him has all but quit and they suck mainly the coaching staff. 

This organization brought in nobody this off season to  help the secondary its a mess the LB corps is a mess but blame it all on Revis. 

First the hate was on Geno Smith now its all going to be directed towards Darrelle Revis probably a top 5 player to play for this organization....

Im telling you all theres more to this story...................all you guys that want Todd Bowles back he's poison he's the reason why we suck its quite evident the players don't want to play for him.  

What you see on the sidelines what you hear him say in the pressers is only a small does the players deal with him every damn day. 

You absolutely can blame him.  Are you kidding with this nonsense?

You can't blame Revis for playing the contract game well, and getting over on the NFL, but when you reach the point of not even trying, that's disgusting.  I'm not sure he cares at all, but I hope this costs him the Hall of Fame.  It should.

Just now, gEYno said:

You can't blame Revis for playing the contract game well, and getting over on the NFL, but when you reach the point of not even trying, that's disgusting.  I'm not sure he cares at all, but I hope this costs him the Hall of Fame.  It should.

Just an opinion but I doubt it. Time seems to be the great equalizer with stuff like this. Case in point: Randy Moss on ESPN every Sunday critiquing the PR strategies of current players.

Revis is almost done. However I think Bowles has a lot to do with wilks and Revis preformance. Both guys have checked out. I am surprised the same has not happened to Marshall. I know 2 yrs is very short for a head coach but lets clean house. New coach Rid ourselves of the Revis,Mangold,Harris, Fitz ,Marshall,Etc.  Get young rebuild. We are the bottom of the AFC east with them and teams are getting stronger in our division

Revis is almost done. However I think Bowles has a lot to do with wilks and Revis preformance. Both guys have checked out. I am surprised the same has not happened to Marshall. I know 2 yrs is very short for a head coach but lets clean house. New coach Rid ourselves of the Revis,Mangold,Harris, Fitz ,Marshall,Etc.  Get young rebuild. We are the bottom of the AFC east with them and teams are getting stronger in our division

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Nonsense you should be happy now you have a new player to hate. 

2 minutes ago, jbrae said:

Todd Bowles is the root of this evil thats my story and I'm sticking to it. 

If MacC pushed for this contract he should be fired, but I don't think he did.  Woody pushed for this.

Bench him.  Put him on IR Play Dexter Macdougle.  Offer the opportunity to retire with dignity.   Otherwise make him practice all summer, fine him if he does not perform, and cut him in August.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

We are all speculating and passing judgement on one of the top 5 players to ever play for the NY Jets, lets at least give him the benefit of the doubt until there is an official announcement on all this.

Why do bad things keep happening to this organization. 

You expect him to announce that he's been mailing it in all season because he has enough money and didn't want to risk injury while being paid like a franchise quarterback?  This is something you think will happen?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

You expect him to announce that he's been mailing it in all season because he has enough money and didn't want to risk injury while being paid like a franchise quarterback?  This is something you think will happen?

Maybe the organization is somehow stopping him from an official announcement or retiring mid-season. 

I don't expect any professional athlete to just come out and say I quit. 

Our entire team looks like a bunch of robots on that field this season. 

Something is wrong. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Maybe the organization is somehow stopping him from an official announcement or retiring mid-season. 

Something is wrong. 

So he wants to retire, but the Jets won't let him, so they're forcing him to play against his will?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So he wants to retire, but the Jets won't let him, so they're forcing him to play against his will?

Imagine the turmoil and I bet there is plenty going on behind the scenes. 

Do you think every player on that team agrees with Mangold,Decker and Marshall. 

The Jets #1 problem is this guy. 

Image result for todd bowles pics

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Something is wrong. 

Revis' $17M salary this year and $6M next year is guaranteed. If he was to retire he walks away from all of that money. There is zero chance that any player, no matter how bad they are, would do that. If he does want to retire and is hoping the Jets cut him hes doing his part to make that happen next March. Hed retire after that.  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Imagine the turmoil and I bet there is plenty going on behind the scenes. 

Do you think every player on that team agrees with Mangold,Decker and Marshall. 

The Jets #1 problem is this guy. 

Image result for todd bowles pics

So that's your theory?  Revis wants to retire, but the Jets won't allow it and he's playing against his will?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So that's your theory?  Revis wants to retire, but the Jets won't allow it and he's playing against his will?

Just a guess not written in stone I have no theory I'm a fan just like you are,digusted with all this and more certainly not here to argue with on top of all the Jets misery.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

For the Jets' Cap sake in 2017, I PRAY that Revis retires and wipes his bloated salary numbers off the books for 2017.

I SERIOUSLY question whether Revis has ANY REMOTE admiration for this franchise. #24  (like ALL-TIME JETS/All-WORLD CLASSY GENTLEMAN D'Brickshaw Ferguson) would DO RIGHT by retiring rather than FORCE the JETS to cut him. Considering the MILLIONS of $s he earned from this franchise - except for the 2nd year of his "Jets Reunion" contract- it would seriously be a d!ck move to FORCE the Jets to cut him instead of bow out gracefully alleviating cap space (with a/Thank you letter to Team and FANs as well) like #60 did. 

Are we really off the hook cap-wise if loserboy retires?

I think it's clear Revis has a bit of an injury that he's been playing through.  Patriot players saw him winceing several times.  He might be looking out for his career at this point rather than take extra hits that put him at jeopardy.

We shall see.

3 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Revis is trying to get cut...He knows this team is going to be bad for the next few years..He gets cut, he still gets all this guaranteed money and he can go play for a winner..I hate the guy but he;s pretty damn clever..

Lol he doesn't care about being on a winner.. He would go play in China if they were offering more. 

2 hours ago, jbrae said:

SO, in other words,  you're on board with Mac brining in HIS SUPPOSED primary choice for HC: Jax OL Doug Marrone? 

What coach out there would be an UPGRADE over Bowles that is currently available? (If they're commentating on TV, they are NOT coming back to coach the Jets)

When Revis said he was already thinking about playing safety I knew the end was near. Not because he didn't have the talent anymore, but because he lost the fight. You never hear players discussing their demise in the middle of their playing career. A guy like Jeter refused to play any other position but SS until  he retired. These players usually fight any position change because of age. Some eventually go along with the plan because they have no other choice but they are rarely heard talking about it. 

3 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

There is no way in gods green earth that Revis will leave one cent behind when he hangs um up. 

He will force the Jets to cut him and get his six million.  

That is the honest truth.   No way D Revis retires next year, and will play free safety for some team in 2017.( after jets cut him).   Watch how much his tackling improves when he playing for four million ( new team price they pay) with heavy incentives at safety.

jmo It wouldn't surprise me if Revis knew he was never going to see those last year of his contract with the Jets.   Why he tanked this season, as he looking for an out.  ( so he could get one more contract after he establishes himself as a safety.   ( 6 million guaranteed from Jets+ 4 million new team.       He plays well at safety and he could get multiple year contract .

Archived