Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

Matt39

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why wasnt his body guard with him? I never heard of calling up your body guard during al altercation to come join in after the fact. 

Who do you figure he conspired with to get a felony conspiracy charge?  He told an eyewitness "he had other guiys on the way"  

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why?  He broke the law.  I hope EVERY big name celebrity who runs around being a dickhead and breaking the law gets time.

Sheldon should have got time, but he didn't.  You would have.  I would have.  But not him.  Because famous + rich = gets off.

So yeah, if the allegations are proven that Revis beat the sh*t out of some dudes, I hope he gets the maximum penalty possible.  His fame and tens of millions in salary should not make him above the law.

It's not "hate" to feel this way.  It's a belief in justice and equality under the law.

Allegedly.

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why?  He broke the law.  I hope EVERY big name celebrity who runs around being a dickhead and breaking the law gets time.

Sheldon should have got time, but he didn't.  You would have.  I would have.  But not him.  Because famous + rich = gets off.

So yeah, if the allegations are proven that Revis beat the sh*t out of some dudes, I hope he gets the maximum penalty possible.  His fame and tens of millions in salary should not make him above the law.

It's not "hate" to feel this way.  It's a belief in justice and equality under the law.

Allegedly.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis is one of the greatest Jets players in the history of the organization pathetic how fans treat players like him and others who wear the Jets uniform over what, be ashamed very ashamed. 

Do you even realize who silly you sound?

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I dont live my life behind a locked door if I need to to to the hood I go and fear nothing I'm prepared to defend myself and my family at all times. 

Revis might be opening an all night diner and wanted to see the foot traffic in the neighborhood after hours, who knows?  

Everyone is quick to judge and destroy one of the greatest Jets players of all time. Sheesh

sound good.

how about a vacation in Syria or Iraq ? 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

WELCOME to IGNORE not dealing with people like you who call others names because you have nothing else. 

You've chosen to ignore content by JetFaninMI.

Ignore people yes. Announce it no.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Personal attacks arent allowed here as per the rules, usually when a poster personally attacks another member they got nothing else. 

I support Revis you dont end of story. 

Snitches get stitches, you illiterate Oompa Loompa.

On 2/16/2017 at 6:49 PM, joewilly12 said:

What exactly is a terroristic threat Carl? 

That would be when he threatens to kill them if they keep filming him. That's my guess at least. It'll all be there in living color. 

Seems to me that this is a classic case of a famous person flipping out over being bothered. The only difference is Alex Baldwin slap fighting with some girls for their camera in MAlibu causes less damage than a NFL player fighting for the camera of some dudes comfortable on the streets of the southside at night. 

The pathetic part of all this ranking on Revis here is that if he was still a star playing on a high level for us,   we would all be taking his side, but just because he stinks now, he must be in the wrong,  as if one thing has to do with the other... I remember when A-rod was severely hated for his steroids and lying,  but then he started to play well and he's cheered again... 

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

The pathetic part of all this ranking on Revis here is that if he was still a star playing on a high level for us,   we would all be taking his side, but just because he stinks now, he must be in the wrong,  as if one thing has to do with the other... I remember when A-rod was severely hated for his steroids and lying,  but then he started to play well and he's cheered again... 

nah.  sheldumb got roasted heavily and that was after his good year

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I'm done discussing this issue.

QFT

LOL!!!  Anyone want to take a guess at the  # of posts jw12 made in this thread after posting the above?  Take your guess without counting them yourself, which I did.   I guessed wrong.  I figured it would be about 5.  

I should have double downed on that.  I would have lost any bet by a country mile.

Darrelle Revis incident details confirm that a conviction won’t be easy

I don't understand why people get so worked up over Revis being criticized. Yes he was a great player for this team, yes he is most likely a HOF'er, but he was compensated very nicely for that. He was doing a job he was payed for. I thank him for his effort but the sad reality of the NFL is players get old. Revis has lost a step and his abilities are fading. The Jets owe him nothing for his past abilities now. This is a business plain and simple. Players retire, move to other teams and life goes on. The Jets are at a crossroads here. They need to make the best effort to put the best product on the field. Sadly that does not include Revis at this point. They are cap strapped and have so many holes that the luxury of keeping Revis will hurt the team's further development. If and that's a big Revis would take a massive pay cut and be open to playing safety I could see the Jets being open to that. That was before this incident. Now that this has happened the Jets have a chance to void his contract and create much needed cap space. From a business standpoint they almost have to do that.

Revis is a human being. He makes mistakes, he does stupid things, and believe it or not he is not as infallible as his worshipers think he is. These are very serious charges and while he may or may not be guilty they will affect his career. Same as you or I. The Jets are not scumbags because they are exploring whether or not they can cut their loses and get some cap relief. They are running a business and need to do whats best for the interests of that business. There is no room for sentiment while operating a business. Revis is probably going to be an ex-Jet in the coming weeks. It's whats best for the team now and in the future. No matter how great this guy was the Jets need to move on and it sucks but it is reality. Some have to suck it up and deal with that.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, SAR I said:

Revis was beloved pre-Patriots, merely tolerated post-Patriots, and abhored now due to his two-hand touch tackling, lack of effort, and lack of leadership this past season.  At least that's the vibe at the stadium and for the most part in this forum.

SAR I

"The vibe at the stadium"?   The New Dump has a vibe?  C'mon, now. I get more of a vibe from hand-buzzers and whoopee cushions from Spencer Gifts. 

6 hours ago, jetophile said:

"The vibe at the stadium"?   The New Dump has a vibe?  C'mon, now. I get more of a vibe from hand-buzzers and whoopee cushions from Spencer Gifts. 

Depends where your seats are it seems.

My section, it's like it was in Giants Stadium, only better.  Camaraderie, friendship, manners, no drunken vulgarity.

SAR I

Eventually he'll plea for a reduced charge of a misdemeanor.  Fine and community service.

It'll also cost him a couple million to get the alleged victims to not press the prosecutor.  Getting punched in the face can be like hitting the Lotto.  Ask Geno   

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Eventually he'll plea for a reduced charge of a misdemeanor.  Fine and community service.

It'll also cost him a couple million to get the alleged victims to not press the prosecutor.  Getting punched in the face can be like hitting the Lotto.  Ask Geno   

ever see the movie malice ?  you punch me, let me beat you in court, we split the money

14 hours ago, roscoeword said:

That in a nutshell is a definition of the word FAN.

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hopefully Revise beats the charges. 

You should start hawking those "Free Mevi$" shirts before the story completely cools off.  Maybe include the KO Kid's video with those two guys laid out on the pavement.  If he really knocked them out, maybe he's due for a resurgence and should be signed to an longer extension.  Ka-ching all the way around!!!!

On 2/17/2017 at 7:42 PM, Jet Nut said:

Ran the ball? The Jets were losing in the 4th.  He finished the game at 100 yards passing.  He sucked and was carried across the finish line that game. 

The Jets scored on the great sanchez to keller TD at the very beginning of the 4th to give us a 10-7 lead.  On the next possession Greene ran for the long TD and we were up 17-7 w/ over 7 mins to play.  After that Sanchez to keller TD he only attempted one more pass which was a 3rd and 4 right before the Greene run.  a critical 3rd down conversion. 

On 2/17/2017 at 7:51 PM, JetFaninMI said:

No it hasn't. Its just your way of hijacking the thread to take the onus off the fact that Revis may be guilty of a serious crime. Your insistence that he was the greatest player the Jets ever had is your opinion. You are stating opinion as fact. The fact that its your opinion and you can't or refuse to see that one's opinions are just that makes it hard to counter anything you say because of it. We all have opinions. We all have assholes. Guess which one you sound like when you insist yours is factual?

he may be guilty and he may not be(it sounds like he isn't by the way), that had nothing to do w/ the discussion.

he is the greatest player in Jets history. you can try to counter all you want, I encourage it but just taking shots at me is not a counter. 

Archived