Report: Revis Confidant Says Darrelle is Done

JetNation

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine the turmoil and I bet there is plenty going on behind the scenes. 

Do you think every player on that team agrees with Mangold,Decker and Marshall. 

The Jets #1 problem is this guy. 

Image result for todd bowles pics

Where do you get these theories from?  Why would a retirement be any kind of problem to anyone?  Hes a HOF player, no one would give him shlt

37 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

That is the honest truth.   No way D Revis retires next year, and will play free safety for some team in 2017.( after jets cut him).   Watch how much his tackling improves when he playing for four million ( new team price they pay) with heavy incentives at safety.

jmo It wouldn't surprise me if Revis knew he was never going to see those last year of his contract with the Jets.   Why he tanked this season, as he looking for an out.  ( so he could get one more contract after he establishes himself as a safety.   ( 6 million guaranteed from Jets+ 4 million new team.       He plays well at safety and he could get multiple year contract .

Other than he'll never get a deal which pays him what he's already signed for.  Made much more sense to play better and stay with the jets if he could.  

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than he'll never get a deal which pays him what he's already signed for.  Made much more sense to play better and stay with the jets if he could.  

Jets were never going to pay him that much to play safety.( he was paid as a top CB) .   He guaranteed to get 6 million from the Jets next year. My point is he can play safety for another team for 4 million .   That 10 million dollar salary with chance to establish himself at safety.( could still get multiple year contract- from anywhere 6-9 million per year).

D Revis career as a CB is over with. Does he want to keep playing, and can he reinvent himself at safety.

11 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

So the REAL question is whether #24 will take the NOBLE road like Brick and "retire" which cleans the salary COMPLETELY off the books with NO CAP HIT or dead money for the following season? 

OR

Does Revis FORCE the Jets' hand, ONCE AGAIN, and make them cut him and have the Jets incur the consequences of a annoying contract to swallow?

Brick knew he wasn't playing to HIS standard and PAY GRADE and helped the Jets' cap space by retiring. Would Revis follow suit and do the RIGHT thing?

doubt it. :(

Fukk him.,,,  im at the point where a Revis jersey is like a Favre jersey.  I could argue he has done more harm than good as a Jet.  Revis and Keyshon......  ME ME ME.

consider the source.  true enough that revis is playing as well as he used to.  he's also older than he used to be.  he's also been banged up.  last season he was out a couple of games because of a concussion.  anyone fault him for being concerned about his health after the nfl?  he keeps on playing so it's not like he's taken himself out of the game. 

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

consider the source.  true enough that revis is playing as well as he used to.  he's also older than he used to be.  he's also been banged up.  last season he was out a couple of games because of a concussion.  anyone fault him for being concerned about his health after the nfl?  he keeps on playing so it's not like he's taken himself out of the game. 

Staying in the game and refusing to do his job is worse than not volunteering to take a seat.  Fake an injury, sit down and stop being a liability.

This article is a load of crap.

I mean seriously folks think about it. Why would anyone in Revis' camp give a reporter a story that Revis has basically quit. Here is another question why didn't Manish go to Revis yesterday and even ask him to comment about it ? 

I would bet anyone out there that that "confidant" is one of those agents that Revis is in a legal battle with.

Revis might be alot of things, (douche, money whore, etc,etc) but I would be shocked if he was in the midst of pulling an Albert Haynesworth.

7 hours ago, SenorGato said:

In Woody's defense, he is sadly the real owner of this franchise. He should sell the Jets to Mark Cuban.

I really don't know, but what sucks is, who is really around the Revis...Fitz re-signings. And even Mo given the log jam. David Harris....and they're paying Marcus Gilchrist what, 5-6MM? ...for the same play you could get out of a rookie late round pick. 

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How can anyone on this board blame him?  

This team and organization are a mess from A-Z. He has tasted success he has a ring he knows how a real team operates.

Why should he go out on Sundays and break his neck when the team around him has all but quit and they suck mainly the coaching staff. 

This organization brought in nobody this off season to  help the secondary its a mess the LB corps is a mess but blame it all on Revis. 

First the hate was on Geno Smith now its all going to be directed towards Darrelle Revis probably a top 5 player to play for this organization....

Im telling you all theres more to this story...................all you guys that want Todd Bowles back he's poison he's the reason why we suck its quite evident the players don't want to play for him.  

What you see on the sidelines what you hear him say in the pressers is only a small does the players deal with him every damn day. 

It's hard to believe he'll leave $$ on the table. If the Jets cut him, Mevis gets $6m for doing nothing. That's the route he will run at season's end. 

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nonsense you should be happy now you have a new player to hate. 

Todd Bowles is the root of this evil thats my story and I'm sticking to it. 

You manage to contradict yourself in just two sentences, which is impressive.  Not that you of, I can make any topic about Ryan Fitzpatrick, had much of a leg to stand on regarding irrational hatred of players before these comments.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just an opinion but I doubt it. Time seems to be the great equalizer with stuff like this. Case in point: Randy Moss on ESPN every Sunday critiquing the PR strategies of current players.

It probably won't... Someone pointed out, the "nickname factor" will withstand the test of time.  But, I honestly don't think he deserves it.  His skills declined rapidly, and he's quit at this point.  Ultimately, as I've said a few times before, it comes down to whether you get into the HOF for being the best for a short period of time, or if you need some level of sustained greatness, which he doesn't.

53 minutes ago, King P said:

Revis is not retiring, cut it out guys. No way he is leaving all that money on the table, he'd be a moron to do that. I'm not hoping for anybody to lose out on money.

Just cut him and be done with him.

Agree.  He's not retiring.  Remember - this is Revis.  He's all about himself and the money.  He won't retire.  The team will be forced to cut him if they want to move on.

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

You expect him to announce that he's been mailing it in all season because he has enough money and didn't want to risk injury while being paid like a franchise quarterback?  This is something you think will happen?

Not really necessary to announce anything, just watch a game.  haha

16 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It probably won't... Someone pointed out, the "nickname factor" will withstand the test of time.  But, I honestly don't think he deserves it.  His skills declined rapidly, and he's quit at this point.  Ultimately, as I've said a few times before, it comes down to whether you get into the HOF for being the best for a short period of time, or if you need some level of sustained greatness, which he doesn't.

Agreed.  Most overrated player I've seen in a long long time. 

Guys like Champ Bailey, Charles/Rod Woodson, Deon, Green, Law, etc.  - the true all time great CB's played well into their 30's because they werent lazy greedy arrogant selfish self centered assholes.

He's ******* corner, those guys can play forever.  

It's amazing how many unlikable players plague this organization. 

14 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I would prefer he retires then watching him sign with the Bills, Fins or Patriots again

Very unlikely he'll retire while still under contract.  If he does he leaves $6,000,000 on the table.  Just not his nature.  He'll force the Jets hand,  walk away with the money, then retire.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  Most overrated player I've seen in a long long time. 

Guys like Champ Bailey, Charles/Rod Woodson, Deon, Green, Law, etc.  - the true all time great CB's played well into their 30's because they werent lazy greedy arrogant selfish self centered assholes.

He's ******* corner, those guys can play forever.  

It's amazing how many unlikable players plague this organization. 

Yeah, Revis isn't a HOFer.  He had 1 great year, but he doesn't have the stats for a 10 yr career.  Usually to EY's point, the great player for a short period of time has great production over that time.  Corners aren't judged like OLineman.  Stats come into play.  Champ has 52 INTs, Dion has 53, Rod Woodson 71, Charles Woodson 65 and Green 54.  Revis has only 28.

And Revis is only 31 and played 10 yrs (Champ played 14 and Dion 16).  If he walks away it's because of disinterest and that's not getting him any bonus with the HOF voters.

15 hours ago, JetNation said:

Revis' season has been a nightmare from the moment it started.

By Glenn Naughton

For much of the 2016 NFL season, many Jets fans and even casual observers have seen a noticeable lack of interest from Revis in his approach to bringing down opposing ball carriers.  Some have even wondered aloud if Revis’ play has slipped as a result of Revis making “business decisions” instead of football decisions, and according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, that’s exactly the case.

Mehta claims in this piece that a confidant of Revis made some comments about the cornerback that will have Jets fans blood boiling.

“He’s done,” a Revis confidant told the Daily News. “If he had his way, he’d be done right now. He doesn’t want to play anymore. He’s made a lot of money.”

While he can’t say for certain what Revis is thinking, the Revis confidant put the cornerback’s season this way: “He tanked it.”

While Mehta often draws the ire of Jets fans with his almost always “anonymous sources”, he has been right in the past regarding issues that are initially met with doubt.  Take for example, his trashing of Muhammad Wilkerson’s lack of dedication just a couple of months ago, only to see Wilkerson benched soon thereafter for, you guessed it, a lack of dedication by way of skipping out on meetings and practices.

Just a few days ago JetNation.com did this write upsaying it was time for the Jets to move on from Revis, but if Mehta is right, it seems Revis beat them to the punch.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

V0MPceay4nQ

Click here to read the full story...

I didn't need any Revis 'confidant' to tell me he has quit on the team. I have seen it with my own eyes week in and week out, you kidding me? This is a story only for those too idiotic to believe what you see on the football field and what I see is Revis AVOIDING tackling as much as possible.

38 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Terrell Davis has 3 All Pro's, NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Revis is 4 time All Pro for reference.

I don't remember Mehta being right about anything. He was a shill for Rex and now he gets no inside information. So considering the source I don't believe it. When you watch a game on TV you don't see every play just plays the guy has missed. Most of his coverage has been ok. He's not tanking it but he can't cover anyone one on one anymore. The Jets will probably cut him next year unless he agrees to redo his deal for a much lower price. As it stands now if they cut him the Jets will have to pay him $6 mil but would save $9 mil because he's due $15 mil next season. 

Whether this is true or not, the result of his awful play this season will be Revis getting cut and the Jets paying out his 6 mil. He's not going to retire simply b/c he stands to earn money by getting cut instead. It's Revis, not D'Brick. He's not taking the 'noble' option of retiring to clear the Jets cap. I don;t think any team will want him (especially a contender) unless he takes a massive pay cut and agrees to be the #2, maybe #3 CB or Safety. He's not going to do that. He will probably retire, but in FA after he gets paid out. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Whether this is true or not, the result of his awful play this season will be Revis getting cut and the Jets paying out his 6 mil. He's not going to retire simply b/c he stands to earn money by getting cut instead. It's Revis, not D'Brick. He's not taking the 'noble' option of retiring to clear the Jets cap. I don;t think any team will want him (especially a contender) unless he takes a massive pay cut and agrees to be the #2, maybe #3 CB or Safety. He's not going to do that. He will probably retire, but in FA after he gets paid out. 

REVIS JERSEY BURNING PARTY!!!!!!!!!!

Archived