Draft:

1. CB Jalen Tabor

2. OL Forrest Lamp 

3. QB Mason Rudolph 

4. RB James Conner 

5. OLB Vince Biegel 

6. TE Cole Hikuti 

7. OLB Dante Booker 

Why not sign Trumaine Johnson or Stephon Gilomore.. or hell sign both. After cuts + restructures we'll have a ton of money. Then draft a guy like Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams at safety. 2 elite corners and an elite level safety out of the draft. Sign the best olinemen via free agency and draft another one. Idk about bringing in Glennon with Darnold coming out next year he looks like he's the next big qb. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

My ideal offseason:

-sign guys I've heard of to big contracts

-trade all of our draft picks for other guys I've heard of, then give them big extensions

-go 7-9

-blame the coach

so your offseason includes a season.. and a post season. interesting.

3 hours ago, mattyb said:

Release:

OT Breno Giacomini [$5.3 Million]

ILB Erin Henderson [$3 Million]

RB Matt Forte [$5 Million]

K Nick Folk [$3.6 Million]

Restructure:

CB Buster Skrine [25% Restructure]

C Nick Mangold [10% Restructure]

FS Marcus Gilchrist [25% Restructure]

LT Ryan Clady [50% Restructure]

ILB David Harris [10% Restructure]

Key Free Agent Signings:

QB - Mike Glennon 

OLB - Nick Perry 

CB - Logan Ryan

RB - Rex Burkhead 

Draft:

1. CB Jalen Tabor

2. OL Forrest Lamp 

3. QB Mason Rudolph 

4. RB James Conner 

5. OLB Vince Biegel 

6. TE Cole Hikuti 

7. OLB Dante Booker 

After the cuts and restructures the Jets would have approximately $11M in cap space.  It'll be around $8M to sign the draft picks.  That leaves between $3M - $6M for signing Glennon, Perry, Ryan and Burkhead. 

Though a good lineman, Forrest Lamp has been practicing all week as a guard at the Senior Bowl practices.  They just signed Winters and Carpenter was the most dependable lineman this past season.  Not sure if they'd spend a 2nd rounder on another guard when there are other holes to fill. 

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we use the #6 overall pick on a corner after everything we've invested into corners over the past 10 years, I am going to be upset about that. And I will write a post explaining just how upset I am.

Definatly, Need someone to score points not Provent them. 

#ModernNFL

Ideal Offseason:  Fire Kacy Rodgers and Bowles.

No?  Not ideal, lol.  

This would be ideal, but we're not going to have the money to sign all of those guys, especially Glennon, when factoring in that he's getting more than what Fitz made last year.  

20 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Ideal Offseason:  Fire Kacy Rodgers and Bowles.

No?  Not ideal, lol.  

This would be ideal, but we're not going to have the money to sign all of those guys, especially Glennon, when factoring in that he's getting more than what Fitz made last year.  

It would be terrible if they fired Bowles right now (unless they're giving Harbaugh total control or something, which ain't happening BTW).

Interesting that this ideal offseason means we keep Revis, Richardson, etc. Not cutting Revis, not dropping his salary, not anything. Just pay him $15M. Don't trade Richardson either. We totally need him with Mo and Williams already locked in at both ends. Or play 4-across; our 300/315-pounders are totally suited to be 4-3 pass rushing ends.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we use the #6 overall pick on a corner after everything we've invested into corners over the past 10 years, I am going to be upset about that. And I will write a post explaining just how upset I am.

You're going to be upset. Jets will draft a corner. When you look at the top 6 in this draft, it's almost predestined.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

With the history of this team I expect a rough draft on my desk by Valentines Day. 

the falcons hang 55 on the patriots, and then the patriots get caught with more "research" from uncle ernie

revis retires after declaring himself a fraud and returns $50,000,000 to woody

woody in turn hires ron wolf for a 2 year stint to turn this thing around

the jets draft players exclusively to help the pass protection and pass rush

oh yeah, they pick up a QB 

Why not sign Trumaine Johnson or Stephon Gilomore.. or hell sign both. After cuts + restructures we'll have a ton of money. Then draft a guy like Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams at safety. 2 elite corners and an elite level safety out of the draft. Sign the best olinemen via free agency and draft another one. Idk about bringing in Glennon with Darnold coming out next year he looks like he's the next big qb. 

I would sign up for 0-16 right now to draft Darnold, but the reality is , its highly unlikely we get the # 1 overall pick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah, but did see our corners last year.  I can't make it through another year like that.  Along with QB the weakest spot on the team.

11 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Forte's deal guaranteed his money for both the 2016 and 2017 seasons ($9 mill total)...so, he ain't going anywhere as his 2017 salary ($4mill) is guaranteed.

Atlas, that's what I've seen reported.

Dumb signing.  Hated it last year I hate it more now

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

I would sign up for 0-16 right now to draft Darnold, but the reality is , its highly unlikely we get the # 1 overall pick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The closest we came to tanking was in 2014 and we were too stupid to not throw a meaningless late season game against the steelers

Otherwise Jameis Winston would be our qb 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

the falcons hang 55 on the patriots, and then the patriots get caught with more "research" from uncle ernie

revis retires after declaring himself a fraud and returns $50,000,000 to woody

woody in turn hires ron wolf for a 2 year stint to turn this thing around

the jets draft players exclusively to help the pass protection and pass rush

oh yeah, they pick up a QB 

Woody sells the team to Mark Cuban because Trump promotes him Secretary of Treasury

11 hours ago, mattyb said:

Release:

OT Breno Giacomini [$5.3 Million]

ILB Erin Henderson [$3 Million]

RB Matt Forte [$5 Million]

K Nick Folk [$3.6 Million]

Restructure:

CB Buster Skrine [25% Restructure]

C Nick Mangold [10% Restructure]

FS Marcus Gilchrist [25% Restructure]

LT Ryan Clady [50% Restructure]

ILB David Harris [10% Restructure]

Key Free Agent Signings:

QB - Mike Glennon 

OLB - Nick Perry 

CB - Logan Ryan

RB - Rex Burkhead 

Draft:

1. CB Jalen Tabor

2. OL Forrest Lamp 

3. QB Mason Rudolph 

4. RB James Conner 

5. OLB Vince Biegel 

6. TE Cole Hikuti 

7. OLB Dante Booker 

Agree with everything except your choice for our 7th round draft pick.  Dante Booker - what were you thinking?!

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

and I will give you a positive rep for that post

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Pretty sure they've already restructured Skrine once, too. I don't get any of it. Skrine is bad. 

My comment was more along the lines of "What is this supposed to mean?" As in, explain "Nick Mangold [10% Restructure]" if you would.

And yes they did already restructure Skrine, I think in September, to leave more breathing room just in case the team needed to sign someone else midseason. If it went unused, which it should have after seeing the 1-win start we got off to, the net result is that extra $2.5M of unspent space gets pushed to 2017's cap, and we'd then have a $2.5M higher 2017 cap ceiling (for example, $172.5M instead of $170M). So he counts $2.5M more over the next 2 years, but our cap ceiling is $2.5M higher in 2017 alone, making the whole thing a wash. It looks messy (and bad) when isolating his new/higher allocation of the 2017 cap, but time didn't begin in March of 2017 and ultimately the reason his cap number is higher in 2017 is because it was lower in 2016.

I'll find fault with Maccagnan/Davidson for the many things they've done badly - and there really is a long list - but this is nothing. Not unless we actually used it all up midseason in the quest to win 5 games. The only kinda "bad" thing is it makes it seem like cutting him now has less of a net return than it would have before, however the actual net is the same: after the dust is finished settling, the exact same amount came off the cumulative salary caps. 

If they want to cut Skrine, it saves his $6M salary no matter what his present cap number is now or what it would have been without the restructure. What is saved is the new money the team would no longer pay.

Archived